Quitters / 1Death Leavers need to be dealt with

why should i even bother respawning on a map like this while playing vehicles that are only good when hull down its just a waste of time for me, the horrible map design is why i ODL next to having barely sentient teammates 50% of the time

1 Like

You sound like part of The problem.

There are acceptable reasons to leave (after 1 or even 2 deaths)… the reasons you listed dont really meet the list/criteria… and seem like petty immature BS

1 Like

Its a perfectly good reason.
why should i play a trash CQB map for more than 5m in a tank that is physically incapable of performing well in CQB its not like im playing a T-90M or 2A7V that can round corners and tank any shell in the game with impunity or an abrams and Type10 with a 4-5s reload and good mobility its a challenger probably the 2nd worst toptier MBT it has no hull armour its got a poor reload once you get past the 4 round ready rack and horrible mobility along with the actual worst survivability of any toptier MBT

3 Likes

It is not the players need to be dealt with. By adding more and selling premium vehicles, the game itself is encouraging the players to play new nation with single vehicle.

1 Like

Yeah i leave when not in a squad there’s no point in playing CQB maps when my teammates are barely cognisant and consist of FOTM premium spam why shouldn’t i leave and enjoy a better map

1 Like

If someone only brings one or two vehicles they should get a free respawn in them. Premium or not

1 Like

would certainly help with stock grinds

You do not need reason to leave after one death. After all you can play one tank lineup and leave after one death without any punishment. I personally play one tank lineup and I do not plane change that any time soon. Mid to late game is just not worth it for me when CAS starts to bully tanks. I am in the game for tank vs tank combat, I do not care about anything else in GRB.

2 Likes

If you’re getting spawn camped then the game has already progressed enough for the enemy team to be in a position to do that.

The real issue the OP is talking about is when quitters leave on their first death just a minute or 2 into the game when the outcome is still be undecided.

A lot of games become defeats because people leave the game so early on.

I can guarantee you that if one death quitters brought in at least 2 vehicles and didn’t quit so early on you’d see you would have more wins more often.

Indeed. On top I often see the toptier ODL because of a stupid rush … according to the motto “Finally top tier so nobody can do anything to me!”

I can guarantee you that if one death quitters brought in at least 2 vehicles and didn’t quit so early on you’d see you would have more wins more often.

I have my doubts here. In my experience, the fundamental negative attitude is the problem. A second tank would usually not help much in this case either. They simply don’t believe they can change anything about “their” situation.
Basically, it’s just stupid that someone with more ambition could have taken part in the battle and thrown more than just one tank into the battle.
By now … we would need more than just one new game mode to fulfil the needs of the players. TO-Mode. 1-Tank-Mode …

1 Like

There are no game rule about how many times you have to spawn therefore no reason is needed. Only rules about gameplay are these:

6. UNSPORTING CONDUCT

6.1. The following behavior constitutes unsporting conduct and is explicitly prohibited hereunder:

6.1.1. Damaging a member of your team in a Game including the following:

a) killing (destroying) or damaging a teammate (if technically possible in a Game);

b) intentionally blocking teammate’s movements (propping up, pushing out, blocking the passage/driveways).

6.1.2. Exploiting Game bugs, errors, and flaws.

6.1.3. Installation or usage of unauthorized modifications to the Game client, using cheats or other software or devices that modify a Game process and/or original images produced by the Game (including the modification of a Game interface) to obtain an advantage in a Game without explicit authorization from Gaijin.

6.1.4. Other actions that violate the principle of fair play.

6.2. The actions prohibited by Section 6 of these rules shall be punished on a case-by-case basis by a decision of the Administration up to deletion of the User’s Gaijin Account.

So by pressing Battle button you only agree to these rule and you cannot expect from anyone else to follow imaginary rules that some people imposed on themself.

Instead of being at other players and trying to bend them to follow your rules, ask Gaijin for competitive mode.

4 Likes

It really does not matter to me how you call me it will not change my approach to game. I will always put my personal fun to the first place. I learned hard way in past that focusing on victories is not worth it in y in games like War Thunder or WoT. This game is not designed about team play but only about grind. The frustration elements are implemented for players to motivate them to progress tech trees, to get your hands on better machines.

