Next Major Update - Rumor Roundup & Discussion

Lot

1 Like

6th gen we don’t even know anything about. We don’t even know what the F-47 actually looks like ffs.

I also mentioned that part. Right now Gaijin’s focus is top tier. But once they add everything possible for top tier, they will have to start looking back at older vehicles again.

I wouldn’t say dozens. As far as I know, the only unique airframe left to add is the new South Korean KF-21. Everything else is just slight upgrades to already existing airframes. Better engines, radars, missiles, etc. Just to list all the ones I can think of, theres the F-15EX, SU-35, EFT T5, Rafale F4, and later models of the Gripen E. And the EFT T5 is just an upgrade for the cockpit IIRC (so only useful for sim), and the Rafale F4 wouldn’t bring anything new because Gaijin decided to give all the improvements of the F4 (2 extra micas, better engine) to the F3 already.

5th gens also don’t have many additions. Everybody but China and Russia gets at least 1 F-35, the US gets the F-22, Russia gets the SU-57 and SU-75, and China gets the J-20 and J-35.

And Israel with the Delilah versions that were added in the last update.

1 Like

The “list of previously suggested xxxx” posts are being edited, we’re probably about to get the suggestions passed to devs post :)

I just realized I accidentally replied to you renzo. Oops lol

3 Likes

Also, that part of the text was rescinded.

5 Likes

I think it’s infantry (unfortunately)

They are Japanese prototypes I believe even the Turkish KAAN

All F-35 variants, all Su-57 variants, maybe if Gaijin wants to go to the extreme they were European prototypes that never got completed

1 Like

Imagine Japan getting everyones 5th gen lol

Japanese F-35’s & Tempest
Malaysian Su-57’s
Indonesian KAAN & KF-21

2 Likes

Already has most 4 gen, why not?

2 Likes

Not Indonesia tho nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Someone in Indonesia loves Ace Combat and he’s life mission is Indonesia to collect all of them

3 Likes

Plus the way Indonesia is on a buying spree currently we could even see the J-10 lol

2 Likes

ive heard that the F177 got like new A2G ordinance, is that true? Can we see it one day in WT, it would spice the F117 a lot

Guys, remeber this vid: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rnPVaicelAc

and this from BVV_d post?
I dont want to say it is a hint, but it is very suspicious. (I think somebody did say talk about this video, but idk what they said)

The vehicles they use in those vids are not teasers for vehicles to actually come. That is more than likely just a user model from live.warthunder.com

2 Likes

Sadly no Japanese prototype 4.5th gen unless Gaijin allow a single composite wing and some radar arrays built for pre-F-2 FS-X as enough to be added to the game.

The winning Mitsubishi FS-X design was a lot different from what came from the joint FS-X with Lockheed. It would’ve been a twin tail, twin engine, cranked arrow wing canard aircraft, more similar to European designs around the same time. This was unfortunately cancelled due to US political pressure building on the projected production costs.

Armament


Armament would’ve included the capacity for up to four ASMs mounted under the fuselage, as well as wingtip SRMs as seen on the scale model. The initial plan also likely included a 4+4 configuration of ASMs and MRMs, as this was initially carried over to the final F-2 as seen by the inner pylons capability for ASMs and the earlier attempt to mount AIM-7s to the outer wing pylon. Those four MRMs would likely be carried under the wing, though I can’t find any proper depiction of this during development.


Here the scale model is shown with a more complete loadout including 4 ASMs, two fuel tanks and two wingtip SRMs. This would eventually be the standard anti-shipping loadout of the final F-2 as well.

image
Three radar arrays were built for it, one main “A” radar for the nose, as well as “B” and “C” radars for the fuselage and wing leading edges that would likely be part of the RWR system.

Other image


I haven’t seen this scale model here before at all. The previously known one has a different stand and color scheme. I can’t quite tell if this is a museum/hobby reconstruction or simply AI so I’ll just folder it here.

But sadly, as much as I like it, I think information (alongside the “prototype”) might be a bit too incomplete for it to be added. American political pressure sadly ruined this dream for us…

3 Likes

Isn’t that the moral of the western world at this point lol

Someone makes a decent domestic fighter the US goes ape, then the project is quietly dropped and the country in question has suddenly got US jets.

3 Likes

Indonesia is currently only planning to operate Block 2 IF-21s, so those would add up to the 4.5th gens, not gen 5. There does seem to be a genuine chance for F-X 26DMU though (source is I want it) so maybe add that instead.

3 Likes

Indonesian inspired Flanker is also now in the new Ace Combat, so they even got those devs to notice it now.

1 Like

If only they built the naval F-117 with AMRAAMs

Kh-59ME is a cruise missile

1 Like