[POLL] The current state of events

Honestly I kinda miss the old events where you had to craft parts etc.

Sure it was more RNG and harder to do but it at least felt rewarding to get the vehicles

1 Like

I think it would be fine if squadron vehicles just get the ability to grind any lower rank vehicle with 100% efficiency. Premium bonuses arent really needed for them.

2 Likes

they can be purchased with GE, why not allow them research other tiers?

1 Like

EYNQtuwXsAEyUQu


YF12A Next event Gajin take notes its only fair because Russia has mig25 at like 11.0…
it may not be good but would really be fun and able to outrun 4,000 missiles (SR-71 stats not yf12A)
12.0 sounds reasonable

  • YES!
  • NOPE!
0 voters

I think the mission point system is fine and the 45k points required aren’t as bad as people make it out to be, my only suggestion would be to increase the time between tasks, I feel like 2 days is barely enough for most people with responsibilities, they should be increased to 3 days at max.

The GE discounts could also be improved a lot further, the discount to completion ratio is terrible and should definitely be improved specially when going over 50%.

Another day, another doohickey ducted on a thingmabob. Patria AMV (Bakhcha) is a nice event vehicle, I can’t and won’t say that is a good event vehicle à la Object 292—I’m using Object 292 as a measure of:

  • Is the vehicle appealing?
  • Is the vehicle effective?
  • Is the vehicle unique?

Object 292 is appealing, has a 152-mm cannon on a durable platform and the current highest penetrating APDS-FS ammunition in-game; Object 292 is effective, ignoring the caviats like lack of thermal imaging, coaxial machine gun and not up to standard armor, is effective as a shoot and scoop vehicle; Object 292 is unique because it’s the first of a handful of prototypes made during the late-Cold War to bring main battle tank to a new standard of unimaginable powerful cannons.

Why do I use Object 292 as measure because of its value in the Marketplace, same can be told for the F-14A IRIAF that hands over to the player similar performance in form of an airplane. Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO) is real but that’s part of the event, the developers seems to be trying to fix or balance between FOMO content and good content, so what’s the point of exclusivity? What’s the point of event vehicles. These current event vehicles are not interesting as they used to be. The first tank, the first airplane and the first vessel in the current cycle were the only truly interesting set of vehicles, after that is just pointless, uninteresting, inferior vehicles compared to research tree ones, even, Premium vehicles became more superior than event vehicles.

If I’m going to put all other things I could do aside in favour of an event vehicle that requires time management, what’s the damn point of going after this “exclusive” vehicle that is inferior if not the same as any other comparable tech tree vehicle. I was reading through the AMV (BMP-3)'s Desert Predator event and is baffling the position of Gaijin representative and other fellow community members. As @Джахед mentioned, they hyped us for a underwhelming vehicle that doesn’t fulfill none of the previous mentioned measures of a good event vehicle (to note, it’s subjective, is my opinion, others will have different measures of good or bad event vehicle, no problem).

I’m careless that FOMO is something, I’ve missed the T-72B3A (Arena-E) event on purpose only to find out that it could’ve been a nice addition to my line-up of vehicles months after the event, so what? I’m not complaining about FOMO. I actually want unique, effective and exclusivity on these event vehicles regardless if I can’t get the vehicle for whatever reason. Having another wheeled platform with equally mediocre armament is not really saying: “This is a good event vehicle”. It’s not the first time I’ve shared my discontent with the content, and it certainly won’t be the last as I’ve mentioned in other moments:

I’ve mentioned that the Marketplace can tell another half of the story if the vehicle fulfill the three requirements I’ve proposed previously, and as @Smin1080p_WT mentioned, the Marketplace don’t tell the whole story because we don’t have access to individual vehicle data to compare with the general data to determine if the vehicle is desireable.

