SPAA-Helicopter inbalance

yeah, and none of this is indicated to the player in game in any sort of way.

Helicopters should be lockable from a greater distance than they currently are in-game by IR seekers realistically.

I don’t suppose you’re going to argue for this?

Both of those helicopters you shot at (and only killed one of) were hovering in place and fairly far above the ground. They both absolutely deserved to die. Which is funny since you couldn’t even hit the first one at 3.5km with the almighty radar lock. The second one was about 2km away and also immobile and you could also visually see them from the gunner view so your radar which is elevated could obviously see him.

I also enjoyed your rant in the chat, it’s a shame you can only manage a 0.5K/D (actually it’s 0.34K/D, my mistake) against air targets in the gepard for it being one of those “ultra skill radar spaa that negates any and all countermesure systems”.

lol lmao

It is clear that this has no effect. A disease of today. The know-it-all attitude. I don’t even imagine that I understand anything about how a T90 or T80 drives, although I now know all of its weaknesses compared to my Leo, as I drive against it every day. But there are people who have never spent a minute in another type of vehicle, but know exactly how to handle it and what options it has. You’re right, you can’t argue with that. There is no need to discuss excessive self-overestimation and a lack of ability to reflect.

I disagree with the lock-on at least on the ozelot.
Just had a round where a helicopter was far up in the air very close for the missile to lock-on but they did not work. It was impossible for me to shoot down a wide open target with the missiles.

Weather conditions also impact IR seeker lock ranges.
With the ozelot you’re looking at 2.3km max (helicopters) in most situations for perfect weather.
Reducing as weather worsens.

ground clutter includes forests. Have you ever seen an spaa sit amongst trees ? cause I have never as they always sit in clearings.
chaff should also work again against early radars.

You can shit dance on comments all you want but you have never brought up any arguments why forests and chaff(countermeasures) not affecting radar is realistic or balanced.

What I am getting from you is I should be sitting at 4km sending atgm’s and going left, right…etc…Thats f boring for one, and when most of the helicopter’s ordinance is unusable due to spaa, we have a balance problem.

I’ve noticed you decided not to answer my question about buffing IR seeker effectiveness against helicopters since you are using realism as an argument.

So I suppose you want the “handheld radar SPAA” that you can’t get above a 0.5K/D in nerfed under the grounds of realism, but you don’t want IR seekers buffed because that would be too realistic.

What I am getting from you is I should be sitting at 4km sending atgm’s and going left, right…etc…

Well yes, that is how smart helicopter players play. They are very annoying to deal with.

Thats f boring for one

So let me get this straight, you want to play in a way where you negate all your strengths and then you complain when you die when you put yourself into a position where you can die all by your own choice when you don’t need to?

Yes we clearly have a balance problem, and the problem is that SPAA is near useless when fighting a heli playing to its strengths.

You remind me of the guy in the A-10 thread who was flying within 0.7km range of a begleitpanzer in his A-10 that still had FIVE mavericks on it, dying to it trying to strafe things with his gun and then crying in the chat and the thread about how broken the begleit is and how it should be moved to 10.7 or whatever.

You both share the exact same traits, you even know HOW you should be playing and that it invalidates SPAA and you actively choose not to and then complain.

Honestly, skill issue.

with the current countermeasures not being realistic , my answer is no.

So than answer my question:
Is forests not causing ground clutter and chaff not affecting vulnerable radars realistic or balanced ?

now SPAA can use a horrible mechanism when they find the jet notice them, just quickly J out and respawn again, then use the invincibility time to defeat any of CAS who wants to dive to him, 10s invincibility time is so useful

Roger so you want radar SPAA, that are already underperforming against helicopters at their own BR nerfed under the grounds of realism but you also want helicopters to remain artificially buffed against IR seekers because realism isn’t important.

You are truly a spectacle.

Is forests not causing ground clutter and chaff not affecting vulnerable radars realistic or balanced ?

It’s absolutely balanced. The radars are horribly inaccurate if you’re flying within a hundred meters of the ground or so and even then as long as you’re moving about they’re going to miss you. If these omnipotent radars were half as good as you are making them out to be you would have more than a 0.34K/D versus air targets in your gepard and more than 0.5K/D in your shilka.

Clearly the insane handholding must just not be working for you.

I want to get closer to the battlefield flying low, using terrain and objects to my advantage, doing maneuvers, flaring, sending off missiles and using cannons

i don’t use atgm’s. i use dumb missiles and cannons.

So you’re deliberately flying into point-blank SAM range and complaining that you’re being shot down…

Welcome to how weapons have worked since the first caveman picked up a sharp rock: The closer you get to stuff the more dangerous it is. If you want to use dumb bombs/rockets then you have to accept the inherent risk that comes with it. Why do you think stand-off munitions were invented in the first place.

1 Like

I think anyone with common sense is telling him this but I fear you are engaging in a lost cause here.

Height, Speed and Reach. Three core principles of modern day air power.

Thus you acknowledge that radar spaa is unrealistic

I’d love to use helis like the Wessex, but I just don’t see the point currently. Its a shame

Thus you acknowledge that radar spaa is unrealistic

Never said that anywhere. I said that you’re arguing for radar SPAA to be nerfed under the guise of “realism”, yet also don’t want helicopters to be more vulnerable to IR seekers which would be to adhere to realism therefore undermining your own argument.

You can’t have your cake and eat it at the same time.

Yea, I was really excited to get to helicopters, but it isn’t something that is really fun at the BRs I currently play.

I do enjoy my US 11.3 premium lineup with the AH-64A (GR), but I use it for anti aircraft duty and not to ground attack.

and this is a lie right here.

because what I said is:

By all means make countermeasures perform realistically and buff IR to be realistic too. but not without the first.

Because ground clutter was never implemented realistically and chaff was nerfed to not affect radar spaa.

10+ they make sense balance wise. Sub 10.0 ones. I don’t think they are even playable in Heli EC. It’s really weird they put some much effort into them

By all means make countermeasures perform realistically and buff IR to be realistic too. but not without the first.

There is no “first”.
Either it all gets changed at once or it doesn’t.
Also you keep going on about countermeasure nonsense, you do realise the stinger has IRCCM? It should be ignoring your flares as it is currently doing so

Do you really expect to be immune to stingers because you roll your face on your flare key?

I’d like to get the Little Bird or Kiowa Warrior to use at 10.3, but the RP requirements are pretty steep for a vehcle type that isn’t fun or engaging to play the early versions.

1 Like