Schützenpanzer Puma IFV: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Part 2!

1.5 bugs, AHEAD ammo self programs now and ircm spins but not on its own

1 Like

I watched Zenturion’s vid on AHEAD ammo, it looks like it still needs some work.

its missing a lot of fragmentation but im guessing they still need to make a way of optimizing it since in order for frag to work better they make it travel a bit more distance and have it detonate a bit closer

1 Like

MFW a Roblox game has a better PUMA than War Thunder, both in terms of armament and armour. Plus, it has functional 360° MUSS, it was added to the beta branch 3 days ago. The side armor is approximately 220mm, and the front armor is currently around 110mm in the UFP and 220mm in the LFP. It’s still a work in progress, and changes are being made. The Spike is also actually effective with an impact angle of around 70°. The developers were given the same sources that Gaijin has from the large amount of reports.

Spoiler

Vs 30mm APFSDS (121mm pen)

Vs 9M133 (BMP-2M with 1200mm pen)

Vs 30mm APFSDS (121mm pen) Note: still WIP, devs are working on it.

10 Likes

me when better devs

2 Likes

Me when fixed Spaghetti code

1 Like

Oh hey there, @Smin1080p_WT, would ya like to give us an update that isn’t just “the report’s open” and “it’s under review” on the status of Puma fixes? Roblox, in just ~3 days, has managed to fix thrice as many “bugs” as WT devs have. In fact, it seems like they understand the core issues better than our own devs; seeing as MUSS actually works over there, meanwhile, how many years has it been for WT by now… 2.5 or so?

Fun fact: they’ve also managed to make SPIKEs work there, can’t say the same about WT…

But no seriously, they have a total of 3 devs and they’ve made more progress in a few days than Gaijin has with dozens if not hundreds in over 2 years. They also make use of more “non-primary” sources for armour as long as they deem them at least possibly realistic (wow, more lax criteria that’s been needed by WT for close to ~5 YEARS NOW? IMAGINE), rather than the “we don’t believe so” stance of Gaijin, where no amount of secondary, and sometimes even primary sources, can change their minds.

How should I call this, honestly… oh, I know; The Infallible Gaijin versus The Curious and Down To Earth Discord (Roblox) Devs.

11 Likes

me when the game isnt 10 yo and is made on an engine that does some things an engine from scratch doesnt

Which? Last I checked Roblox is from 2006, even if we include the fact WT’s engine is based on IL-2’s, Roblox’s still older & manages to make things work properly.

Maybe it was simply written better from the get go :shrug:

roblox its based on a much worse spagethi code than wt, i have done stuff there before and it requires quite a lot of work to not mess stuff up and lag stuff while keeping it functioning

okay my fault there, however

roblox is an engine, not a game that runs on an engine

its constantly improving, so is dagor, except roblox still has the advantage of already having some stuff, which means its easier, also the games, or rather “experiences” themselves arent 10 yo, no spaghetti code to break

Yea? Games are built on top of engines. Right now a game built by 3 discord devs manages to simulate the behaviour of things like SPIKE or MUSS significantly better than WT does. Heck, when they don’t have the means to simulate things, they just substitute until they can - something that WT has failed to do so; for example, AHEAD which works like a normal HE-VT round there. How long did we have to wait for Gaijin to make it quarter functional again? 2.5 years? They could’ve made if an HE-VT round for the time being, but na, they’re just keeping it borderline useless.

its constantly improving, so is dagor, except roblox still has the advantage of already having some stuff, which means its easier, also the games, or rather “experiences” themselves arent 10 yo, no spaghetti code to break

So like I said it may have been written better from the get to. At this point I’ve no idea why we haven’t had a 3.0 or even 4.0 update for Dagor. IIRC 2.0 was released with New Power back in October of 2021, after all.

1 Like

Is this Multi Crew Combat? I might give this game a try, I’ve never played Roblox in my life, but WT is so rotten that games like Roblox can put it to shame.

3 Likes

Yes it is, if you want to try the puma its a game called “Sunny Valley”. Which is the open test server, its good fun with friends.

1 Like

crazy opinion

Sounds like we might be getting the Puma S1 next update, so who wants to bet gaijoob isnt gonna do the Puma rework im half expecting/hoping/begging for them to do? (Its pure copium, theyll probs nerf its armor more just to kick me while im down)

3 Likes

If Roblox developers find a better way to make Spike and actually give the PUMA armour, surely Gaijin will too, right?

6 Likes

I just want them to implement AHEAD properly, it couldn’t even kill a WW2 prop plane when I tried it, and helicopters still need direct hits to go down. It’s incredibly sad.

1 Like

AHEAD rounds are still missing 100+ tungsten projectiles… Report already went through, just another year before the devs bother changing it.

2 Likes

Let’s hope for the best, there might be actual engine limitations that prevent AHEAD from working as it should. I wish Gaijin was more transparent about these things.