But with the Marketplace and general player data from sources like Statshark that provide more or less accurate data about the vehicle like kill-death ratio, winrate and battles, we have a good idea of how good it is. In this example we can use the Object 292, the first vehicle on this new cycle and the Scimitar Mk.2 the latest vehicle in this new cycle:

image

image

In the same period, August 2026, realistic battles, tanks

So yes, they’re correct to state that the Marketplace value don’t tell the whole story but it’s screaming how good something actually is. If the Marketplace value didn’t meant that much, so why is Object 279 so high in value? Definitely not because it’s another wheeled platform with an autocannon ducted on it. If the value is so low as GJN 9.90 its directly saying this vehicle is not worth the time or the value could be as low as free, which is not allowed on the Marketplace but being one of the lowest valued vehicles it’s very telling. I’m not expecting Patria AMV (Bakhcha) to be higher then GJN 30.00 in the long term, which means I’m not expecting Patria AMV (Bakhcha) to be good or fulfill none of the previously mentioned three points.

I’m excited for the next suprise they are planning for the next ground vehicle, and I’m excited to be disappointed with another doohickey ducted on a thingmabob.

Nah not as an event vehicle it would be better as a squadron vehicle

I think it would be more correct to compare the number of battles in the first month after the marathon’s release. But since the 292 came out in February 2024 and Statshark only appeared at the beginning of 2025, that won’t be possible. However, even so, a year after being in the game, the 292 has twice as many battles as the SCIMITAR.


T-72


FV4030/3
image

More time to grind, lower points threshold. The average player has to work way too hard for something that sometimes isn’t even that viable.

One is an MBT from one of the most popular in game nations vs a light tank from a lesser popular nation. So this is also not an accurate or meaningful comparison that tells the full story or has the full data.

Yeah. That wasn’t a fair comparison they made honestly.

However some of the event vehicles are a long grind for something that is not always that viable.

Therefore, we can look at the statistics of the FV4030/3 tank, which I have also kindly provided.

Which shows the very same thing I am speaking about. One of the most popular nations will always have more games played vs one of the lesser popular ones has a drastically lower play rate.

These statistics are also not official nor the full accurate picture either.

But both the Scimitar and the FV4030/3 are in the same tech tree. The difference is that in one case, you made an event for a tank that was at least somewhat interesting, while in the other, you released a light tank that nobody really wanted — the Scimitar.

Your company needs to take a more responsible approach to choosing marathon rewards. Right now, it feels like you’re not even trying to appeal to the majority of players and are simply churning out unwanted vehicles that people want to forget about the moment they are announced.😤

This is categorically false. Plenty of people wanted it, asked for it and it was received well. I’m afraid this is showing your personal bias once again in attempting to speak on behalf of everyone rather than just express your personal opinion.

The classification, if it’s a main battle tank or a light tank doesn’t really matter in terms of quality of content in a event vehicle but the vehicle itself the developers are offering in form of a event to be part. Since event vehicles can be done with any nation except with a specific family of vehicle like ground vehicles, naval vehicles or flying vehicles we can discard nation as a factor that make a event vehicle interesting otherwhise people won’t be speaking about things like AMX-50 Surblindé, at the time France wasn’t popular as it’s today certainly.

In a hypothetical scenario, if the Scimitar Mk.2 was instead the supposed Chieftain Mk.10 with a 140 mm cannon, certainly would be vastly more interesting vehicle because it’s another unique example of vehicle that could be an event vehicle.

Although we should put things in perspective, I don’t have informations on this very specific Chieftain Mk.10 with this 140 mm cannon and I’m skeptical that the image above is the vehicle in question. Regardless this tells a bit how event vehicles are considered by the developers to implement more unique designs in other forms in the game, example of this is the WZ-141-1 and T-80UD/BE, both are vehicles in the Chinese tech tree, WZ-141-1 is a unique approach to an airborne vehicle that was introduced behind a paywall, the main prize of a battlepass. The other a lesser different variant of the same T-80UD present in the Soviet Union tech tree in form of event vehicle that has a total of one different asset: the thermal imaging gunner sight. Is that so to make a event vehicle? A thermal sight if not the nation that is representing.

In case of the Scimitar Mk.2 it was required a fuzz from the community for the developers to consider the APDS-FS belts and on top of that wait a month or more for the removeable slat armor that from the time announced until the release of the feature certainly affected the vehicle performance in comparison to the base Scimitar tank. When I said nations doesn’t matter on event is, I think, a true statement. F-16XL was highly antecipated, I doubt because it was made by the United States, one of the most if not the most popular nation in the game, but because it’s a unique branch of the F-16 family. The Scimitar Mk.2 also was highly antecipated not because it would be probably effective neither because it was made by United Kingdom but because of the CVR-T family.

