Server Update 23.02.2024

• In Air Simulator Battles, mission points will no longer be awarded for attacking an enemy aircraft on an airfield that had not earned any mission points since their respawn. This is to prevent players who match-fix from easily earning mission points in this mode. More details about this here.
  • A bug where the price drop threshold bar on Sword of Justice event tasks could be displayed on other tasks in the game has been fixed.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

8 Likes

Will attacking players on runways still count towards “useful actions”?

nice

2 Likes

Only if they have score. So if they’ve done something.

mission points will no longer be awarded for attacking an enemy aircraft on an airfield that had not earned any mission points since their respawn

So if the player has taken off, done stuff, landed, and you kill them. You should still get mission points. At least that’s how I read it.

Yeah but mission points are not useful actions, useful actions are what actually give you sl and rp, so i was asking them if it still counted to useful actions

Considering they just banned a bunch of accounts for using this to essentially boost, I would be surprised if the answer to that is anything other than no.

We’ll just have to wait and see what they say, but I would assume that “Reward for Activity” is based upon generating mission points over a period of time.

people abusing air sim already done the 750k score anyways plus it doesn’t fix the FFAR spam on airfields but ok.

The formula for useful actions isnt publicly available to my knowledge. But from my own experience it is not close to being directly correlated. The change is disapointing to me though because i really enjoyed launching pgm2000’s at airfield spawn points like a cruise missile, gets a decent amount of kills and .5 tons of bombing damage

1 Like

so can we get back the old reward system instead of useful junk action or we can’t let something good happen to war thunder players

Thank you for attending to the SIM abusers, may actual gameplay in SIM take place 😄

@Smin1080p

I wish Gaijin would act this fast on progression issues we have…

2 Likes

Not a fan. Bombing players off of the runway was one of the most entertaining things to do in the Buccaneer and pretty much the only way to get player kills. There’s plenty of warning for legitimate players that someone’s around the airfield, and illegitimate players simply need to get banned. There’s no need to penalise legitimate players for this.

Granted, it’s annoying when it happens to you, but that’s the price we pay. If this change is going to stick, please consider not charging the respawn fee if you die in this way that gives no mission points to the killer.

1 Like

Yep. Got a task for 120 crits. After 2 hours of nonstop being 1st place on my team, I noticed I only had 7 crits to my name. :D