Responding to the Severe Damage feedback & release time

Or play sim instead

I hope this gets reversed at some point. About as bad of a decision as drones and dozers. It’s so inconsistent in determining what is severely damaged and not and lately, when someone finishes my severely damaged target, I get an assist message and no tally to my actual destroyed targets.

Just get rid of this mechanic.

5 Likes

It’s much worse than dozers and drones.

3 Likes

Hey gaijin. Do you really know that severe damage does not count as kill on service record while stealing kill does now? Do something!

1 Like

That’s been known since the beginning, also this system was never intended to fix kill stealing. As Gaijin doesn’t consider that an actual thing.

1 Like

Another feedback regarding severe damage:

@scorchedcobra04

There are several similar incidents like yours described in this thread.

Basically it boils down that some severe damages have little to zero performance impact. So the imho best way to avoid being kicked is to check always the scoreboard. If you had a fight with an enemy and you check the scoreboard after the fight and you see a +1 in the column of kills you got severely damaged.

In the best case you can make it back to your airfield in order to repair your plane before either tickets or the match timer runs out. Usually you get kicked a few seconds before you can repair…

We have to wait for enough players to report the horizontal stabilizers bug:

For me black horizontal stabilizers counting as severe damage is an obvious bug that they missed in the mentioned fix. It doesn’t affect the flight performance, so it should definitely be just light damage.

idk how others feel about it but before the servere damage those damages where a critical hit, know i sometimes hit someone and make servere damage, but now i do not get those hits counted as critical hits in task

1 Like

Two main topics about this issue (for Arcade and Realistic game modes) can be found here:

The devs never mentioned this change, and it actually happened a few weeks before severe damage mechanics was implemented.

Many players assume it was a silent nerf to the score (and rewards), especially they changed that just before the Air event (that required 45k score every 2 days). If you didn’t know, a critical hit is worth 33% of the kill score, so 3 critical hits are like 1 kill (the same score). Much less critical hits in battles hugely reduced the score (which is needed for events, so this change made events harder to grind).

But the truth is, no one knows why most critical hits were removed. This change wasn’t explained or even listed anywhere, so we can only speculate. It was also only a server side change, so we didn’t see this change in client data mines.

Some players asked our community managers about this, but never received any response, so I don’t think our community managers know why it was changed. And there is no way for us to contact the devs directly and ask them about this.

1 Like

thanks

I just don’t get why you had to nerf the already poor rewards with this feature. Kill stealing doesn’t really matter if you still get good SL and RP, but with this I’d argue it’s been made worse in some aspects, not to mention its wonky nature.

1 Like

This guy would have easily made it back to base, he has basically all controls, engine is still running, nothing important has fallen off. Yeah liquid cooling is gone, but that will be a problem in 120s, so maybe his engine quits by the time he lands, but who cares?

He has black horizontal stabilizers, which causes all this confusion.

Because so many players have problems with understanding this, I made a bug report about this issue:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/1q59kQmT8b2f

I would need your support with this, because the more players report and support the issue, the higher chance it will be passed to the devs. Even if you write nothing, but just click “I have the same issue”, you can help this way.

I tried my best to explain this problem in my report, but I’m not a native English speaker, and it’s always up to the bug moderators to pass the issue to the devs. So if some bug moderator decide it’s “not a bug”, the devs won’t even see this bug report. That’s why your support can help.

5 Likes

Haven’t checked this topic for a while. severe damage still don’t count as kill in service record now?

2 Likes

Yes - i would be extremely surprised if they would add them in the future.

2 Likes

Is it possible to that the severe dmg mechanic made it alot harder to do air assist tasks? Its pretty rare now to achieve a significant hit for an assist, without kill or severe dmg kill.

I suggested exactly that when the change was announced.

I had a task to achieve 3 assists in Air AB lol. It had to give up.

Scoring assists is imho strongly connected to scoring critical hits.

The most reliable way to get a crit is to attack a prop bomber as you score vs prop fighters usually either instant kills or just hits. Other players found a workaround by attacking specific ground targets (with revised damage model) which allow critical hits, but this requires that somebody else kills them. Even ai planes (a rather easy source for assists in the past) tend to blow uo instantly.

Critical hits are broken as of 15th of February or nearby
Critical hits in Air RB / broken & hard to get

I skip any tasks which require assists or crits. The special task (kill 20 bases) takes way less time than scoring 8 assists in Air RB, at least at prop BRs with the “right” bomber.

1 Like