(Serious Question) Does anyone know why SPAA gaps aren't addressed?

I see.

1 Like

The problem is Israel just made a giant leap in SAM systems, from the Machbets and Chaparral, to Barak 8 missiles and then to the Iron dome. Patriot is not a viable system to implement in WT, same as the iron dome, and the SPYDER is not even used by the IDF. Even tho i would love the SPYDER to be in the game i also agree its too powerful.

We could get the MIM-23 Hawk carriers, but its still not a viable long range high manouverablity missile.

XD comparing M163 to a Gepard? wtf is wrong with you?

1 Like

Straight from Gaijin: “All-in-all, the ZSU-23-4M2 should be a good alternative to the already familiar rank VI Shilkas in the game just at a lower rank.”

Don’t ask me, I’m just responding to Alvis.

1 Like

Rank =/= BR; thanks for proving your previous posts wrong.
Rank 5 BRs BTW:

You’re the only one with any posts comparing them.
I ignored that cause I was giving you the courtesy of you likely made a mistake including it.

For anyone suggesting the US doesn’t have options for its SPAA gaps…

5.3-5.7: M114A2. 20mm Hispano-Suiza autocannon, similar to SUB-I-II and AMX-10P.

6.0-6.4: M113A1 (Unknown variant). 3x 20mm Hispano-Suiza autocannons.

6.7-7.0: XM163 Close Support. Version of the M163 without radar, uncommonly deployed in Vietnam.

8.3: General Dynamics XM246. 2x 35mm cannons, same as Gepard/Type87SPAAG/Itspv but on an M48 chassis.

9.3-9.7: AN/TWQ-1 Avenger. 4-8x Stingers and an FN M3P .50cal on a Humvee chassis.

11.7 or above: HMMWV SLAMRAAM. 4x AIM-120 with possibility of mounting 2x AIM-9X as well on HMMWV chassis.

7 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Great list

3 Likes

@iMatty01
I see you came to defend Soviets again.
Rank V goes to BR 8.0 minimum.
8.0 =/= 7.3.
ZSU-37-2 is rank V.

All the Russian main arguments being shot down by me.

Are you trying to say it won’t be rank V, or am I misunderstanding you?

It will be a Rank V SPAA, most likely at 7.0-7.7.

The likely BR for it is 7.7.
People claiming 7.0 cause that’s the lowest BR at rank 5 is a trash take when rank V goes into 8.0 as the minimum maximum.
They have to be Russian mains begging for an OP SPAA.

People are just guessing what BR it will be at, accusing others of being RU mains because of their prediction is confusing, and shouldn’t be done.

Clearly they have a reason to think that it would be 7.0-7.3, but you need to disprove that instead of claiming they are biased towards Russia.

bro tried to sneak Germany FlaRakRad as viable 💀 (yes it is, but compared to other nations spaas is a joke, FlaRakRad just have 2 missiles and the range is the same as all Nato spaas, ITS OK, Its not an OP Beast like Pantsir with x6 missiles + Cannons)

idk why you are putting Germany in the same bag as Russia like if Germany Spaa was OP or something, Russia is the only nation with the most OP Spaa with better range missiles and all that shi.

i do agree OSA will be kinda weird because i doubt the OSA its gonna be better than the FlaRakRad so it will just be there on the tree. Interesting addition if you ask me, doesnt bother anyone.

we need the better version of FlaRakRad

1 Like

One of the reasons can be because the nations did not have any SPAA to be added. That is becaus eof teh reason of doctrine and the incoperation of the nations airforce as part of anti network.

In case of america they are so delussional thinking that they will always have airsupiority and they dont need to SPAA to begin with. So the US army did not invest in any SPAA and did not buy any. Delvop and reasarch , yes, buy and use no. So for US players at least one or wtwo players always have to spawn in a jet and be always on CAP. All other nations are stuck with guys sitting in spawn area watching a green screeen and wait for dots to show up.

1 Like

Every word has meaning and where its placed matters.
I’m saying that arguing for or begging it’ll be lower than it should is an argument I see in the Russian main realm of arguments. No accusations.

And in the post you replied to, I’m addressing the begging argument, not people.
I cannot know if they are begging or arguing for, so I’m not accusing people of that.
They know if they are tho as they hold the intent behind those words.
If they aren’t begging for it? Fantastic, doesn’t apply to them.

Were these same people arguing for other SPAA to be introduced at lower BRs? I don’t know. If they’re consistent then they did.

I mean there is a lot of USA spa that could be added:

They may not have an option for every single BR, but they all have something to at least mitigate the gap. Case in point:

USA:

UK is no different for it’s void, or even top tier for something better than ADATS

Also you are right, many nations relied upon CAP, CAP in game is superior to any SPAA. Problem is, it also costs about 8x more SP. If it didn’t then I’d say CAP is a reasonable answer

3 Likes

Yeah just the Avenger, Bradley Stinger Fighting Vehicle, Bradley Linebacker, M-SHORAD.

Plenty of options and no reason to leave nations intentionally defenseless.

UK is even worse off with the Stomer because it’s been broken forever and there seems to be absolutely no work on fixing it. Litterally every country except Sweden has a 9.something all aspect AD asset and the UK has the permanently broken HVM at 10.3 as the first missile. But we’re getting yet another Russian SPAA that fills absolutely no need 🙄

2 Likes

Actually they halfed fixed it. It’s still a bit of an issue when you have high ping (so basically unusable if you live in somewhere like Australia) but for the most part works fine.

But it does have a long list of other issues they won’t fix but it’s generally considered better than the ADATS and at least in the group of people I know, used at top tier instead of the ADATS.

That being said, would kill for something to augment it at 10.3, or a decent IR SAM at 9.3 ISH (as it cannot deal with recon drones). Not too mention something between 5.3 and 8.3

It’s certainly better than it was. But I don’t think anyone can honestly state it works even halfway decent.

Lock on is janky and easily defeated, missiles way underperform, trigger LWS, too slow. Essentially it’s entirely wrong.

The lack of an all aspect IR or even just using the same lock system for a rapier with a proximity frag warhead is undeniably criminal.

1 Like