One Spawn Quitters

Not everyone can always be in the right place to get 4 kills in the first few minutes. Some support and cover flanks, preventing the opponent from breaking through. Not all things you do in battle are reflected in the points.
How often have I scouted opponents without end … But none of them were shot at … Nevertheless, my team knew where the opponents were and were able to gain an advantage. That’s how it is sometimes.
And not everyone performs 100% every round. Even with two kills per battle, you can still be average in this game.

1 Like

That’s right, ur team is really bad so when you die, leave and let them lose.

You sound overall like a very pragmatic and calm person. I imagine you enter the game with the correct attitude and take what comes in your stride. I also imagine you to be relatively consistent in that approach.

I on the other hand am moody and prone to work related stress. So I can be very calm and accepting of all War Thunder faults one night or really have zero tolerance for any of them and switch off very quickly the next night. So in many ways not entirely the games’ fault then but the players.

Do we love Football when we win the cup but hate football when we crash out in the first round of the cup ?

Also with ODL, did the player just throw the game on for a quick game or settle down for a proper session? Things like this can have a big impact on ODL.

Yesterday I played 6 matches in which indeed I did quit immediately after the first spawn.

1st reason, left and right we had spawn campers after I got eliminated the first time. No need to respawn.
2nd reason were some russian team mates that blocked me in my Leopard wearing a Urkainien flag and a white pigeon on the side, And unfortuantely this repeated in 4 instances.
3rd reason. Most of team was gone in the night battle. Only one other and me where there. The other guy was already spawned in the air. For me no way to win. I decided to go.

Besides my family, I don’t have time to spend on WT. So i want to make the most out of my precious time. I am having fun and if fun is killed by deliberate Tk or spawn campers, I leave and get into another match. I don’t care about win or loose. I don’t give a target to spawn campers, thats for sure.

1 Like

Read and understand. I have won such rounds often enough. Even if I haven’t always benefited in the form of points, I have benefited in the form of a win. I’d rather have three semi-good players supporting me than the one hero who gets 10 kills at the spawn and then leaves the battle.

Why, are you against logic?

1 Like

I think this is important and it actually answers the question of why players ODL ,it is what Gaijin should be looking at.

1 Like

You sound overall like a very pragmatic and calm person. I imagine you enter the game with the correct attitude and take what comes in your stride. I also imagine you to be relatively consistent in that approach.

It would be nice … you’d have to see me swearing around here ^^
From time to time I even let my hair down in the chat although I don’t really want to do that any more because it’s embarrassing.
I always try my best and am happy about everyone who tries as well. Sometimes things just go wrong.

I on the other hand am moody and prone to work related stress. So I can be very calm and accepting of all War Thunder faults one night or really have zero tolerance for any of them and switch off very quickly the next night. So in many ways not entirely the games’ fault then but the players.

I think that’s what makes us human. If you can’t show emotion about certain things, you probably have other problems.

Do we love Football when we win the cup but hate football when we crash out in the first round of the cup ?

Exciting point. In Germany, it’s always “our team” and WE won. But as soon as it comes to defeat, it’s often “THEY lost”.
I, for example, watch F1. I don’t have a particular team as my favourite like others or certain drivers. I’m often happy for the individual small successes that everyone celebrates there, no matter how big.

Also with ODL, did the player just throw the game on for a quick game or settle down for a proper session? Things like this can have a big impact on ODL.

There are so many reasons for ODL. I imagine I understand them, even if I sometimes find them stupid. But that doesn’t mean I want to forbid anyone from doing it.
Everyone is free to do what they want here. Even if it’s stupid and silly and sometimes harmful to your own team.
If I want to drive in circles for 25 minutes in the spawn then I can do that …

1 Like

Nice attempt at distraction.

1 Like

My observation is that Gaijin and the Devs actually give the player base the gift of freedom, but it is the player base who reject that freedom and throw it back in Gaijins face then blame Gaijin.

