Off Topic Discussion

Yeah, AMRAAM and equivalents shouldn’t be placed below 12.7 imo with the only possible exception being a harrier or something

Su-57 will come before stealth aircraft.
Could see Su-57 “soon” after Rafale is added.

@Miraz05
In War Thunder we play with increased observational ability in order to get us closer to how aware real pilots are to their surroundings.
This means that we’ll see the contrails of missiles, and as long as you’re a powerful enough platform to do a turn and stay above 800kph, then you can defeat any ARH in War Thunder.

F18e vs SU57 is going to be funny

Phoenix can get you some exceptional kills in game. Specially when they are lauched from 40 or 50 km, it can be quite difficult to spot them. AMRAAM and R-77 are going to be even better than AIM-54. Also we should consider the amount of missile that would be fired. Defending against 10 or 15 missiles isn’t going to be fun in a brick like the Phantom.

F-4 isn’t a brick. Compared to F-16 it is, compared to F-15E F-4 is nimble.

At least the F15 can fight back with it’s AMRAAMs. I understand a jet is going be a underdog in a uptier but facing modern ARH missiles would be too much for the third gens such as F4. It(Most variants) doesn’t even have all aspect ir missiles.

compared to a tornado its a very nimble

We’ll see. A simplified difference between AESA vs PESA is:

AESA:
•) Multiple Frequencies at once
•) Multiple directions at once
So each antenna can be tuned to a different frequency and pointed in a different direction.

PESA:
•) One direction at a time
•) One frequency at a time

So it would be very easy to tell when one is being buffed or nerfed to fit Escargot’s idea of “balance”

I guess 13.0 ~ 13.3 BR it might be modern 3rd gen fighter aircraft 90’s ~ 2010’s era and 4th gen fighter aircraft 2003 ~ 2010’s armed 5th gen infrared Air-to-Air Missile & medium-range active radar homing BVR Air-to-Air Missile range 100 km ~ 116 km

13.7 ~ 14.0 BR maybe early 4+ gen to 4++ gen fighter aircraft armed 5th gen infrared Air-to-Air Missile Maneuvering Capability 50G ~ 100G & can do 180 turn in 2.5s ~ 3.0s and active radar homing BVRAAM range 110 km ~ 200 km or longer

Let’s wait and see. At least I feel that Gaijin’s balance will be that all aircraft use pesa, and aesa will not be installed until the fifth generation aircraft.

Fifth and 4+ Gen. Because that’s neutering the Rafale and Eurofighter.
Planes like the F-15C and F/A-18 can be introduced in it’s non AESA iteration.

got a night battle boys

1 Like

yoooo

30000000 more matches to go

2 Likes

Sheesh new pfp SoonTM

im in another one

I might be displaying my ignorance here, but advanced PESA on Russian planes with Gen 4+ fire computers allows Russian and Chinese jets to target 2-4 planes at a time with ordnance, depending on what computer is on what plane.

Only thing in game that AESA will probably do is make long range detection and lock even easier, quicker, and stronger than before. The jamming advantages won’t make a difference until jamming becomes a part of the game (if it does).

Well on the old days Derby was atcually Darbye

Oh god not another spelling

next we gon find sth like Dærbye

1 Like