Spawn Killing and base camping

True and if you set out to creep down the side of the map and wait near enemy spawn how many times would you achieve that, 1 in 5 ? 1 in 10.Its not easy and it takes a newbie time to realise that that is how everyone else is racking up the kills.You learn tricks.

It takes the whole team to prevent spawncamping. Prevention is the best … but when I see how often 90% of the players are on a 200m corridor on the map, it’s no surprise.
So now to the question of all questions that I always ask myself when I arrive with my team at the enemy spawn. Who spawns again and again in such a situation?

2 Likes

If a team of 16 people can’t stop someone to sneak by unnoticed on already hilariously small maps is honestly on the team and they should get their cheeks clapped, just to learn leaving large parts of the map open is not a good idea.

Best way to defend a city is to stop the enemies from coming close in the first place, this can be applied to WT as well.
Area around the caps will be a ghost town if the enemies can’t even reach them, it’s as simple as that.

3 Likes

I completely agree in every single aspect, and I’m really sorry it’s come to this.

Personally, I’m sick of this community in general, although there are many exceptions fortunately. Not many players use the chat during battles, but when they do they most likely make it disgusting, spreading hate, insults and an overall horrible behaviour.

Whenever you try to suggest anything new, or just complain about an issue, you face the typical “skill isue”, “trash stats” or “keep crying” comments, which ahieve nothing but to cover up any constructive feedback.

And I deeply believe this game won’t get any better…

4 Likes

Yeah, they only thing I do is keep using the complain function. Although it seems more like a placebo.

2 Likes

listen to me, I know it can be annoying but in any case if your team dies in 2 minutes of the game unfortunately the spawkill happens, I doubt that for this reason the gaijin can objectively do something about it…
like any game it’s a thing that happens. the only solution would be to make a map 40 kilometers long but then everything would become unplayable.

1 Like

100% and that is why I have given up complaing and just get on with it.Spawn camping, CAS, sniping while coverd in bushes, yes thats me and that is Warthunder ,fit in or f*** off

2 Likes

“It is not the strongest of the tanks that survives,
not the most intelligent that survives.
It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”
― Charles Tankwin

2 Likes

I mean I was mostly focusing on the community toxicity issue, but yeah, if you see it that way, I guess it’s the game and although it’s horrible, it is what it is…

“Who would possibly cover their Sherman firefly in bushes and camp out of sight, thats just unsporting” -Michael Wittmann

1 Like

Like others on here one of the first things I did was turn chat off.

Yes, it’s natural process when your team losses

Nothing wrong. I will not play on shitty map and recommend u do same.

Funny, but usually ytbers with 1 tanks are more effective that average player with 100500 respawns.

2 Likes

Sure, if I just cherry pick the maps where I know the best spots and only pick the modes that I like, then I automatically do better than on the rest.

So don’t wonder if you’re one of those YT CCs who do that and get teamkilled, because you’re supposed to be part of the team and not let the team work for you and your content.

Paragraphs bro … paragraphs . Reading all this gave me a stroke

But anyway , don’t hate the player hate the game .

Bet my nuts that you have spawn camped others as well . Sht happens , it’s a game . It’s meant to be enjoyed . If you don’t enjoy and still here after all those things happening to you and you are this unhappy with the game , it seems to me you’ve made the game a job .

And I believe most spawn camping happens in high BR where the vehicles can 1 shot anything with a well good placed shot and that everything has a decent/very good mobility .

3 Likes

Without those 14 “idiots” you are nothing else then fastfood for the enemy

2 Likes

I think every new forum member wants to change the War Thunder world after a short time of playing. We slowly see the faults and want to model the game in our own image.
After a while of complaining and arguing you realize that it is not going to change drastically neither are those who play it.

It’s like Lance Armstrong the famous Cyclist taking drugs. Everybody did it so he did too and by his own admission he was the fastest cheat of them all so as far as he is concerned, he is still a great cyclist. Same with spawn camping etc We can all see what the game is and what is legal so just do it .

It is a cut and thrust environment in GRB, got to fight dirty and use every trick to survive and get a good score. You can still have good manners and help your teammates. As for chat, yes turn it off. You can still see the mini map and pings

1 Like

There are three categories of players, those who play to win, those who are only interested in personal statistics and don’t care if they lose or win, those who play to pass the time without knowing what they have to do.

1 Like

In the last match I came across a situation close to spawncamping … how would you judge on this?

I was in the “red” team (started from the east side) and we advanced fast beyond A and I ended up in the area which I marked with the blue box.
Would you call this spawncamping? I couldn’t retreat. Who likes to be shot in the back? There were no more allies nearby. In the end I had killed 8 opponents until friendly troops arrived. There was simply no break in which I could have retreated.
What am I trying to get at? Does anyone really expect their opponent to stop fighting for their victory? Wouldn’t everyone on the opposing team do the same?

1 Like

Honestly - I stopped reading at spawn camping.

1. If you get spawn camped your team did not
    a. Flank Control
    b. Mid Control
    c. Hold forward on spawn
    d. All of the above.

It is very easy to spawn lock the enemy if they do not pay attention. Also, few players actively counter spawn campers. A spawn camp usually starts with 1 or 2 vehicles that break through the flank.

Also, this is PVP, not hold your hand and have honor. Game wise there are measures to prevent instant death in spawn.

Lastly - be honest - if you are on the spawn camping team do you complain about it or do you tel your team to back off and not do it?

2 Likes

There’s a number of maps which allow players to bypass the entire team and camp behind spawn firing at players leaving, there’s no red zone or indication on the map they are there. That’s the kinda spawn camping that i want fixed, teams getting push across the map and essentially loosing is a totally different scenario.