Permanent research bonus for completed nations

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

War Thunder is a continually growing game and as more vehicles get added, ranks expand and the top research requirements rise past the 400k RP cost mark it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep up with multiple game nations.

Sadly, this means that many players feel discouraged to research new vehicles, seeing their time better invested in a singular tree of the game than to try and start this increasingly expanding journey from scratch.

That is why I feel like a bonus is needed to make every subsequent nation a slightly more reachable goal, and maybe encourage players to spread out and try different things, even if their main interests may be with specific nations.

The proposed bonus

Unlocking top tier of a specific branch (Aviation, Ground, etc.) nation unlocks a stage of the bonus for that branch. There is one bonus stage for each branch per nation.

Each stage adds an additional 10% to all RP earnings on vehicles of the same branch. This is applied to final earnings in battle, adding 10% of the usual earnings to the amount of RP gained for both modification and vehicle research. The reward stacks until all nations reward conditions are met, encouraging research of all in game nations.

Example:

• Unlocking a rank VIII Italian aircraft unlocks a bonus stage for aviation. The bonus is now +10% RP for aviation
  • Unlocking a rank VIII Swedish aircraft unlocks a bonus stage for aviation. The bonus is now +20% RP for aviation
  • Unlocking a rank VIII German tank unlocks a bonus stage for Ground. The bonus is now +20% RP for aviation and +10% for ground

Conclusion

This system would help encourage players to research more nations, try out different vehicles and see the game from a different angle. Meanwhile players encouraged to spread their wings more might decide to purchase premium vehicles for those nations they otherwise wouldn’t have found interest in.

While the exact values of the bonus might vary depending on the implementation, I believe a permanent bonus for research, awarded for “completed” nations would encourage more interest in the full scale of the game.

12 Likes

10% is way too low.

Change it to at least 25% :)

25% on base RP is still insignificant.

I’m against this proposal. You telling Gaijin that 400k XP vehicles are OK + extremely high modification costs.
There should not be such grind in the first place!

Make a proposal for unlocking all modifications upfront, at no cost – now you have my vote !

And refuse to play and pay until it’s live !

1 Like

1 Like

This is a good idea. It’s a great way of rewarding players for completing a tree (unlike Gaijins implementation.

I disagree. Increase normal rewards by that much instead of gating the increases with a ton of progression.

3 Likes

in real life, you also come to the shop to buy bread, and demand a 25% discount, because a 10% discount is too low?

1 Like

Bread is quite cheap here, nobody bothers to ask for the price, much less discount.

But sure, if it’s something worth negotiating on, I will negotiate.

Anything wrong with that?! :)

you understand perfectly what I’m getting to.

devs gave you a discount on researching other nations, and you even complaining.
because they don’t have to give you anything, lol.

Of course they do.

I’m spending my time and money on this game. They ought to accommodate me and other players.

If you are content with the status quo, just go and play the game. Why are you here complaining about other players asking for / suggesting improvements?

1 Like

developer is free to do whatever he wants in his own game, and he must not you anything.

happy for you. when you’ll become older, maybe you’ll understand that you were a nutcake.

read the license agreement for the game. your account doesn’t even belong to you.

Yeah, he must “not me anything” :)

It must be hard to live with donkey fart breath ! I feel for you !

Or just remove the limit the new tree bonus has in it’s current test form so you get the research bonus for all other nations instead of just all other nations that don’t qualify for the bonus

If the bonus were to be unrestricted, cumulative and on net profit and not base RP; i would personally not want the unlocking of a top tier vehicle to be the trigger. Mostly because you can skip a lot of a tree and rush to the top to gain the bonus if that is all you are after.
I think a better criteria would be unlocking every non foldered vehicle in the tree (perhaps only after rank 3?). (and then some sort of mechanic for not losing the bonus immediately when a new vehicle or subtree is added, perhaps some grace period per new vehicle added?)

They could even make the bonus apply to ranks separately and cumulative. So when you have unlocked all rank 3 in Germany you get Y% bonus to all other rank 3 but no other ranks. When you have all vehicles in rank 3 in both Germany and USA you get 2x Y% bonus for all other rank 3. This way it’s also a bonus for players that only like and play specific eras of vehicles without forcing them to play vehicles above “their” rank/BR, that they might not like, only to get the bonus.

In short:
Cumulative? yes.
Unrestricted amount of games? perhaps, not sure, it could be hard to balance the percentage bonus in that case.
On net instead of base? Absolutely, its weird to give practically less of a reward to paying players.

Didnt he say that you must unlock all tree to gain the bonus ?

Besides I am up for this current rp bonus is kicking me in the nuts simply because I already own a top tier vehicle in all ground air and bluewater tree . Only rp where I get the bonus are the costal ships and helicopters.

1 Like

He said:

This is one of the bigger problems as the bonus was intended to help players that had already climbed to the top in several trees. As it was during the test it won’t really do that.

2 Likes

I am still kinda hoping they will change it.

2 Likes