Fix spawn protection for the love of God

Spawn protection should indeed be improved vastly. Gaijin didn’t really touch on spawn protection in many years, and the recent additions didn’t fix the issue at its core.

One step toward fixing early heli rushes is to put helipads in fixed and known places on the map, that are marked on the minimap. Or make it so the enemy heli spawns are located exactly in the direction of the enemy ground spawns.

They are in know locations.
You can always check that location before spawning by selecting aircraft, or drone and it shows locations of airfields, and helo pads.
Many maps, if you got AA with saclos missile, you can shoot that helo down right when it takes off.
And while playing murica, equipping few M830A1 rounds on abrams ends those helo rushes quite fast.

6 Likes

I guess you can check beforehand. Not really helpful if I instinctively hit spawn on my tank without checking and now I’m doomed to scan for the first couple minutes.

Sounds like a Skil issue man. You’re telling me you’ve played 4k battles and still don’t know where heli spawn?

3 Likes

Always the answer to anything.

1 Like

Here you go, these quotes from Stona should explain this situation nicely.

1 Like

I like being spawned camped… Why you ask?

Well pick the right vehicle with fast reload and bag your self 2,3 or even 4 kills (if your lucky) before you die, i always asses the battlefield if we are overrun and take advantage of the spawn protection to get multiple kills, even in certain situation i get into a plane, switch to 2000lbs and rain all hell on my spawn point.

Its swings and round-abouts i see it as an advantage and i personally think its fine the way it is.

2 Likes

I do the same thing, netting a couple kills during the invulnerability timeframe.

Same can go for starting a match, if the map is relatively flat and or long, then i spawn a AAA, guess what!,

I usually can get 1 or 2 kills with people trying to rocket and gun you with a ka-50 / ka52 etc
recently i got 5 Heli kills from the start of the match, due to the recent sales, and yes they all left the game which made it an easy win for us.

I’m not saying I’m perfect I’ve had instances where I’ve spawned into our spawn which has been over-runned, not realised that there’s been an enemy plane in the air and been instantly killed by a dumb bomb, spawn protection i believe only protects you from Ground Vehicles and not air assets like planes and helicopters.

So, you want a free kill just because you have 70SP?

1 Like

It’s only applicable if the dudes are stupid and actually rushin in spawn. Most people spread out a bit and stay behind cover, then come out when you look at one of the other many targets around and shoot you. It’s an indefensible position unless the guys are absolutely smooth brained and drive and camp into spawn.

Though when it happens, yeah I normally grab 2-3 of them with an Abrams spawn cuz of reload. That’s a fine trade for my death lol

As much as I love CAS I do agree that it’s a bit unfair to be killed by aircraft seconds after spawning.
So I think missiles and bombs should just explode upon hitting the outside of the spawn zone. However this doesn’t mean spawn should be 100% impossible fr the enemy team to shoot in.

Like it or not if your entire team was pushed back to spawn then the other team shouldn’t be punished simply because they outperformed your team and are now outside your spawn.
granted though anyone who goes out of their way to spawn camp is a skill-less noob. But otherwise if the entire enemy team is at your spawn then you got outplayed simple as that.

Well, i prefer, for top-tier SPAA will be unable use SAM, until protection is gone.

They still can use guns (if have), for crump the most braggish pilots, but unable to clear the sky, while been unbeatable.

Or, first launch, must set their spawn protection off.
If you ready enough for shooting - you ready enough to been shot back.

'cause it really unpleasant - make a perfect gun/missle/bomb run at enemy SPAA stack, just to be shot down, by freshly respawned same guys.
(Yeah, you can run pretty low, and hide, after strike, but when you attack from above - u pretty vulnerable to that type of spawn protection abuse)

2 Likes

Yep.

It is a shame that everything that has to change for top tier also has to change for the lower tiers.I am quite happy how spawn is at low mid BR.We dont have helicopters.

Time to make a separate game and forum for top tier?

What a dumb idea to allow planes to have a greater advantage by being able to attack into the enemy spawn unhindered for longer. Oh what a concept. You get killed by a plane and decide to respawn in an SPAA, but you can’t fire your primary armament to eliminate the threat on your spawn unlike every single other vehicle in game when they spawn.

Isn’t a perfect attack run if you are at great risk of being shot down. Besides that, you expect to kill someone in a plane and then not spawn SPAA in order to combat the air threat and shoot you down? Seems like poor tactics on your part.

Yeah thats it.

As i said - its not so fair/fun, when i outplayed the SPAA enjoyer, kill him, and next 15 second i must just survive, when those guy can kill me, being untouchable on his second spawn on same machine.

And, if u so unpleased by 1 variant, just look at second - where protection get off, after first shot/launch.

It isn’t fair/fun for vehicles in their spawn (without moving mind you) to be able to defend themselves from vehicles attacking them in that spawn. Greatly flawed logic, and if you insist on attacking spawns (described yourself following the quote) then you deserve to be killed by spawning AA. Try attacking vehicles NOT in the spawn, maybe you won’t get killed as much by SPAA spawning.

Again, it makes no sense for SPAA to be limited in defending itself unless all other vehicles share the same characteristics. NOONE wants spawns to be defenseless until their protection is over or give up their invulnerablilty if they fire back, especially since spawn killing happens so much anyway.

1 Like

AGAIN - if spawned attack someone - he/she is battle ready and no need abusable protection anymore.

And flying at top tier, i MUST focus SPAA, because if i dont - they just kill me, while i CASing their teammates.

So, its be pretty fair, if spawn protection will get off, after first shot.
Wanna stay invulnerable - dont shoot.
That protection been added to game, just for re-spawned players have some time, to look around, and be sure, that no one targeting them - not for unfunny abuses.