Off Topic Discussion

also btw. I think we got treated so nicely in RRD because well even if we talk about complete nonsense it’s still rumour talking and that can be seen as the topic of the thread

it could’ve been sth like the Starfighter ASA with sub par flight performance but superior Missiles

but unless F3 won’t come this year it’ll be outmatched im both instantly

Since when F-14A is a full 4th gen? It gets no night capable A2G weapons and some early ARH missiles. F-14B is the only one capable of something more than dropping dumb bombs but it still has only laser guided bombs and no FnF missiles. Phoenixes are the same basically between A and B and their performance is debatable.

For me rank 9 should be dedicated for full ARH capable missiles, all-aspect PD radars and all aspect IR missiles.

the f4f ice was hyped?, people just wanted it to be finaly be introduced nobody said it would ever be good

F-14A is still a gen 4. Gen 4 doesn’t mean air to ground weapons, after all you only need to see Tornado ADV & F-16ADF.

Well, the reality is, if AMRAAMs are added, the US F-16C and whatever MiG-29 variant they deem fit will be carrying them, instantly rendering the F-4F ICE and stuff like AMRAAM capable Harriers and Tornados sub par

4th gen is a completely subjective term

F14A (Early) is 1977 iirc, which predates something like the MiG-23MLD by several years. So by that metric is definitely isn’t 4th gen

Then again, it has a dramatically more advanced design and weapons systems which fit more in-line with ‘4th gen’ than a MiG’s would

I mean kinda but it was always expected to be DOA

and even now where it’s not even implemented it’s still expected to be DOA

which I think is healthy because in the unlikely case that it does perform Half decent that’ll just make us happier

That’s why I said full 4th gen, with all modern features. I’m not talking about wikipedia definition but rather in game sense.

the sorting of Aircraft into Generations is entirely flawed and completely subjective

it’s PR talk that doesn’t really matter

DHL Dauert Halt Länger

1 Like

Ranks ingame don’t really work like that though, they are just a way to ROUGHLY (yes, I know stuff like the Wyvern exists) sort vehicles by era and BR

well missle bus, shoot all amraams, return to base not useable in dog fights thats how i see it, for defense beg gajin to give it at least aim 9l(i), if they dont give it aim 9l (i) the f4f ice is even more DOA then expected if it needs to surive against aim 9m and R73 without equivalent

I explained that in my newer comment. Based on general rank features and performance F-16 with AIM-120B/C doesn’t fit into rank 7. Same goes for the F/A-18C. F-14B on the other hand doesn’t bring anything special to rank 7 other than LGBs and low performance ARH missiles.

well yes it’s gonna be a Missile bus, but unlike a successful Missile Bus like the F-14A was in the early days it’ll get inferior Fox 3s from the start

although it’ll have a nice Radar the missiles don’t really rely on it anymore so it doesn’t matter

And then they stick a modern hull in the WW2 BRs.

There always are outliers, in the end ranks only exist to limit the rate at which people progress through the trees

ICE’s radar still does PD all aspect (mprf) and TWS right?

we’re about to see the first Modern Plane in WW2 Ranks too, it’ll be a Sub par Jet but it’ll be there