There are certain shells and gun launched ATGMs, but I really can’t think of any ammo that both hasn’t been added and would be useful
CBUs or a new seeker type would make the most sense for interpretation
I’d imagine cluster weapons, based on the initial Nuclear Thunder event, though I still don’t know how they would implement that in a way that would be balanced, useful and not server frying at the same time
Hey guys so what will l expect for the upcoming update ?
There balance I think would come from having to fly kinda high to get hte most out of them, Which then leaves you quite vulnerale to any AA (500 ft I think is a fairly normal min alt for them), with the greater spread, the higher you drop from. So they kinda self balance a bit. They can also be given a maximum oepning alt, that limits the spread a bit.
So from a GRB PoV, I dont think they would be that bad, and in a lot of cases, there already guided weapons just as effective. Only really a few around 9.X would see the greatest buff from it I think, and then there is BR to balance that (Tonkas definetly wont be staying at 9.7 though)
In ARB, they are definetly needed, attacking a convoy with normal bombs is such a waste of time, because even good hits dont do anything anymore. (I was messing with PW4s on the GR4 in NE and I got way fewer kills than I should have done)
Server frying is the more interesting issue, though they fixed the game crashing when a battleship opened up with all its AAs, so Im sure they can probably do it with CBUs as well
Outisde of this:
and other things mentioned in the post.
Im hoping for:
- More aircraft to get ASMs (both new and already existing ASMs)
- More aircraft to get ARMs (both new and already existing ARMs)
- More vehicles to get Regen steering
- More SAM ships added for nations that dont have them yet
- Maybe Submarines
- ECM (or at least a beta test of TRDs)
- New soviet wunderwaffen
The thing with GRB is how incredibly random they would be and how huge the risk of friendly fire is
In air-only modes and even in naval, I don’t have any concerns beyond server/client performance with the larger cluster bombs
No higher than any of the mega bombs or a F-111 or B-52 dumping a load of 2k/3k bombs respectively likely are. Heck Canberra with 2x 4k bombs still probably more dangerous than something like a Jaaaaaag with 8x BL755s would be in that respect
I think worrying about players being idiots and TKing is a recipe to just end up with nothing but nerf guns.
Anyone dumb enough to keep TKing with CBUs would just get banned eventually
Hey. I am always excited for what’s coming. I am just not excited about the pings that come with that period.
What would the bomb spread of a large cluster bomb be?
With a FAB-9000, a 12000lb Cookie Bomb or any of the smaller, but still large bombs, you at least know that the bomb will land in a specific spot and the range at which the bomb is guaranteed to kill is consistent
With hundreds of bomblets just landing in somewhat random spots, you have a much larger radius at which properly armoured vehicles can still be killed and you cannot rely on cover “hopefully” saving allies
Obviously people should always take care when carpet bombing or dropping large bombs, but I just can’t trust people to make sure that a radius of like 500m is safe to drop a bomb onto
Smin POV: when its Dev blog season…

but what about the challenger 2 ready rack?
Reload rate is a “soft-balance factor”
Challenger 2 players are too good at the game
Spread is dictated by the opening altitude, so could be given a cap, a max height in which it can open, with launch conditions like those found on torpedos to ensure certain minimum release conditions as well.
Drop too low, it doesnt deploy.
Drop from higher and it doesnt deploy until a set alt
Cant drop over a certain speed
cant drop below a certain speed
could even be given level flight requirement so that you also cant loft them.
That then gurantees a certain size and distribution and is fairly predictable
After that, its just an interface problem, just needs to be given a dedicated CCIP reticle and not the same generic one they use for all existing bombs (even weapons like glide bombs)
Are you excited for F-30EX typhoon that is coming in the next update?
he made a statement
worst top tier tank and still doing just as good as a 2a7 somehow :)

Will we get a firepower boost in some way in top tier
Day 1315 of waiting for Polish tech tree
He doesn’t need devblog season just seen around nine people to ping him about moving their bug reports lol