My question is; which I don’t need you to reply directly to this is, why are ground event vehicles becaming less and less interesting and unique designs that avert away from regular researchable vehicles? Battlepass and regular premium vehicles are way more effective then event vehicles. For example the WZ-141-1, not only is unique but also very effective on its class of light tank. The other T58 is another highly effective vehicle on its class and the few ground event vehicle that I would say that was worth the time invested on, not considering Object 292, was the FV4030/3 with its very good armor and gun for the battle rating and the Boxer MGS 3105 before its reload time increase (I didn’t played with it recently, so I can’t say if it’s still good, but it should probably).

Returning to the Scimitar Mk.2 being a light tank and comparing it to a main battle tank isn’t fair, and if the intention was a light tank why not the FV101 or the FV101-2 (90 mm variant) which not only would add a unique variant of this highly requested vehicle but also made to another task, to engage more armored units? I mean of all things, at least myself, I am discontent with how bad event vehicles are, I’m not demanding that event vehicles should be powerful but there’s a performance gap between event vehicles, battlepass vehicles and premium vehicles. In the case of the Patria AMV (Bakhcha) I don’t think it will perform as poor as the Scimitar Mk.2 because it has a proper anti-tank weapon, I just think that Sweden also could have a more unique vehicle as I’ve mentioned in my post attached previously in the original thread. In my opinion the UDES-XX 20 not only would be a more interesting vehicle, would be more effective in the current War Thunder environment, and for a event vehicle would be more appealing because of that—it has a dedicated anti-tank weapon—a 120 mm cannon, but also a highly requested vehicle for Sweden.

1 Like

Equally, it must also be considered that if something is too unique, a different group of people will complain that its an event and not in the tree / standard premium etc. A balance must be struck all round.

Its also not the case that the Scimitar would have been something like this Chieftain, as it was always planned to be a light vehicle event in this window, rather than an MBT.

It was already under consideration before the vehicle even launched. We made that clear and said that its statistics first needed to be monitored and assessed before it was introduced. So that its BR would not immediately climb.

Again, sadly this was made clear that it required a model update to enable, which happen typically in major updates.

This is rather a subjective matter, as some prefer many of the recent rewards whilst others will prefer more drastic departures from what’s available in the tree. The answer is that both are done. We have both the one off experimental / prototypes and the more common, but still unique vehicle variants. Both have a spot in events and cover the balance we try to strike between all types of rarities of vehicles to be obtainable. Without annoying the group that don’t like to see too many unique things behind events and also the group that want to see them there.

The Scimitar doesn’t come in place of either of those, but also is the ideal event vehicle. Since it is unique (and entirely new chassis, better ammo, slat armour) but also takes nothing significant away from the tree itself.

Swin has spawned just a simple question does Gajin have any plans for new types of events or a event overhual if you can tell us?

Well, I’ve considered things and I think there’s something we both can agree upon and you have mentioned, and probably won’t be the last time and it’s certainly wasn’t the first. I don’t think that event vehicles will pivot to exclusively unique designs, experimental and or prototypes because part of the community will argue that the developers are requiring time management and effort in a short period of time. At the same time if the developers intent to balance in between as you mentioned, another part of the community, like myself, will argue that said event vehicles aren’t worth as event vehicles.

On my end I’ll just hope that the next one is something unique as a 152 mm boomstick like the Object 292 in terms of appearence—A main battle tank with 152 mm—or as I’ve mentioned previously with the UDES-XX 20 an articulated trailer and a small silhouette with a unmanned 120 mm cannon would also be very cool as an event vehicle. But regardless, putting my own issues aside, I don’t think that the Patria AMV (Bakhcha) will be bad, since, it has a 100 mm cannon that can shoot anti-tank guided missiles. I’m excited to see if APDS-FS is being considered as well, not only that but an improved loading mechanism for the anti-tank guided missile: