Theoretical full Italian Ground Forces tech tree

Very fun creation.
I’m glad you didn’t bloat low-tier with vehicles armed exclusively with 12.7mm armament.

should definitley be added. as an italian main i think this could make it one of the strongest branches

I like the ground TT but I have a question about the air TT,

why would Italy get the MiG-29 Sniper? I feel like it would go to Germany as it was upgraded by DASA and flown by German test pilots?

ASCOD 2 MMBT-HITFACT 120mm
ASCOD LT-105 LRF
BMR-600 SIDAM 25

1 Like

It’s Romanian plane, modernization was made by Romanian Aerostar, Israeli Elbit and German DASA. Upgraded MiG-29 was assigned to Romanian Air Force and since I place Romania in the tree, this plane is also here (though I’m not sure if it should be in the regular TT or premium/squadron).

3 Likes

Ok, should probably be premium or squadron tho

Ah yes, I see the F-11F and the JAS-39 had a lovechild.

Why a MiG-21RFMM instead of the Lancer? It gets Python-IIIs and R-73s, as well as being a vast modernization in almost every aspect.

I use pictures from wiki and air tree was made before the introduction of the Gripen)

Lancer is presented at higher tier, exactly because of its loadouts, RFMM is for lower br.

2 Likes

Ah, sorry, I must have missed that.

I get it :)

Good work, maybe you should add your post in the suggestions, so the developers can notice it better

1 Like

The only thing I see that you have not added are the Italian seaplanes of which the strongest in my opinion is this one and deserves to be in the game

2 Likes

This one I think should be updated is missing seaplanes and some aircraft such as: ‘Dive-bombers’, ‘Bombers’ and ‘Strike aircraft’. I’ll leave you a link to one of my suggestions on what to add to Italy for “Dive-bombers”, “Bombers” and “Strike aircraft”. I hope it can help.

Even for aeroplane technology tree it seems to me that you have done a good job, it just needs to be updated

I tried to avoid unfinished/not flown/armed planes, though I won’t mind seeing some of them in the game, especially stuff like Z.511 and Re.2006.

1 Like

looks fantastic but the lack of good toptier antiair breaks it to me, like, isnt there any misile one or at least on with irst from hungary or spain or something?

Romanian SA-8B (OSA-AKM) is probably the only option.

1 Like

Leopard 2A8
https://www.hartpunkt.de/italienisches-parlament-billigt-leopard-2-beschaffung/

Italy has some good missiles anti air but they are all too advanced for the game

1 Like

Another WIP iteration of full ground and air TT:

• ground
Spoiler

• air
Spoiler

4 Likes

the Leonardo-Rheinmetall cooperation will probably bring something new
possibly an italian kf51 variant

Maybe, though we should wait until the new Italian MBT becomes something more than plans.