I personally would like to play full lineups again, but in current settings it is just not worth it. Gaijin has basically monopoly on GRB and yet there is still only one branch of that mode and it is combined battles. I would love to see TO mode or some sort of PvPvE EC mode or even single tank mode but Gaijin does not care. They have their milking machine so why bother if it prints money. And as Gaijin does not care, why should I care? Why should I do the work? I rather be selfish a-hole that have fun than being frustrated miserable tryhard how I used to be just to make some randoms happy.

5 Likes

I’m not obligated to waste my SL or my time on garbage maps or lost matches or feeding kills to the undeserving users of Russian Bias machines. I’m not even obligated to spawn in the first place if I don’t want to.

Simple as that. I don’t care about your competitive spirit in a game that’s so bloody unbalanced it’s hardly even worth the effort to play in the first place.

People who ODL for no reason are the ones that don’t like competitive gameplay. Pretty much it. Good reasons are premiums/1 tank 1 plane combo as some youtubers do to showcase certain vehicles etc…But if one does it because they got tilted and raged quit ODL then they ruin it for the team mostly. Understandable but like…at least try.

The problem is a lot of the maps, with the way they are designed, aren’t competitive. They are either one sided, or not built for the line of tanks that the person may have. For example, if I have a ton of missile tanks (and only missile tanks), why would I bother spawning in, lets say, Advance to the Rhine? I can’t do much there, as missiles really are intended for mid range distances, not the short range engagements of that map. Or if I have a light tank with a weak gun on a wide open map w/ no cover, why should I spawn? I would be shot at before having the opportunity to get off an actual decent shot.

In an attempt to be competitive with the lineup people have, that is how we get a lot of ODLs (Or NDLs, No Death Leavers), because they recognize they won’t be useful. Why feed the enemy if I am not going to be useful? It is a lot better for me not to give away Free Spawn points to spawn in a plane or another tank, rather than do so and potentially harm my team more

4 Likes

Funny is that you are selfish a-hole as well because you want other players to play the way you want and do not care how they want to enjoy game. So in the end everyone is an a-hole.

2 Likes

Why would one only use missile tanks in the full line up…setting yourself up for failure knowing very well there are city maps and open field maps. If one gets the map “Advance of the Rhine”, and have ATGM vehicles in the line up and know very well it won’t do well there, then don’t spawn in it. We have line ups for a reason to have more options to use depending on situation of game progress or map.

I would definitely not use the Type 60 ATM at Rhine or any city maps if I ever get one. But I would use a well armored Ho-Ri at the front lines and Medium tanks behind our heavies. But I would take out the Type 60 ATM on other open field maps.

If you have 5 slots available, then pick wisely what vehicles to use. Now if you choose to only use missile tanks because you want to, then don’t complain about getting city maps knowing they are part of the map rotations.

But what if it is what I WANT to use? Why do I need to play something else, rather than the thing I want to play? How is that fair to me? Why do I need to suffer for your enjoyment?

In punishing ODLs, you are creating a toxic environment for a game, as well as being just as scummy if not more so than those that ODL for no reason.

On a side note, I am tired of hearing people say Punish, or eliminate, or Get Rid Of. ODLs. Why must we use the stick? Clearly it doesn’t work. And not only in WT. It doesn’t work for pretty much any game that has it. Instead, why do we not focus on rewards? I’d be willing to try and play Missile vehicles on AttR or Light Tanks w/no armor on Kursk if there were greater rewards. I’d stay in the match where I am getting obliterated by air and try really hard to fight back if I knew I could earn a lot by destroying them.

Stop the Stick. Start the Carrot. That is all.

Edit;
also, not everyone can afford more than five vehicles in a lineup. For nations like Italy, that have a heavy focus on light tanks, or Russia, that focus on armor more/have BRs where you can just bring SPGs, it is a hard ask to say “bring XYZ” when they may not have the option or will to do so.

Are you sure? You are the one who calls everyone a-hole if they do not play like you want which is leaving and not caring about victory. You want from them to stay and fight for you and not for themselfs.

1 Like

Allow use of unlimited backups in a match, solved.