No Air RB Rework or Air RB EC on the 2024 Roadmap

Thanks for yet another small glimpse of hope

2 Likes

nah we prefer better games thanks

1 Like

Air RB around BR 9.0 up is a total mess… I cant believe Gaijin continue to ignore pleads for rework.

5 Likes

I really miss when top BR was 9.0 :(

It was still unbalanced but, was waaaaaay better than current clusterfuck.

5 Likes

I really thought that after the last roadmap Gaijin will kick it off.

1 Like

I’m uping this topic after playing SIM EC, it’s really hard with mouse and no head tracking but the game mode is really good, fun and more engaging.

Now i don’t see why anyone would be against a RB EC, for the devs everything is already ready, just adapt it to RB (3rd person view, blue marker for allies, no red markers for ennemis, and rb control)

You can still leave the ARB mode as it is for now for people who wants fast pacing games and create a new RB EC mode for people who want to play it.

4 Likes

I don’t care if additional modes are added, but Air RB is my favourite mode and I absolutely do not want to see radical changes that alter the core of what it’s supposed to be.

Adjusting the spread/locations of airfields, bases, and AI does sound reasonable though.

Its meuh. ARB should be split into one pure fight team deathmatch without any AI, and another such as sim ec with objectives for every type of aircrafts including helicopters.

The gap of difficulty between ARB and air sim is to much to take for most players, when arcade and realistic are almost the same, it doesnt make sense.

2 Likes

No thanks, either of those options sound far less fun to me.

It’s good as it is, and both alternatives would be worse.

A pure fighter-only deathmatch would be "no items, fox only, final destination" levels of bland and simplistic game design. Having AI ground targets, AI air targets, player strike aircraft, player bombers provide variety, and importantly give fighters something to go for besides enemy fighters.

I don’t mean this as “to be fighter food”, but rather serve positioning and movement purposes in terms of general game flow, such as fighters climbing after bombers or diving after attackers or AI. This is essential to the mode, otherwise we end up with the hyper-tryhard “duel at ten paces” style of engagments I already aluded to. Managing all these variety of situations in the same match is infinitely more interesting.

As for EC, all these request seem to boil down to is people wanting to play a PvE mode with zero chance of other players stopping them, which runs against the spirit of a primarily PvP game like WT. Just because a vehicle isn’t intended for offensive use against others of its type, doesn’t mean it should be immune from being in situations it’s not meant for.

Sometimes strike aircraft or bombers have to fight other players, just like sometimes gun-only fighters have to clean up ground targets. This is good, as it encourages adapability and trying one’s best despite being at a disadvantage.

Mostly these PvE concepts end up sounding like a singleplayer game, not a multiplayer one.

Adjustments and tweaks to the existing concept are always good, but Air RB as a core concept does not need replacing or alternatives.

1 Like

No. Hard no.
Both unrealistic and removing an already fun game mode for a worse one and a slower one.

1 Like

No, we want EC because the PvP will be more enjoyable there. I don’t care about PvE, I only want to fight other players, and the current 16v16 clusterfuck does not let me enjoy the PvP.

1 Like

There’s literally nothing unrealistic about what he said with “ec with objectives for every type of aircrafts including helicopters”, stop trolling.

3 Likes

This is wrong. The EC environment offers a place for multirole aircraft to have a fun PvP experience. You can drop your ordinance, then go find players to launch your missiles at, and help complete other objectives. You still have to be mindful of enemies. To me, multirolling can be one of the most fun and rewarding experiences in the game. For those of us that don’t play ground forces, but want to use our multirole aircraft, EC is the place to be.

I multirole to participate in all facets of battle. I don’t do it to avoid conflict…

7 Likes

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Not only is it more enjoyable, it’s more realistic.

Everyone has different expectation of course.

What I described is just what we have in sim EC but with arb gameplay, nothing fancy. I dont say they should remove the current mode, add another one.

Pure team deathmatch is already the case in ARB with or without AI and bases. Sorry I am surprised that some players love this. But I suspect that you like it because newbies playing bombers hoping to have fun in ARB are easy kills for you in your fighter, isnt it?
A lot of feedbacks suggest it should be more oriented PvP. I would prefer to remove them entirely also, I think its useless.

Helicopters : some of them have air-to-air, they actually have to protect themselves against fixed-wings in real life situations, it happens as they share the same space, so why not? I dont say you should be forced to play heli but have the option. It would be better than playing heli PvE because it cannot be worst.

2 Likes