Off Topic Discussion

ima stay here, much less who goes where “discussion”

Do you know your family clan’s ?

Personally, I think 4th gen fighter 90’s ~ early 2000’s armed medium-range active radar homing BVR Air-to-Air Missile would be 12.7, modern 3rd gen aircraft with medium-range active radar homing BVR Air-to-Air Missile at least could be 12.3 BR

I very much hope that there won’t be any 12.3s with BVRAAMs as 11.3s have it bad enough already, but yes, there is a pretty big chance that gaijin doesn’t care about 11.3 and will just put BVRAAMs on 12.3s and maybe even 12.0s instead of raising the BR roof

JA37D Viggen, AV-8B Plus and Yak-141 up to 12.3 BR, but unsure Tornado F3 could get AIM-9L/i & AIM-120B this year ?

MiG-29SMT (9-19) increase to 12.7 this year and could be 13.0 after this year

Again, realistically there shouldn’t be any planes with BVRAAMs below the BR of 12.7, doesn’t matter if they are slow or sub-optimal airframes.

I don’t have any idea how exactly they are actually going to introduce BVRAAMs and the platform ratings. All we know is that all nations will receive access to BVRAAMs at the same time.

The best balancing approach would be to raise the max BR roof to 13.0 and have the weaker BVRAAM platforms be 12.7s. Optimally planes like the Yak-141, AV-8B Plus, Tornado F.3, etc would get a late variant with BVRAAMs instead of moving the existing variants up in BR

For those who want to admire a beauty in high def picture

Résumé

BB Richelieu, here with US AA refit, big zoom !
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/French_battleship_Richelieu_underway_in_the_Atlantic_Ocean_on_26_August_1943_(80-G-78789).jpg

And here the Jean Bart with French refit after ww2 (radar, dual57mm AA, dual 100mm secondary…)
I’m fan of the shape of the superstructure, looks futuristic.

yeah i don’t want to get AIM120ed in my f4s

But would you want to be MICAed? :p

I hope there is gonna be some sort of wall between fox3 capable planes and others, specially possible since they say everybody gonna have fox3 at the same time.

Yeah they need to be separate

oooooh like in the times of old

remember, 5000 years ago when F-4E just came out

long before radar guided anything was added

The distant past that is pre-PD War Thunder

For me the best solution is BVRAAM should be 13.0-13.3, then AESA plus modern BVRAAMs should be 13.7-14.0. But that’s just my perfect ideal solution. It could be implemented where non BVRAAMs can fight AESA.

Eh, it depends.

@Miraz05
Well R-77 is equally defeated by a Mirage 3 & F-16.
So 12.3 is possible for advanced ARHs. So it’s more along the lines of what BR do you choose to just never see them rather than balancing their power.

Ngl I don’t give a shit if ARHs are going to be easy to defeat or not.
They have to stop compressing BRs like this. There is more than enough stuff for 11.3s to worry about as is.

Russian Aesa has only one Su-57, the flankers are basically pesa

The biggest issue for a number of 11.3s is WVR as that’s where they really die.

I’m aware, unfortunately that’s Russia’s problem.
They shouldn’t hold back everyone because their development is technically incapable of developing AESA. So PESA is their equivalent and should be treated as such.

1 Like

No, gaijin will give the Russian plane a buff to make pesa more like aesa:)

1 Like

I dont think people would be happy to face AMRAAMs or R77 in third gens. Also what do you mean by R77 is equally defeated by a Mirage 3 & F-16? I mean in which circumstances?

I’m already struggle to fight F-16s and Mig 29s in my 11.3 F4J. I can’t imagine how hideous the state would be in the future.

1 Like