Oct 2024 balance change feedback

No missile in the game uses manual mode. They would wobble much more intensely if they did.

1 Like

Dont get this thread locked. Please don’t start any unnecessary arguments

Couldn’t agree more. Yes it has Aim-9Ms, but there’s a decent amount of battles that end before you can even get to use them.
Not to mention that lack of an air spawn and STOCK AIM-9Ls… it’s absolutely brutal…

Ariete’s still going up whilst still being the most ass MBTs is ridiculous, or the 2A5 being placed on the same BR as the 2A7 or the Swedish Leopards despite not being remotely as good is somehow not a giant red flag to Gaijin to actually decompress.

3 Likes

Yep, germanys a6/a7 are insane and completely handheld mbts.
But still, leo 2pl doesnt have same type of armor, this feels more like how to “boost” a4m sales up, while keeping that pl version worse.

AGS in 11.3.
M833 + 8 x magnification + gen1 FLIR + 8 ready round.
In real life, teledyne expeditionary tank has M68A1 gun with M833. But it has more ready ammo.Later teledyne AGS has EX-35 gun with M900 but fewer rounds.AGS has similar replenisher like MGS but Gaijin just refuse to add it.
Gaijin picked shortcoming of different varieties,and moves it up whole 2.0 for just 40mm pen

Worse FCS, worse mobility, doesn’t feature IRST, has a bigger profile. BMP-3 despite having more missile amount it takes longer to reload,

BMP-3 works better as sniper while BMD-4 can do the same but at same time can be a brawler too with the fast reloading missile but at lower count.

2 Likes

9.3? Not in your dreams, 3BM25 is a terrible round, either doesn’t have enough pen for 9.0 and 9.3 range nor post-pen damage.

I don’t know how the AH-64DJP moved to 11.7.
No IRCM no LWR no MAW only get 30 CM
It was the worst AH-64D variants

1 Like

America suffers post number 100

3 Likes

Theres no manual or automatic mode. The thing you’re thinking about just controls the missile trajectory: Lead or straight (Automatic picks one of the 2 or changes is midcourse)(Automatic is mostly useless)

The radar works somewhat akin to the khrizantena. If you get multiple tws tracks on the pansir the focused target may change and hop lock, and the missile will follow the lock, not the crosshair, unlike other spaa. I remember having trouble hitting a hovering apache because he was spamming hellfires and the tws was having seizures.

It also can carry twice as many missiles as the BMD-4, but it can’t use them in the autoloader so its way longer reload

poor T-72s getting lolpenned im so sad, its almost as if powerful APFSDS can kill older tanks easily

guys lets appreciate b-29 going down 🙏

Nice that you ignored everything else in the post really worthwhile engagement

did you want me to disagree with you saying the AIM-9M is good?

I have thought about this for some time, but only now have I been able to put it into words.

Gaijin’s reliance on statistics and “vehicle efficiency” is basically “affirmative action”, but for game balance. They are aiming for equity, not equality.

equality equity

Now bear with me, and try to think about this divorced from real life politics. This is a game balance discussion, not real life. What is best for real-life may be different from what is best for a competetive/recreational setting such as video games.

Equality would be to assign every vehicle an appropriate BR that corresponds to their actual capabilities, in effect giving players of all nations and all vehicles the same opportunity to perform.

Equity is what Gaijin is aiming to achieve right now, by assigning BRs to vehicles according to how well it’s players are able to use it.

If the players play too poorly in a specific vehicle, it is reduced in BR (buffed) until the players achieve an average performance. Conversely, if the players play too well in a vehicle, it is increased in BR (nerfed) until the players achieve an average performance.

This is why premium vehicles tend to be under-tiered, because they have a low bar of entry which means new players can play it right away without acquiring the skills needed to play well. Gaijin only looks at the statistics so they see the vehicle perform poorly, and decide to lower it’s BR.

For minor nations that mainly attract experienced players, the opposite is true. They end up with over-tiered vehicles which only experienced players can get to work, and drive inexperienced players away.

Why is this bad? Well, I believe this is approach is entirely unsuitable for a competetive game such as War Thunder. Vehicle balance should be entirely independent of the user/player, or else you end up with under-tiered vehicles that are tailored for the wider unskilled demographic, but which experienced players are able to exploit with balance-breaking consequences.

Imagine if real life sports and other competetive games tried to force equity? To force the same outcome for everyone? Balancing vehicles by performance statistics is equal to giving a worse runner a head start to a better runner.

8 Likes

I agree. Moving the A-10, all of them for that matter, up was a complete asinine move. You mean to tell me these planes have to suffer because a handful of players refuse to do anything but head on an aircraft that goes the same speed as a P-51? Gaijin themselves said the A-10As were already poor performers before being moved up and we’re suppose to give them all forward spawns. Anything to gimp US vehicles.

Absolute agree with the HSTV-L and 2S38. Either the 2S38 needs to go up to 11.3 or the HSTV-L needs to come down to 10.3. No idea what Gaijin is on thinking either of the current Bars for those vehicles are in the current spot. The 2S38 is far better in capability than its US counterpart.

Also agree with the A3 ammo. The five second reload was not the fix. It’s still perhaps the worst performing top tier MBT with just about everything, including a stern cough in its direction, being able to break the turret ring.

2 Likes

other 2s38 op crying post lmao

4 Likes

This thread might make me pull out the bingo sheet, I can tell there’s a few spaces filled already : )