[POLL] Should War Thunder Reduce Research Points (RP) Punishment When Grinding With Lower-Ranked Vehicles?

Currently, in War Thunder, players face a steep reduction in research points (RP) when using vehicles that are two ranks lower than the vehicle they are researching. This can make grinding frustrating, especially for players who prefer using their favorite lower-rank vehicles. Should this penalty be removed or reduced to make grinding more flexible and enjoyable?

Poll options:
  • Yes, remove the RP penalty completely.
  • Yes, but lower the RP penalty.
  • No, keep the current system.
  • Other (please comment).
0 voters

EDIT: And if lowered, how much?

RP penalty reduction in percentage (%)
  • 40%
  • 30%
  • 20%
  • 10%
0 voters

Keep the current limitations on TT and regular event vehicles, but reduce the penalties on premium vehicles and those with talismans

5 Likes

Keep the penalties for researching higher ranks, but for premium and TT remove penalties for researching lower ranks.

3 Likes

Seems like the best solution

All this will do is give people more reason to seal club.

1 Like

This is the reason I said no too. Though I think that the penalty of researching below you should be removed completely.

1 Like

Research effeciency drives me nuts. Lower tier vehicles already have smaller reward multipliers and thus is reason enough to use higher tier vehicles to research a higher tier vehicle, but if im happy with that reduction then I shouldnt be punished for it either.

Looking at more from perspective of grinding a new rank 8 aircraft using a rank 6 aircraft (or even a rank 9 aircraft when they come with a rank 7, etc) which is something id almost prefer to do in a lot of case as some of those rank 6 aircraft are way more fun to play in Sim these days. I do see the issue with “seal clubbing” but maybe make it so that Rank 1 and 2 vehicles still have reduced effeciency, much in the same way it works with events

Likewise, there is no reason at all, why I shouldnt be able to research a new lower tier vehicle with vehicles that I’ve already grinded above it.

1 Like

The current system incentivises only buying the top tier premiums and disincentivises buying any lower tier premiums.

If the RP bonus was based on your highest tier premium that your other premiums inherited, there would be motivation to buy and use lower tier premiums and reduce the black holes of top tier premiums.

I think reduce the penalty for event vehicles would be nice.