Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

2 more updates of disappointment)))

2 Likes

Oh wow, I thought there only one more left, well, those are great news for me
Thanks for explain @Smin1080p

Maybe for you

1 Like

Well i hope that the few exceptions realy are intresting then, because ignoring the addition of Hungary, the update was catered to US and Soviet once again with the addition of 12.3 br vehicles, there was absolutly no reason to give those nations once again top tier Aircraft while some nations like sweden and britain even are lacking a 12.0 aircraft and might even fall further from grace this update.

Besides that i have my piece of mind of germany once again propably receiving a Mig 29 variant a whole patch later to only give it R73 access, but that is another thing again.

Air should stop catering primarily to US and Soviet, even if they have the most aircraft while others are lacking behind.

5 Likes

Speaking of a new nation that was teased in the road map.

I guess that now no longer possible ? with the addition of Hungary

June 13, 2023

Bonuses for researching new in-game nations

Currently, War Thunder features 10 playable nations,
and we have no intentions of stopping there! However,
as we introduce new nations,
it becomes increasingly challenging to capture the attention of veteran players.
They have already traversed the ranks multiple times, and therefore,
each new journey through a different tree becomes less captivating.

They’ll just make the GR.7 12.3 so we can’t complain

Britain did not operate the Swiss Hunter F.58, Switzerland did.

Oh I was speaking about the Hunter Hawker generally unless I’m mistaken and secretly is a French innovation? I’m still curious which nation provided the Hunter Hawker to Switzerland, I believe Germany did and that was their “magical connection” eh?

Britain itself has no shortage of CAS

Oh may I remind you that the United Kingdom and Sweden both lack a competent Aircraft (besides Ground Attack)?

• USA has both the F-14B and F-16A (AND on top of that the F-16C next patch but that isn’t enough clearly)

• The Soviets have the YaK-41 and MiG-29 with the side addition of the MiG-23MLD, MiG-27K, SU-17M4 and the SU-39

• The Japanese may not be the best in Ground BUT in Air they got both the F-4EJ Kai and F-16 which are both VERY competitive (especially the F-16)

• The Chinese got both a American built F-16MLU and the (not) legendary J-8F which is pretty good

• The Italians (which finally get something good for Ground) are basically superior to the British in almost ALL ways, they got the AV-8B+ (Harrier GR.7 but better if AMRAAMs get introduced to it), F-16ADF and both Tornado IDS and Tornado ADV

• The French both get the Mirage 2000 5F and Mirage 2000 S5

• And finally but not least Israel has the F-16 Netz and Kurnass 2000 AND ON TOP OF THAT the F-16D next patch

The issue is that all these nations listed above besides Britain and Sweden obviously have 12.0 aircraft. The issue with this though is that both Sweden and the UK lack any form of 12.0 aircraft but coincidence ay?

Many people requested a tree variant of the iconic Sea Harrier FRS.1

It would at least be bare minimum to make a separate camouflages for both the Sea Harrier FRS.1 Early and Sea Harrier FRS.1 Late which now makes the Late variant (camo wise) Ahistorical.

1 Like

Hey!

The usual updates are:

• around March
  • before summer holidays
  • early September
  • around halloween
  • before winter holidays

You can get a good trend looking on Google for Gszabi ‘s warthunder spreadsheet. It’s a google form sheet. He was our former dataminer and his work is still a great information source.

2 Likes

Well said! Absolutely no reason for new players to chose these trees when they can pick the main 2

And no reason for existing players to research a new tree when they can have a better time elsewhere

1 Like

We have never said these gaps do not exist and its well within our plans to rectify them just as we did with the German CAS gap that was corrected. The two things are not mutually exclusive and have no connection to each other, so taking my post and cutting out the context of what was actually said (“in that area”) and applying it somewhere else entirely is again not a logical connection to be made.

2 Likes

You mentioned specifically the Swiss F.58 and who operated it. Hence the answer.

As previously mentioned, other Hunter variants have not been ruled out for the UK in the future.

2 Likes

How long have you got to leave it though?? I genuinely cannot convince my friends to play Britain because one of the Devs said they’d bring balance in the ‘future’ when they have extremely competitive planes in US/USSR Tech trees NOW and consistently receive more

1 Like

New vehicle models and types take considerable amounts of time, research, development and planning. Naturally we are always working on new content for all nations in game and addressing many of the gaps or shortfalls of their lineups whenever its possible to do so.

Again, there are still more Major updates to come this year with many surprises for everyone.

5 Likes

For me how happy will I be on a scale of 1- 10 ? : D

Btw what is you’re fav pizza ?

So the imbalance is a result of ‘Considerable amounts of planning’

Unfortunately not every nation has a direct 1:1 equal to every vehicle another nation may have. Some nations will have gaps for periods where technology moves for others. Where its possible to do so, we always aim to find methods to resolve these gaps (Such as the F-16AJ for Japan).

5 Likes

still find it sad, we could have just as well done without any air top tier additons for once until aircraft for sweden , britain are ready, i mean ground doesnt get new top tier additions either every time

The two things are not mutually exclusive and have no connection to each other

That may be true but these nations and nations I mean just Sweden and Britain have been suffering in Aviation for God knows how long. I’m not putting you up for blame but I’d at least expect something for both Britain and Sweden this update (this update was a MAJOR let-down for thousands of people) to solve this issue.

Next major update HAS to include something legendary for both Sweden and Britain and specifically the Sea Harrier FA.2 and Gripen or trust would probably collapse. We as a community have been listening to the “future” lies over and over again and when will this finally be addressed and resolved?

New vehicle models and types take considerable amounts of time, research, development and planning

So you plan to continue this copy and paste scheme? We’ve got 2 more F-16s which we never needed and the MiG-29SMT would take a baby 2 seconds to model. At this point it feels more of a “lazy” thing but I still have hope for Gaijin and the developers.

so taking my post and cutting out the context of what was actually said (“in that area”) and applying it somewhere else entirely is again not a logical connection to be made.

I apologise if I came across like that and I can guarantee you that it wasn’t done by purpose. I’m just frustrated as a British main since we’ve been a struggling nation for YEARS.

My experience with the Soviet top tiers and British top tiers is shocking, when I play the T-72B3 and T-90A it’s a literal walk in the park and compared to the Challenger 2s it’s literal hell.

1 Like

I think we need to give Smin a rest now he is a human

4 Likes

Smin, you are saying that any development branch will get any vehicle in due time, including its problems, which it can close later. But, I would like to ask, if one development tree gets the best version of the technique, and another branch (Right holder) gets the worst, then where is the independent justice?

For example, for 3 years now, players who play in Germany receive serial versions of the main tank or other equipment, without any additions (Armor, weapons, and so on), and the same, Sweden, receives an improved version of the German tank with the add-on

3 Likes