Off Topic Discussion

You can download more brain

1 Like

Haven’t watched any vids of his before, but man, he’s spot on with this (thumbnail do be clickbait-y tho)

So, overall it sounds reasonable, but he’s absolutely wrong about the ‘no sources modern missiles are unaffected by multipath’ thing. See the AIM-54 thread we discuss this in great detail (They are but they’ll still hit down to like, 5 meters AGL)

About his point on if multipathing was changed in the R-27ER meta, it wasn’t ever OP because it was impossible to dodge (It wasn’t and its still dramatically overperforming anyway), it was OP because in a one-on-one engagement it would win 100% of the time regardless of any circumstances unless you were on the ground. All nations have ARHs with the same fire and crank capability. An R-77 and AIM-120 fighter can both fire against each other, the AIM-120 will get there sooner, but the R-77 would be a bit better off-boresight (and thus can fire while cranking). Either way both have to crank and both have a roughly even chance to defeat the missiles.

He’s also wrong about missiles ‘hitting the ground’ and dealing splash damage. Its triggering the proxy fuze. AIM-54 did the same thing forever. Any oddness is probably just server desync.

He’s right about the F-14, but that can easily be fixed by giving it 9Ls and moving it up (LOL) Also, its radar is HDN only so you can completely screw it by simply going cold for a moment, and then turning back. the TWS track won’t be able to re-lock and you’re gold.

Also, of course, all of the common sense stuff like stock stuff, splitting Fox-3 from non-fox 3 (with the exception of the F-14), is common sense and should’ve been a thing day one.

Saying people are okay with it because its the American plane/missile is just kinda dumb IMO, and detracts from what should be a very agreeable video.

Israel gets the Baz Meshupar, Sweden and Italy get their Gripens, Japan gets their F-15J(M), France gets the F-16AM. The F-15J(M) is arguably the most meta of all of those. People are far more tolerant of this because its a MAJORITY OF NATIONS which are now actually viable in top-tier, and not just the USSR like in Apex Predators

2 Likes

Well said

About the splash damage though, I don’t think it’s just desyncs that cause the splash damage to still deal damage. It’s more likely that it’s down to how explosions and fragment dispersion are modelled ingame. In the Phoenix case it is understandable that the explosive force after proxy fuzing would still be able to damage the plane, but I don’t see how that would be the case for the new ARHs with their much smaller warheads (unless the fuzing happens within a distance of like 20m of the plane)

I do agree, that the NATO/American/Russian bias point is stupid, but it’s still something that many people actually seem to cling to. There definitely is a very vocal part of the playerbase acting that way.

I was actually glad to see how similar the ARHs are spec-wise ingame, just the modelling is a bit off for some of them, causing them to underperform. It might just be me, but I do feel like the range disparity can be a bit extreme, however that really wouldn’t be an issue if the matchsizes were smaller.

Spoiler

I don’t care what anyone says, but multipath should still go back up for BRs below 12.0 tho, way too many planes with shitty RWRs and very little or no CMs are getting absolutely demolished right now

Eventually… they will map larger and larger brains of other creatures… when they get around to mapping small pets, thats when you will start to see Robotic life like pets… and that will be a crazy time…

3 Likes

Vidar (K9) gonna be the next M109/Sherman

• Indian K9 (Vajra-T) for Britain
  • Australian K9 (AS9 Huntsman) for US, since gaijin is so adamant on giving Britain Indian vehicles instead of actual Commonwealth nation vehicles
  • Polish K9 (Krab) for Germany
  • Romanian K9 (Tunet) for Italy
  • Egyptian K9 ( K9A1EGY) for Russia
  • Turkish K9 (Firtina) for Israel
  • Estonian K9 (Köu) for France
  • Korean K9 (Thunder) for Japan
  • No K9 ( 💀 ) for China, potential for a Vietnamese K9 in the future tho
Spoiler

I hope this never actually ends up happening

1 Like

No clue why Polish K9 should go to Germany, Turkish to Israel and Estonian to France.

I’d raise objections at the Romanian one too but that ship is long sailed

Polish K9 for Germany coz Leo 2PL
Turkish to Israel because proximity and people claiming Turkey would fit as a subtree for Israel
Estonian for France because… dunno, it was just left and fits better for France than for China

Its a joke anyways, I don’t want more Vidars, those things are bullshit

I would like to inform you that Krab is not a K9

Also Leo2PL went to Ger as there is no poland in the game so it went to the original manufacturer of the vehicle, so germany, no other ties.

2 Likes

Ehhh, it is a K9 chassis with a AS90 turret
Poland does have a regular K9 as well tho

Man, kinda wishing I had the F-14 right now, these guys are getting crazy amounts of free kills with the sale going and the multipathing reduced to 60m

The Japanese Self-Defense Forces do not absolutely trust Korean weapons, so it is impossible to deploy K9 in the Japanese tree

1 Like

Kind of hoping for a more ‘middle eastern’ inspired subtree, focusing on the more eastern oil nations just so I can have access to a Qatari Eurofighter in the Israeli tree or an Emirati Rafale.

1 Like

So we ignore the Polish P-47 in America as well as the ORP Garland and Polish Firefly for the UK?

I mean I get the joke, sure, but c’mon :p

Gaijin do be like that tho lol

1 Like

I mean, I don’t oppose any of those ideas. My ignorant ass would probably have combined Israel with Egypt and Jordan, but I don’t know anything about Israels relations with its neighbourhood

1 Like

10 Likes

Ban amna
Do it rotaté tho

1 Like

https://youtube.com/shorts/-J7byk7idg4?si=DyLHFnTwToYq4KW9
Anyone got the link of this custom mission?