Ruhrstahl X-4

The Ruhrstahl X-4 was a wire-controlled air-to-air rocket developed by the Germans. The Ruhrstahl X-4 could be attached to (multi-seat combat aircraft) Junkers Ju 88 bombers. The Ruhrstahl X-4 rocket had two wires (one under each wing) with which it was steered, for stabilisation it rotated around its own axis with one rotation per minute. The drive was a liquid rocket engine BMW 109-548 or optionally also a solid rocket engine Schmidding 109-603, whereby the rocket reached a speed of about 900km/h. The range was 3500-5500m. The rocket also had a 20kg warhead with an acoustic distance igniter from Kranich. Light sets were attached to two of the four wings, so that the shooter of the rocket knew where it was. On the other two wings, the wires were connected, which received the control pulses.
IMG_9069

14 Likes

I’m not sure why it hasn’t been added yet tbh.

4 Likes

It was also used on the FW190 and iirc there were plans to fit it on the ME262 as well

1 Like

Do you know which specific models of Fw 190 and Me 262 it was tested on?

1 Like

190A8 afaik, but it was never physically fitted to the 262, and im unsure which variant of the 262 it was planned to be put on

1 Like

Yes, Two Ruhrstrahl X-4s were fitted on an Me 262 for a test flight but they were not fired.

2 Likes

7 Likes

It’s really sad that we’ll never get this in game, even tho it was built and used more times than we could ever say about that one japanese AshM, same goes for the Hs293.

Why would we never get this in game?
As you sayed yourself it was build and mounted.

Just like the Me P.1101, Me 263, Ju 287 and Me 262 HGII. It’s clear to me that gaijin hates everything that has the words german and prototype in it. I’ve been trying to get this missile and aircrafts in game for 4 years and literally nothing has changed from the first person that suggested them back in 2015…

3 Likes

Good news, it seems like gaijin finally decided to make something great for WW2 German vehicles.

I hope this means we’ll get the HGI and potentially P.1101 too.

3 Likes

New Datamine showed it connected to the Fw 190 A-8.

1 Like

Indeed, i would love to know if they added both the Focke Wulf’s ETC71 racks and the Me 262’s ETC70

1 Like

Shouldn’t more aircraft also be equipped with the R4M?
The F-8 can carry the Panzerblitz (forgot which version) that used the R4M motor, was far as I know.

But I think the Me 262s are the only aircraft that carry them in the game 🤔

Panzerblitz II.

It was never fully deployed to my knowledge.

Gonna only really be good for Anti-Bomber jobs, unless it gets a Radio-Fuze, then it might be good for head ones.

That was, that was built post WWII, by NASA (this doesn’t mean I don’t want it, (because I do) it’s just unrealistic)

I’ve never heard of the HGI, what is that?

The P.1101 was built during WW2 in Oberammergau.

It was 80% complete when it was captured on April 29th 1945, then it was shipped to the US.
I believe you are mistaking it for its American copy, the Bell X-5.
So yeah it’s actually not unrealistic at all, I’m working on a suggestion for this aircraft right now, you might want to check it once it’s done
So if you do want it just like me, don’t lose hope! We just gotta bring it to gaijin’s attention, cause it’s 100% possible to get it in game.

The Messerschmitt Me 262 HGI is part of the Hochgeschwindigkeit improvement designs for the Me 262.
It had leading edges and a racing canopy ( the same one used on the P.1101!)
Believe it or not it actually flew and we have pictures of it!

The Me 262 HGI was built off of the Me 262 V9 Airframe. It was not the only Me 262 from the HG series that was built, the Me 262 HGII was also built but it was damaged during taxiing and they did not have the parts to repair it before the end of the war.

1 Like

There are a bunch of missing 262 variants that “people don’t care about” but I’d be all in to see them.

As for the p.1101, it’s a blurred line on if it should be added. Also, the P.1101 was the basis of the X-5, and also has the capability of sweeping the wings (while grounded obviously) while the X-5 was used to test mid flight V-G-W.

4 Likes

Well, ever since the Yak-141, we know that if an aircraft was built but was given no armament (only plans) it’s still possible to get it, so the P.1101 enters gaijin’s criteria since it was built and completed (mostly)

4 Likes