Soviet Armor is mathematically impossible

Lmao. What do you mean “what’s your point?”.

The point is you posted a sim showing APDS penetrating the tiger 2 UFP and then posted a screenshot showing a totally different shell not penetrating it as if to show how the game is not reflective of the sim.

You can’t do that.

4 Likes

Great to see the usual forum dwellers being hearded to the same location lol

2 Likes

So from where did they took such values for them? Did they shot one at a real german plate and predicted 400mm penetration capability?

That is against multiple plates, not angled armor.

The IS-2 can’t penetrate the T-26E1-1’s frontal armor IRL yet it does ingame. What is your point?

1 Like

Yes I know if you want to see a T-44 UFP penetrated scroll up to the Pershing simulation against it I posted.

Yes

1 Like

What does that have to do with the tortoise we’re talking about?

trolly guy

Yeah… I’m gonna have to walk away from this before more of my braincells commit suicide from the amount of stupidity in here…

2 Likes

What does the Tortoise have to do with Soviet Armor which is the main point of this thread?

Maybe you should answer that since you were the one who brought it up.

It does not, my point was to show the over value of Soviet shells compared to normal ammunition. The same thing is shown with the Tortoise’s APDS failing to penetrate the Tiger 2 UFP despite being capable in simulation.

1 Like

I dont need to explain crap, you are clearly wrong lol

1 Like

Yeah yeah yeah, everyone with a different opinion than yours is clearly stupid, while you didn’t add about anything.

You should ask yourself, as you were the one who posted the tortoise simulation and a in-game comparison pic with the wrong shell.

1 Like

Hello

Armour values in War Thunder are taken from the real thicknesses and measurements of the tanks (where this is possible to have such values).

Your calculations do not take into consideration the impact of armour angles, as other users have explained to you in this topic, as well multiple other factors.

If you believe you have found a genuine issue and have credible material to support this, please submit a report in the appropriate place: Community Bug Reporting System

Please do not start a topic and then insult people who happen to disagree with you.

16 Likes

Everyone with different opinion than yours is soviet main

4 Likes

First, that flat out false. There is a clear distinction between T33 and M77 in WarThunder, T33 being faster (853 vs 822 m/s) heavier (10.91 vs 10.61 kg) and with a ballistic cap (lower drag with slower loss of speed)

Second, the point is that you can’t talk about how the Tortoise’s APDS doesn’t perform in game like it does in the simulation… because there is no Tortoise APDS in the game.

5 Likes