Now that we have the Mig 29 (1983+), Yak 141 (1991), SU-39 (SU-25 Modernization Prototype 2008)

Serves me right for being lazy.

The real 20 year gap was when the F4E (1960) and F4J (1961) were fighting the MiG-23 MLD (1982)

1 Like

Which aren’t in game and likely won’t ever be

Would they actually even add an aircraft with no way to engage in A2A combat?

As far as I know, the F-14B bombs were received only in 1994

Why do you pay so much attention to the Su-39? In fact, this is just a copy of the Su-25T which was produced in 1991

They will presumably come as a British alternative to the AIM-9M

I can tell you it won’t come for a long time, if ever, do remember Britain tax

2PL didn’t even have DM63 the round it supposed to use meanwhile BVM run around with 3BM60 from 2010

1 Like

lol, why not f22 and f35 while you are at it. So let me guess you want EF Typhoon vs mig29? Do you belive this is fair and balanced?

Tbh i’m sick of excuse from Gaijin when it come to adding stuff
They can add everything to Russia much as they want no matter how new or advanced it is
But when come to other nation?
“Too Advanced!!” “Too good for the game!!”
What are they afraid of?

3 Likes

Russia: receives handicapped Su-25 modernisation

DocUSMC: gib F-22

3 Likes

Soviets have a 2024 tank at 10.0.

So thats 30+ years ahead of equivalent British tanks at that BR, so assume its the same for other nations

J8-F is 2003. The year equivalent would be the EF Typhoon, but we have Tornados that still have 1980s weapons, but the radar from 1996. but should have had Aim-9M in 1991 and AMRAAM should have come with that new radar and shouldnt be more than a “year or 2” from ASRAAM being fitted to them (1998)

The gap varies from nation to nation, but for most its around a 10-20 year gap and the gap is needed to keep the balance.

We cannot forget that the BMP-2M went into service around 2019. So they actually have two at that BR.

3 Likes

Current SU39 can be taken as SU25T just for reason of it not getting weaponry choices it has in real life compared to in-game.

BMP-2M has been produced for export since 2005

That is wrong.

“The Russian Defence Ministry placed a ten-year contract with KBP for the supply of 540 modernised BMP-2M and BMD-2 airborne vehicles in 2017.”

"The state tests of the upgraded BMP-2M IFV fitted with the Berezhok combat module were completed in December 2019. "

“The upgraded BMP-2M vehicles were delivered to the 40th marine brigade of the Pacific fleet in January 2020.”

They are using the latest model in game, with all of the upgrades. It is a 2020 vehicle.

How is the Algerian BMP-2M different from the Russian BMP-2M?

How is the Ukranian BMP-2MD different from the russian? Or the Indian army version? Likely they are not. Well except the Ukranian has anti-thermal paint and a couple other things the russian version doesn’t. But mostly they are the same.

They also have fuel

1 Like

And an army of used/recycled old drones off Ebay that seem to be the most devastating weapon in this war.

1 Like