SB EC: Change up-front SL spawn cost to after-death repair cost

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

As you know in SB EC, when you spawn, you pay the repair cost of the aircraft, up-front, as “spawn cost”, and this is non-refundable at the end of the match, even if you survive and don’t die with that aircraft-spawn until the end of the match.

Spoiler

This is a major problem for SB EC player base. And one that the community has always wanted to be changed.

In 2021 as part of an SB QAs Devs have said that:

Spoiler

Cancel the fly out deposit and charge only for repairs.

In terms of economy balance, there will be no difference. If we remove the fee for the fly out, the cost for repairs will grow accordingly by 2+ times (in proportion to the ratio of fly outs to deaths) to match the described balance of economy in economy ranks for all game modes.
For example in the old economy model, the correct price for respawn in Phantoms was 500-700k SL; if we replace the fee to repair one in the new system, then for the top vehicles, the cost will be about 100-200k. In our opinion a system with less but more frequent spending is more correct than a system with infrequent spending at a substantially larger amount of SL. Judging by your feedback - you are on the same page, as no one likes to pay the high cost of repair of the best vehicles in RB or naval battles. But these are the disadvantages of other game modes and vehicle types which at the moment don’t have a good solution.

Answering your questions about aircraft SB - Updates Information - War Thunder - Official Forum

While this answer is true, that in terms of the amount of spawn/repair costs, it will make no significant difference, that is not the reason as to why the SB community wanted this to be changed.

What is the main issue with the current up-front SL spawn cost system of SB EC? Why is the SB EC community asking for this to be changed?

1- The main issue is that in the current system, if your match only has e.g. 10-20 minutes left (either in terms of time or in terms of the victory tickets left), regardless of if you just joined that match, or you have been playing since the beginning and just happened to die, it is not going to be worth it for you to spawn/respawn. Because even if you absolutely swat everyone and achieve 100% activity without dying yourself, you are still going to lose SL or at best barely break even with the spawn cost you paid.

I.e. In SB EC, you get punished for staying and playing until the end of the match (Even if you have stellar performance in that last sortie, and without dying).

This is a major problem and discourages players from spawning/respawning when they join or die in a match that only has 10-20 minutes to finish. They will simply choose to leave the match instead of (re)spawning, because if they (re)spawn, they are guaranteed to lose SL, regardless of their performance.

2- An EC match only requires 2 players on each team to start.
Sometimes right after a match is initiated and you spawn with your aircraft, the players on the enemy team decide to leave the match, which results in the match ending without you even getting to takeoff from the runway, and you will lose the SL that you have paid to spawn that aircraft (which as mentioned, is non-refundable even when you survive until the end of the match).

So I suggest to change SB EC’s “up-front SL spawn cost system”, to the “after-death repair cost system” (i.e. what we have in all other game modes, including Ground SB), to bring it in line with all other game modes. And encourage, rather than discourage, players to (re)spawn, even if there is only 10-20 minutes left until the end of the match. In this system, instead of paying an up-front spawn cost, you simply pay the repair cost, after and if you die.

3- The current system doesn’t let the SB EC players benefit from the new system of “repair costs depending on and scaling with life time” that was implemented for other game modes.

4- The current system (up-front spawn cost) doesn’t allow the players to use backups and free repairs (that come with each vehicle, 10 for TT vehicles and 30 for premium ones), like they can in other game modes. Changing this to after-death repair cost, would allow the players to use backups and free repairs that they have on their aircrafts.

5- In the current system because you pay full cost, up-front, you don’t get any compensation when you get teamkilled. Whereas in all other game modes, your don’t pay any repair cost if you get killed by a friendly. So changing SB EC’s system to the after-death repair cost system that we have in all other game modes, will bring the side benefit of not paying the repair cost, when you get killed by a friendly.

5 Likes

Another one I was thinking about writing, great minds must think alike 😂

+1 for this one as well. I’ve always thought starting a SIM match in debt was rather stupid

In other gamemodes, you don’t pay any repair cost unless you die (or take damage) In sim you pay the full repair cost before you’ve even switched the engine on.

6 Likes

EXCUSE ME YOU HAD TO PAY HOW MUCH??!?!?

Spawn cost was never 500-700k.
But Gaijin essentially said “You guys are too ungrateful, if we really made the repair/spawn costs based on the true statistics, it would’ve been 500-700k”

Though I remember trying to play the Buc S2 and with it’s 36k respawn cost I think it was. It might as well have been that much. Especially with how easy it was to wing rip in the Buc s2 back then.

It was almost impossible to not loose at least 100k+ per match no matter how carefully you played…especially as the rewards for playing it meant you had to survive for like 20 minutes to break even

I think so too.

Sim isn’t blessed with high player numbers, and I would expect the fact that you pay before you even start causes a lot of potential players shy away from it, especially beginners who may struggle initially with the Sim environment…

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if many were. I think I was a bit apprehensive for the first few months

1 Like

look be happy its not the B-29 TU-4 repair cost dear god was that messed up

He just paid the entire allied and enemy team Mechanics.

I want to see their “statistics” xD

Btw big +1. It should have been a long time ago.

+1 as well… it is not logical to have every other game mode be different, and it also doesn’t make sense from the perspective that theoretically you could end up not being able to play a plane because you have no SL. Imagine the outrage if AB and ground/naval RB and ground SB would have to pay upfront SL spawn cost…

Best regards,
Phil