Research restrictions need to change

What relevance does that have exactly? Playing an older game 10 times over because it’s fun is not the same thing as still trying to complete a game from 10 years ago.

20k for ground is about the peak of what you can expect for a really solid game, for air you can do nothing and still get 10k RP.

Ground has the worst of both, where the demand for multiple vehicles is far higher to make a lineup, while the rp is also awful. Luckily my ground grind is done for now

Because people are still trying to…

Same with this game.

Yeah, air you only need 1 vehicle in ARB, but you need multiple tanks, you need SPAA, you need fighters, you need CAS, you need helicopters… it makes no sense the grind is so skewed.

I 100% agree. This just ruins player experience.

Well said, many people in the community will agree except for some gaijoble wallet warriors.
But what can we do to make gaijin bring changes to the economy I have 5 friends 3 of which I invited to this game they all left at rank III because of the grind and others in Rank IV and V because it was no longer possible for them to progress and I too wanted to spend money on the game but now as I see it it is not worth it instead I can make better investment by buying a whole new game or spending money on DCS what is the point of playing WarThunder when you can not play what you want.

1 Like

I would absolutely be in favor of this.

Or potentially removing the punishment from Event/Squadron vehicles

1 Like

Restrictions should be completely removed. and then any vehicle rank V or higher should have their RP cost literally cut in Half.

They could incorporate this with the nation bonus, but right now it is beyond absurd what vehicles cost to research.

I am at well over 5,000 in game hours, and i play 99% tanks… and i still do not have ALL the tanks unlocked… which again… beyond absurd. (granted it DO play ALL nations, so yeah, there is that, but still, i should be able to unlock all ground vehicles, at about 2,000 in game hours, which even that is pretty ridiculous when you think about it. but to Not have ALL tanks unlocked at over 5,000 hours… literally The definition of asinine… as well as Not acceptable.)

3 Likes

There are too many things in this game that just don’t make any sense. Why can’t they hire someone to iron out all these stupid kinks, including old reward system with the stupid convertible RP that I have almost 70 million of.

Also, the requirements for tasks need to be based by certain BR, not rank III. It’s very annoying to have a proper lineup, but you find out you did not finish the task because you did it with a rank II vehicle. The tasks are too often too specific and based on wins when you can have 8+ losses in a row. Too much ‘bookkeeping’ day after day. I spend too much SLs every day rerolling these stupid tasks and often end up with nothing worthwhile to do, so I just skip it.

2 Likes

If you have nothing to research, then you get bored, as you know your earned RP goes into gaijin’s black hole. I already have this problem with some naval nations and multiple crew slots that are maxed out. A lot of research gets lost then. What sucks, most of the medals would take me another 20-40 years to get. At the same time I got to the max Level 100 something like 9 years ago with no further progress. That’s what’s asinine.

They’ll just copy paste another vehicle and people forget about these issues it seems, just keep people distracted.

1 Like
1 Like

except after 100 hours in a typical RPG, you can expect to reach the lategame without paying a single penny. I literally have the hours tracked on my Switch for both Persona 5 Royal and Zelda which fall into the category you are talking about.

in warthunder I can’t even imagine how long it would take to get a full lineup for 10.0ish with spaded planes and helis too… assuming an average level of skill. it’s not analogous to games like the Zelda, Diablo, Pokémon or SMT franchise at all.

Additionally, outside of BR1-3 there is pretty much no beginner difficulty because even experienced lv100 players may want to play low br adding to the gruelling difficulty of the game to a new player. Even buying a premium tank to “level skip” and spend an equivalent amount to a new RPG game, you will get your arse handed to you every game so it’s not really a fix.

1 Like

So it is analogous.

The grind is just longer for Warthunder.

If you want low BR to be viable for high BR grind thats fine, i personally dont think it makes for good game design.

It’s too restrictive, being forced to play a specific lineup for hours and hours and hours and hours when that lineup can be objectively trash and placed at a bad BR with no protection against permanent uptiering is also not good game design.

1 Like

Good game design is a rank 3 premium which we spent money on not becoming useless as soon as you exceed its research rank 4. There already lower % modifiers in the statcard so I dont see why we need even further penalties. Sealclubbing already exists and I experienced the poopy end of the stick in regards to that, so it’s not a valid argument for whoever was saying that (I cant remember who)

1 Like

The premium is still perfectly playable after you are done researching everything that is viable to research. Its probably a good idea to get a premium for other reasons other than just to grind

i mean… i guess?

but we should be able to Easily get ALL vehicles (of a specific tree, tanks, airplanes) at about 2000 hours… or less. So the research points we both Get and Need are respectively WAY too low, and way too high.