SPAA J'ing out before you can kill them

no, it is not difficult to play cas, especially agains tanks that can’t even fight back. You can just crash into someone and drop your bombs 1 sec before and you get a garanteed kill.
Also, spaa needs to fight other tanks, spaa and planes, plus they need to actually aim.
Yes, it requires skill to drop bombs properly, BUT using gun based spaa requires even more skill.
And as I said, you can always get at least 1 kill in a plane, but not in spaa.
Edit: finding spaa is hard? I suggest getting an apointment for an optometrist (eye doctor)

9 Likes

Maybe a bit less but none at all is wild lol

1 Like

This isnt an issue with SPAA its an issue with the whole game, if someone is near you or in your sights and they crash or J out you should get the kill

So who should get the kill when a casplane suicedes into ground, but no one has dealt demage to it. Since it is actively preventing spaa from shooting it

3 Likes

Nearest SPAA, would also be nice as SPAA need more rewards

yeah, it so sad seeing planes crash in an spaa you trying to spade/grind. I always tell myself it is a manouverkill (cope).

1 Like

I was talking about toptier. At lower tiers, CAS overpowers spaa.

finding spaa is hard? I suggest getting an apointment for an optometrist (eye doctor)

i never said its hard, just that they have a harder time finding you, than you have them. Cause you have a radar.

try to find an SPAA in Hurtgen Forest, Rhine, Alaska, Breslau. Without a high Quality Thermal Imager in a heli or a plane.

WIthout dying ofc, because going high in a heli / plane is suicide.
Youre basically revealing your position to every fixed wing and heli, not to mention the spaa youre tying to find

1 Like

wait till bro finds out about irl

1 Like

Just look in the enemy spawn lol.

2 Likes

Yeah man, me in my 7 kills getting revenge bombed by an F4U who has 1 assist and a cap, dropping 2 1000lbs bombs as he crashes into me truly did out perform me. Get out of here man.

Yeah man…

1. Dive to the ground.
  2. Do a 180 and climb to space away from the battle field.
  3. Once you’ve reached 10km altitude, turn around and fly straight over the battlefield, if an spaa manages to lock you, just do slight turns left and right to dodge any incoming missile.
  4. Scan the battlefield with a thermal pod.
  5. Lock and press spacebar.
    wow, mucho skill…

You don’t. Do the 5 steps above and all SPAA except the Pantsir and Tor will not even know you exist, and not even those two can hit you if you lightly wiggle left and right.

Yes, if people actually run CAP, but almost nobody does this. Most people will just have their attacker with 2 IR missiles, and they aren’t exactly hard to dodge.

lol, lmao even. None of them will be able to touch you if you fly at an altitude above 3 km.

Flying 10m above the trees isn’t hard, actual skill issue if you have to fight the terrain whilst playing CAS.

Yeah a lot of SPAAs don’t know that they can leave spawn, but aircraft can just fly to come from another direction and SPAAs knowing where their airspawn is just became completely useless, and for “muh radar”, repeat the 5 steps I listed above.

Yeah man let me just smoke a missile which I don’t even know is coming unless I am actively looking at the aircraft in the first place, what a solution!

Because people don’t like sitting around doing nothing for 5-10 minutes until the first planes start appearing, so almost nobody first-spawns SPAAs. Why would you spawn one if there is nothing to do? All that would do is wasting a spot on their team.

9 Likes

That’s why I always move from spawn in an SPAA, literary doubles your effectivity

Not every top tier spaa gets radar. And if an spaa tries to hide, it is activly making his own job hard, becouse obsticles obstruct their vision too, and limits their ability to spot planes and guide their missles

1 Like

@MrKrabsPattys
Not sure why people think Mavs don’t have a 20km range when they do.

@SPANISH_AVENGER
If I want to avoid CAS entirely I play 10.0 and below cause SPAA players and SPAA are both plentiful and equal against air targets.

1 Like

This, you described it so well.

2 Likes

According to Gaijin, top tier in GRB is 11.7 so every top tier spaa gets a radar.

And if an spaa tries to hide, it is activly making his own job hard, becouse obsticles obstruct their vision too, and limits their ability to spot planes and guide their missles

I guess its a double edged sword. Either you trade kills for stealth or trade stealth for kills.
But its not hard finding a safe spot away from your Spawn to kill planes.
Unless youre a Flak bus or pantsir, those things are pretty big.

For things like Type 93, 81 and Strela-10M introduction of photocontrast was totally helpful, yet in poor weather conditions or CAS simply not being braindead and using background and map to their advantage completely negates it, making your lock distance go very low.
(IIRC before introduction of photocontrast Strela-10M had to be as close as 1 km to the helicopter to lock onto it.).

ok Alvis

If only the SP cost would be massively decreased for that to be viable.

5 Likes

Not that easy to do on a plethora of maps.

Both shots are 7 km’s max