SPAA J'ing out before you can kill them

It is not hard to do shots from >8 km.

1 Like

That only works if you’re playing with Russia and/or one of the few vehicles that don’t have and artificial speed limit on your bombs (thanks for the consistency, gaijin)

At 10km sure you can evade and other SPAA, but against a pantsir you need to keep turning AS WELL as scanning the battle field. Once you find the target you need to then get to the drop point while constantly evading without going past the gimbal limit and losing the target THEN drop the bomb. THEN keep flying and evading without losing track of the target. ALSO, you may need to be under Mach 1.0 if gaijin decides to make your CAS suck ALSO you need to look out for CAS, ALSO you need to make sure your TP hasn’t randomly stopped tracking.

And the kicker is that if you’re playing a map like cargo port you actually cannot get out of a pantsirs range as the map is only ~15km out from the centre.

This whole song and dance takes minimum 5 minutes and is the most mentally taxing thing in the game. Any other game where a player needs to spend several minutes to get a chance of getting a kill is just bad game design and would be a laughingstock.

CAS at lower BRs is absolutely OP but pretending this is low skill or that the pantsir isn’t broken is just bad game delusional

1 Like

i know. I can use mav’s and hit targets at like 12-14 km’s but 20+ is out of this world

4 Likes

But then not every nation gets top tier spaa, which is unbalanced and unfair. PvP games supposed to be fair in their pvp aspect.

3 Likes

You mean the ones that are at the B.R. range where SPAA can’t hit You at that distance?

1 Like

Aren’t yall talking about all spaa? Like top tier Spaa

for russian helicopters, I still can only lock the below 2 km in the type 81, sot that part not really changed.
the photocontrast is good against planes tho, that is a nice thing (like 50% of the time, when you get a nice and flat map)

1 Like

Test flight (never trusted those) and you are indeed magical Alvis what can i say

Top tier SPAA has a lot of problems in hitting targets that are above 10km range (not talking about russian one or that a plane is flying in straight line).

1 Like

Anyways. I want to do CAP. Gaijin i want lower cost for my A/A missiles

1 Like

Photocontrast sometimes failes to work due to helicopters or planes simply being “disguised” or too hard to notice for photocontrast to begin with.
Thats probably what you’re encountering.
I had a similar case with YAH-64 in a Strela-10M, when his effective range of 8KM with Hellfires was practically untouched by me as he was 6 KM away and had a mountain as his background.

Do this in an actual game where they move behind cover and could be killed by a team mate at any point in the 5 year flight time

1 Like

Ah hah I don’t mind it still count as i lost one AGM and they lost one life

Aha, russian heli sitting 6 km away, before a completly clear background (sky) and the missles still cant lock it in any mode, but the sight can. Happend just in this match I played a minute ago

1 Like

Again, even weather as clouds in the sky, nuclear sun, slight fog can interfiere.
Also IRST is not photocontrast!

I tried bot IRST and photocontrast, no difference in that case. Also the sky was clear, no coulds

@MrKrabsPattys Cause I’m not loading up a custom battle that’ll prove the same exact thing in a Harrier.

You can send it to me via this or DM, the scenario. If i wont find the matter myself I can send it to game masters to help find what was wrong.
If you can, send the replay.

Yeah, C*S begins being a real problem when it gets extremely long range guided and smart munitions.

I am not the kind of player who would claim that the existence of CAS is bad altogether; I think it’s far more balanced and even fun at lower tiers. But in Top Tier… it’s just unbearable.

7 Likes