Following the Roadmap: Research Bonuses Testing Has Concluded

it’s intended, it’s been stated before. It may be changed in the future but this is how it’s meant to work rn.

1 Like

Yet there’s no post.

Two months, you say? Hold my beer!

@AlvisWisla it says the bonus is removed right there.

That’s for same-tech-tree.
That’s not for the general feature of “other tech tree” which I addressed earlier in the topic.

So our compensation for too high top tier RP requirements explicitly doesn’t affect the top tier research?

I feel like another bonus system is needed to solve that issue in addition to this one then…

Cause it’s meant to encourage single nation mains to try another TT. It’s not meant for people who’ve grinded out multiple nations already.

Yes there is.

it is, at least currently, intended that way and have been described in both main topic and replies as being the intention.

Which i don’t like at all.

2 Likes

Except that isn’t the issue now is it?
The issue is when you have two at the top and they don’t activate for the other.

That is very much the issue.
I don’t know if you are misreading something somewhere.

Screenshot for brevity

2 Likes

Adding to this, they never reviewed/rebalanced the modification RP for vehicles when they reorganized/reshuffled the tech trees.

So we still have things like 13K RP required for a tier 4 modification on a 6.0 He 162, which is more than many tier 4 mods on a Rank 6/7 jet.

The lack of attention to detail and overall incompetence when it comes to things like this is remarkable.

While I appreciate the more candid approach to commentary and communication from developers over the past year, the areas these teams appear to be devoting their time and attention is woefully misguided given the progressive staleness and lack of creativity of their game modes.

2 Likes

I’m still trying to understand the logic behind modification cost.

This might have changed a little bit since but this is what it was.

For the Leopard 2A7V
Thermals tier lll: 1x tier l mod 22k RP + 2k tier ll mod 30k RP + thermals 16k RP = 68k RP
Laser rangefinder tier IV: 68k RP + 2x tier lll mod 32k RP + LRF 17k RP = 117k RP
Top shell tier IV: 117k RP + shell 17k RP = 134k RP total

For the M1A2 SEP
Laser rangefinder tier lll: 1x tier l mod = 16k RP + 2x tier ll mod - 18k RP + LRF 20k RP = 54k RP
Thermals tier IV: 54k RP + tier lll mod 20k RP + thermals 15k RP = 89k RP
Top shell tier IV: 89k RP + shell 15k RP = 104k RP total

For the T-90M
Laser rangefinder tier ll: 1x tier l mod 15k RP + LRF 12k RP = 27k RP
Thermals tier ll 27k RP + thermals 12k RP = 39k RP
Top shell tier IV: 39k RP + 1x tier ll mod 12k RP + 3x tier lll mod 45k RP = 81k RP total

2 Likes

Mod cost is a set RP amount per modification tier, and it is split equally between all mods in a tier.

It’s not really equal when one top tier vehicle can unlock thermals in 20k and the next requires 70k RP.

Increasing and adjusting RP is one thing but why is a laser rangefinder tier IV for a Leopard 2A7 but tier ll for Russia? Those are part of the main modules you need to be competitive.

1 Like

We all know the reason:

1 Like

I just checked, and RP costs for everything aren’t consistent with other nations for whatever reason. Neither are modification tiers.

I don’t understand why Gaijin doesn’t copy+paste the exact same RP costs per tier, and the locations of all mods.

1 Like

Even parts and FPE aren’t equal.

M1A2 V2: 4800 + 5400 for parts and FPE = 10.200 RP
M1A2 Sep: 4800 + 4200 for both things = 10.000 RP

Leopard 2A7V: 6600 + 4500 = 11.100 RP
Leopard 2 PSO: 6300 + 3600 = 9.900 RP

T-90M: 4500 + 3600 = 8.100 RP
T-80BVM: 4500 + 3600 = 8.100 RP

2 Likes

Except it’s not. I neither know nor care what Gaijin employees think about the mechanic, I don’t read other people’s minds. All I know is how it started, and what effect we’re getting now.

When the Steam downvotes has hit the fan, the community clearly said the grind is very lengthy for everyone, joking about passing their grind to the grand children, and this particular change was a reaction to this sentiment. Gaijin said they can’t speed up the grind for the fresh players because fast progressing can ruin their experience, and that’s a fair point, so this mechanic was supposed to circumvent this problem by introducing possession of a top tier vehicle as a prerequisite for the bonus. Gaijin promised to work very hard on this particular change, it took more than a year to implement, so naturally, the expectations are rather high. Now it fails to address the original point, and leads to ridiculous cases. I am sorry, but as non-native speaker I can’t find a word that describes the situation better than “fiasco”.

Fundamentally, the mainers gonna main until they get bored, and no RP rewards alone can sway them towards researching new tech trees. The lengthy grind doesn’t help, sure, but truth be told, three daily battles are not going to solve the fact these people simply aren’t interested enough. The community in general is motivated, though, so why not speak to these people instead of showing them the middle finger via the blocker and pissing them off? I don’t see any reason why such a bonus shouldn’t be targeting the enthusiasts as well. There are people who care about the variety already, and are were doing that for years, so why insult us? This “don’t buy the vehicle to cheese the blocker and keep the bonus” sounds pathetic, it doesn’t encourage anything other than stopping playing the game where people actually want to play. What a self-contradictory mess.

And I am not suggesting to come up with something groundbraking, only to remove the blocker. Think about it a tad harder. If we remove the disqualification for getting the research buff from another nation, a single nation main’s situation wouldn’t change at all, because they only have one nation, this won’t get the bonus for their main country. But if they decide to invest their time into another one, now they will have a additional stimulus: they would receive a bonus for their favorite nation once they complete the other one, because that other nation will provide the bonus too. Now that F-4S guy will consider getting 23ML or what have you and get the Soviet top tier too, even if their end goal is merely speeding up their future American research or getting some other branch faster. That’s more sales and playtime for Gaijin, isn’t it? You bait them with a bonus for their beloved country and switch to familiarizing them with other countries. They will have to try another tree, with slightly different gameplay, so eventually they might stop being single nation mains and embrace the variety.

But if you keep the blocker, that wouldn’t work. There’s no reason to leave the already topped-out nation for a single nation main because no amount of other nation research will ever be relevant if you keep the bonus as implemented with the blocker.

5 Likes

To be honest, i havent play tested the bonuses yet and i wont even bother doing so because this “FeAtUre” that was in developement for 1+ years(?) is the biggest insult to any veteran/enjoyer that waited for a good eceonomy change to counter the 2k rp per mach ground rb battles and much more.
At least make it so each TOP Vehicle adds an rp boost to a stackable pernament rp boost so the more vehicles you have the more rp you get or read any valid and liked/upvoted post talking about how trash this devblog is and implement its suggestions.
Since this is a testing phase, there is still hope ig.

5 Likes

Watch it, they will increase the RP by 50%(100%>150%) and push it out. There is 3 days left and they haven’t been any response for the devs/mods.