Romanian Land Forces Sub-tree - Viața este o bătălie

I made this as a suggestion for a sub-tree in another discussion [Yugoslav TT] after mentioning that Bosna uses a Romanian MLRS:

PS: I tried to use as many unique vehicles as possible, while avoiding copypasted ones. That is why Romania’s Panzer IV and Panther tanks are missing.

Note: It’s work in progress, as I am yet to add the statistics.

1 Like

Romania should be located in the Italian TT, especially now when we have Hungarian stuff, since many vehicles can be represented as both Hungarian and Romanian, just like Hungarian IL-28 and Bf-109G-2 having Romanian skins and Romanian He-112 having Hungarian skins, actually it’s already there according to CM.

Btw my custom TT:

I’m a bit confused, is Romania acquiring the K2 Black Panther, the M1A2 SEPv3, or both?

Not clear yet, there were no information about abandoning plans for Abrams in favour of K2, imo it’s better to wait and see what happens eventually, as it has been shown by 2A8IT failure, plans can change at any stage. So far we only have an improved (overhauled) TR-85 version.

2 Likes

I think they might lower the numbers of Abrams tanks they wanna have due to budget reasons. We still don’t know how the K2 situation will look like. All depends on how the contract between SK and Poland will turn out.

Answers that question:

“The K2 will be purchased in addition to the 54 M1A2 SEP v3 tanks that Romania plans to order to strengthen its armored forces.”

It’s very Romanian Because every tank is Stolen

I would wait for some better sources

A leak was hinting that (most likely) the Osa (aka Gecko) anti air will come, perhaps the Romanian one might get added for Italy? Or maybe I’m just too much filled with hope.

3 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping for.

2 Likes

Yes, I think it’s more than possible)

1 Like

NGL, I like that!

what about romanian planes? they have alot of planes to be added :)

So, Romanian OSA is definitely coming according to leaks, the variant listed is OSA-AK though, idk if there is any difference between AK and AKM for the game. Also iirc Romania had AKM, AK, and basic variant, at least I heard it from some Romanian enthusiast.
Btw another hint, that more Romanian vehicles are in works, not sure if he talks about next update or in general.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1eq854l/comment/lhvstqa/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb3x&utm_name=mweb3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

1 Like

Another Romanian “enthusiast” here.

From all the images I managed to gather thru the years, I could identify only 6 OSA, and all of them are the AKM variant (they all have the extra IFF antenna on top of the search radar)

1 Like

I thought exactly about you lol
Just forget the name(
Ah, maybe I’ve mistaken it with some random website, memory becomes worse with ages XD
Btw I think with your knowledge you can make a lot of good suggestions about Romanian vehicles.