Its like the people who push for censorship far more that the Govt actually do. Did you know the reason why the small and underfunded Gestapo worked so well during WW2? Because people love to tell tales and report their Neighbours and hate to think that others are getting something they might not be getting. I see that trait on this forum and in this game so much. German main, Russian Bias etc etc

I think its fair to say that everything wrong with this game was something the player base demanded to be implemented at some point. Map changes being a prime example. Constant cries for changing BR another.

2 Likes

My observation is that Gaijin and the Devs actually give the player base the gift of freedom, but it is the player base who reject that freedom and throw it back in Gaijins face then blame Gaijin.

I think that many people have expectations of the game and if it doesn’t fulfil them, it has to change.
I also asked for changes to CAS and ODL at the beginning of my WT time … In the meantime I have learnt to deal with it.
There are so many different ways of playing this game that it can lead to conflicts.

Its like the people who push for censorship far more that the Govt actually do. Did you know the reason why the small and underfunded Gestapo worked so well during WW2? Because people love to tell tales and report their Neighbours and hate to think that others are getting something they might not be getting. I see that trait on this forum and in this game so much. German main, Russian Bias etc etc

I’ll make a confession … I left Germany two years ago for precisely this reason. The time with the vaccinations and what was going on in the media and society reminded me a lot of Gestapo times.
If you have a different opinion, we will destroy you. Now the country will soon have destroyed itself. Never mind … OT …

I think its fair to say that everything wrong with this game was something the player base demanded to be implemented at some point. Map changes being a prime example. Constant cries for changing BR another.

I see a lack of communication on the part of Gaijin here. For example, the issue with the small changes in scouting. They have actually fixed the problems that were mentioned. But at the same time, they’ve made it more difficult to get points through the back door. Nobody asked about that. No explanation as to why this was done.
The same goes for the map changes. Were there any explanations? The players end up looking for their own reasons and pointless discussions ensue, which ultimately only lead to frustration.

1 Like

I guess the issue there is one of the Roadmap.

We have a big announcement of the road map and the biggest change in recent times ie the map issue isn’t even on that roadmap. No discussion just big sweeping changes.

I have to say that the narrow map thing for me has gone. The big red lines down the side. Did Gaijin remove them? If they did that has to be forum interaction. Or is it severe ODL on those maps?

Im a one death leaver. Some maps are just not worth to stay and play on if you want to be efficient. Also ive used vehicles like CV-90105 to grind out the swedish tech tree. I dont think players using 1 premium in their lineups should be punished in any way

2 Likes

I think you should be free to play anyway you like legally and I have seen the moderators say this. I feel they firmly believe it.

It is the player base who want to impose sanctions and punishments all the time. Stona did come on at one point and remind us all that Spawn camping is totally legal.
It’s a game choice as is the number of vehicles you chose to run.

Crew lock was not in the game from the start, I presume that was implemented due to player complaints.

3 Likes

Crew lock is a really dumb mechanic. I assume it is to dissuade leaving after one death but in reality it forces you leave after one death in 2-3 more battles.

2 Likes

My biggest issue is when my team just takes the first cap and then decides on mass to push for the enemy spawn where they are eventually wiped out.

I’ve seen it numerous times where the enemy is capping other flags, and even the one behind them, yet they just blindly look to the spawn.

2 Likes

Finally this screenshot pays off ^^

2 Likes

Thats the one .I was looking for it.

Stona slapped it in mid argument as the player base was laying down the law as usual.

1 Like

where at? Want to see what were they arguing about XD

2 Likes

An argument about spawn camping but there are so many, can Oldie remember where he got it from. I don’t want to put words in people’s mouths but it is not the first time a chief moderator has had to remind the player base of the actual rules. There was some mention in one debate about freedom of choice and the game itself being pro freedom of choice, I cannot specifically say that was Stona but the moderator seemed a little tired of players creating unofficial rules .

Gaijin/War Thunder seem very pro freedom and keen to allow players to interpret the game in any way within the legal boundaries. It is the players who keep demanding restriction and boundaries.

1 Like