Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

WELCOME to the War Thunder - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion Thread!

Here you can discuss everything related to the upcoming major update, including rumors, data mines, and dev blogs.

However, please AVOID these types of discussions:

Wishlisting. Some examples:

• “I want the F-22 next update!”
  • “Gaijin where are these vehicles!!!” <lists 10 vehicles they want in the game>

There’s a separate thread for this here

Vehicle spec discussions, such as armour, ammo, ordnance, guns, data sheets, performance. Some examples:

• “I hope for these vehicles, they will balance the game. They have XYZ ordnance and will counter the XYZ!”
  • 2 page discussions about what type of ammo a new tank in a dev blog will get. Now this is fine for the most part since a vehicle in the dev blog is part of the next update, however it can escalate into completely other discussions so do be careful!

There’s plenty of threads for these discussions here.

Bug reports, issues, suggestions, feedback for dev-server or testing. Some examples:

• “Abrams is missing its thermals. However that’s not meant to be as it had this historically. Smin fix this!!!”
  • “I think that Challenger 3 would be a good addition to British Ground tree, here are the specs for it”
  • “This thing is bugged on the dev server, devs please fix it!”

You can make a bug report here and suggestion here. When the dev server is up, use the DEV Server Section for feedback.

Not avoiding these example discussions will mean your post is likely to be hidden by a moderator. Any continuation after that might mean you get a warning.

You must remember that this is the most popular and active thread on the forum. Its aim is to put all of the next update’s information in one place so it can be discussed amongst the community. Other discussions like outlined in the examples above can be discussed in proper forum sections. Often official Gaijin members will respond on this thread so do be sure to remain respectful! Otherwise they may just stop. Please also remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinions on what may be coming. If you follow the forum rules, you’ll be okay!

Please use the Alpha Strike Thread to discuss the “Air Superiority” Major Update. Complaining here won’t solve anything and is considered off-topic.

Frequently Asked Questions

Click to reveal

Q: What is this thread about?

• This thread is about the upcoming major update and future content.

Q: Will you add… (insert thing here)?

• No. We are not developers, just nosy players.

Q: Why isn’t (insert vehicle) on the list?

• Either because there is no evidence that this vehicle may be added, or because no one told me that there is such evidence.

Q: Why is (vehicle/feature) on the Denied list?

• Because said feature or vehicle was denied by Gaijin developers or their representatives at some point in the past.

Q: Where did my post go?

• Off-Topic comments will often be removed to keep this thread readable and on topic. No need to be alarmed or comment if your post disappears. If you are concerned, contact a Forum Moderator or Senior Forum Moderator privately.

Q: What if I don’t want to read all the comments to find out what will come?

• Read the OP. It will remain frequently updated with new information as it comes in.

General overview of stuff collected over time (Updated frequently)

Click to reveal

Warning: This list has not been updated for “Alpha Strike” yet. It will be updated within the next day.

Items that have been confirmed officially by Gaijin will have confirmed preceding them.

Aviation

Click to reveal

General

United States

Germany

Russia / Soviet Union

Great Britain

Japan

China

Italy

France

Sweden

Israel

• empty :(

Ground Forces

Click to reveal

General

• Regenerative steering - Source
  • Time fused shells - Source 1 / Source 2
  • Damage model of wheeled vehicles for damage to suspension and wheels - Source
  • Single player ground campaign in the works - Source
  • New Japan map - Source

United States

Germany

Russia / Soviet Union

Great Britain

Japan

China

Italy

France

Sweden

Israel

Naval

Click to reveal

General

• New naval game modes - Source
  • Texture updates for PT boats’ 37mm M4. - Source
  • turret_130mm_bl109a_twin and turret_305mm_sm31_triple? - used on “Stalingrad” class Heavy Cruiser - Source

United States

Germany

Russia / Soviet Union

• Stalingrad - Source
  • Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya - Source
  • “9M39 Igla on MPK pr.12412 currently WIP, to receive feature in a future update”

Great Britain

• Fairmile D (601) (“bigcaptain”) - Source
  • Fairmile D (617) (“bigcaptain”) - Source

Japan

China

• confirmed Plans for the Chinese navy - Source

Italy

• MS74 Serie 2a (Torpedoboat) - Source
  • Sparviero (P 420) (art) - Source

France

Helicopters

Click to reveal

General

United States

Germany

Russia / Soviet Union

Great Britain

• Wessex HU. Mk. 5 - Source 1 / Source 2
  • confirmed Plans to develop the British helicopter research tree - Source
  • confirmed Considering more helicopters, specifically the Westland Wessex - Source

Japan

China

Italy

France

Sweden

Israel

Submarines

Click to reveal

General

• Submarines unclear - Q&A so far said either “not now” or “not yet”. Submarines might come eventually since they were in April Fools 2018.
  • Submarines might be in the works due to this evidence: - Source 1 / Source 2 / Source 3

Other

Click to reveal

General

Nations & Sub Trees

• New playable nation(s) SoonTM - Source
  • More sub trees coming, no details on release time - Source
  • Poland may be in the works, but no specific plans - Source

Unclear

Click to reveal

Generally unclear

Please remember to keep on-topic and respect each other.
Thank you!

9 Likes

Ok… open for Business…

7 Likes

It has been add in Alpha Strike

so now that Thai aircraft are in the Jap tree and AMRAAM are comfirmed for next major do you think we’ll see another Air focused update?

I mean it’s about time for a Naval update

I want the F-22 next update!

17 Likes

He may not be around for a little bit, but he will catch up and edit stuff later, continue to feel free to mention amendments tho guys o7

5 Likes

Welp, now its time for infinite spam posts about the upcoming SPAMRAAMs. The thread is gonna be feisty.

Enough to reach part 5?

I mena the thai F5 brings a serious fermenting ground for this round so I guess

Hello

Servus

devblogs when?

5 Likes

~ 3 months

Btw it was ether two last comments or spam EAP lol.

But ether way it’s nice to see you around again

1 Like

moin

how about
Mirage G time ?

6 Likes

Well another Air Focused Update wouldnt be far off the mark i think.

As for Naval, the only thing for now would be Submarines i assume, so that you can call it a Naval “focused” Update.

As for the moment, im more interested in what they have in Store for April Fools this year