Now that we have the Mig 29 (1983+), Yak 141 (1991), SU-39 (SU-25 Modernization Prototype 2008)

High rise windows and air travel within SAM range.

3 Likes

Forgot doorknobs and random people bumping into you

1 Like

How is that a problem when you have vehicles like Type 16 (2016 light tank) fighting vehicles from 50s-60s and its imaginary prototype fighting some of even Ww2 tanks.

Starting comparing and putting vehicles at BRs based of their years is worst idea ever. Imagine Panzer 3 woth short 50mm against early KV-1, or Tiger 1 against Sherman (not the jumbo).
Swedish Pvkv tanks against earliest T-54s.
Leopard 1 at same BR as T62.
Or if soviet prototypes or pre-serie vehicles get added like Japan for example has. We would have Leopard A1A1 being able to meet pre-serie versions of T80s. M60A1 AOS fighting T64A and T72.
Leopard 2A5 PSO (demomstration vehicle) fighting Obj 640 and Obj 195.

Theres a lot of soviet/post soviet vehicles that are not yet added and its rather good than bad.

Just slap 4 or 8 9M on that Typhoon, if they balance J-8F like that then it’s not out of mind for GB to get gimped Typhoon.

Typhoon DA2 could genuinely be added with 6x 9L and 2x SkyFlash but I think more likely our first will be Typhoon F2 with 6x 9L and 4-6 AMRAAM. 9Ms are actually quite rare on the British Tree. Mostly only used on Royal Navy aircraft (or those associated with it) the only exception being a brief window on the F3 (where they kept breaking them) So its 9L or ASRAAM for a lot of British aircraft, and I dont think we’ll see ASRAAM on the first Typhoon, at least not initially

(that being said. mostly likely not stock 9Ls, and instead 9Ls with IRCCM modules installed, so they should still be somewhat flare resistant)

1 Like
Arrived in Australia in 1973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hmd0BMMOks&ab_channel=MarkMatthews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVN_jc0NGJA&ab_channel=RodentFlyingFilms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEKXEeFE9Y&ab_channel=AviationSpottersOnline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUcpZJE050s&ab_channel=AustralianWarMemorial

Right, fair, the flight performance should makes up for the weapon anyway.

6 9L, 2 superTEMP, tornado but not brick.

I am surprised you guys are not fighting for L.O.A.L. with the British AIM-9Li or Aim-9M that are coming.

Would be good, but would require major rewrites of the code

1. No point whatsoever, and radars still need a LOT of tweaking before EW and stealth comes into play.
  2. I would wager on the 15A or 15C first, with the 15E being added as a counterpart much like the 14A to the 14B.
  3. I mean… There’s little to no point with the F-16 in the game, but that would be a nice addition to the attacker line.
  4. Yeah no.
  5. Do we not already have that?

The Su-39 is a modification of a vehicle with over 30 units in service. 33 estimated, though the reports are few and far between. Even then, there is no reason whatsoever to compare the 25TM to the F-15E.

I mean… that’s what they’re doing right now. They added an American Multi-Role vehicle and a counter to that, and they’re currently sprucing up trees to prepare for the introduction of more aircraft and a much wider BR range. This current dev server is the “preparation” phase.

2S38 is 2020, BVM is 2014.
Germany is getting a 2006 vehicle, as well as already having vehicles from 2015, 2010, AA from 1991 and 1997, and a 2016 MBT that’s open for ANYBODY to research.

F-4J we have in-game is 1978< [whenever HMD was tested].
And MLD we have is 1978 - 1982 as well, so no real difference.

@ARK_BOI
Everything Soviets have in WT other tech trees already have or have had for longer.
Mig-29SMT with a good PD radar? France & USA had those radars first.
IRCCM? USA & Soviets getting it at the same time, possibly alongside France.
Good all-aspects? Everyone but Soviets.
Thermal MBTs? Soviets don’t get those until 10.3 in the tech tree.

VTAS / AIM-7F was implemented on production airframes beginning Block 46; which dates it to late 1969 not 1978. So, yes there is quite a difference.

That’s why I started at 1978 as the estimate, since first Aim-7F use was by the USAF in 1976, but Navy wasn’t cited to I estimated 78 with a margin of error of 2 years.

The F-15A was first delivered in late 1974 (reference claims November, F-15A SAC claims December) .
AIM-7F Full Rate production was authorized in October it’s very likely that USAF was additionally provided Pre-production rounds beforehand as the F-15A/B’s never used the AIM-7E as that would otherwise be indicated on the SAC as Growth potential.

The AIM-7F SAC is a USN derived document so likely refers to their own stocks being delivered in 1976 as that aligns with the F-14A’s deployment to CSG’s and using AIM-7E’s during FREQUENT WIND Though I couldn’t say with absolute certainty since ITO&E was completed 1974.

F-14A VF-1 (2)

F14A, F14B, and F14D all carried Aim-9M. Source from the TM:

Imgur

2S38 isn’t in use yet and probably never will be, nor will it perform as advertised.

This is 100% truth. I am not sure they have the resources now to produce them. But the problem with these prototypes is that their performance is a wild ass guess.

How is this any different to the hstvl. I hope both get deleted if you want my opinion

Because we actually spend years performance testing and trialing aircraft and vehicles. Example:

russian Object 279. This tank was trialed one time, failed miserably and cancelled.

YF-23 for the USA was trialed for years.
B-12B for the USA was trialed for years, and even flown around the world (a test aircraft that was armed was lost over the China Sea).