Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion

No, I attempted to prove the opposite, to “prove” that assuming that the Igla performs as laid out specifically in the MANPADS article, The FIM-92 (and potentially other modern MANPADS, would need to prove that they have a closed loop autopilot, or have dithering control surfaces to be applicable, but i didn’t have anything to hand for other systems like the Mistral) doesn’t behave the same way.

So basically since we already have primary documentation for the FIM-92, it should not have its loading limit averaged as the Igla does. and be limited as directly listed in said sources.

I also happened to have on hand two primary sources.

FIM-92 Sources

FIM-92A

But yes @Gunjob is a god.

4 Likes

AIM-120C-5 and R-77-1 for next major update ? 🤔

I guess in the future another ARH such as AIM-54C+ Phoenix, AIM-120C-3 & AIM-120C-4 AMRAAM, SD-10, SD-10A, I-Derby and RVV-SD

Maybe another 5th gen WVRAAM from EU, british, USA, japan, chinese and isreal

In the future, I might hope short-range anti-radiation missile before medium-range & long-range anti-radiation missile

hopefully not sure how they would balance it, I would hope they would give them to things like the ICE and tornado first but we know they are gonna add like the Australian F18 with ASRAAMs or some thing

Gaijin will still say its not reliable enough

yep but someone will send in some blurry ass image of a scribble on a table cloth from a designer that might have looked at the Strela and buff it to 40Gs

1 Like

They’re both China. PRC is the sub tree of ROC.

And now I’m not allowed in PRC anymore

1 Like

well, now we only need to wait until the mighty snail gods look over it again to deny it for whatever reason once again

It was already a contentious issue when the original report came in, that even got an (evidently somewhat erroneous) article written.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/BZtiBBaH7uwL

If Content Creators / Reddit (Feel free to link both reports over there, or any other servers to get eyes on it if you want) decide to make an issue of it(the same way the did with current Team sizes / Multipath discussions) I have feeling they may fold pretty easily considering the state of SHORAD for most nations being fairly / comparatively lacking at high tiers (e.g. Italy / Israel) and so any improvement in capabilities, could be a useful balancing tool going forward especially in the face of encroaching CAS capabilities.

Just wait for Tripod’s Bug report to result in IGLA buffs instead of Stinger Buffs

2 Likes

I predict it might be attack aircraft 12.7 and 4th gen fighter at 13.3 armed 5th gen IR AAM

Tornado F.3 late from great britain tech tree launched ASRAAM ?

well depends on the variant but considering gaijin is calling it the “late” we can assume its the most modern one so yes it should be able to fire the ASRAAM as well as AIM-120C-5s

All Tornado F3s were upgraded with ASRAAM at the same time that they received AMRAAM. So if it has AMRAAM it should have ASRAAM.

They had Aim-9Ms during Desert Storm in 1991 and technically the Tornado F3 “early” should have Aim-9M. But its all BR balancing issues

1 Like

Best guess is that they went with “late” instead of AOP or FSP so that they can upgrade it with Aim-120C5s in the future

yeah pretty much so sad the proposed WSU never happened

would have been amazing to have a tornado with an ERC-90 EJ200s, ASRAAMs and AIM120-C5

Stinger nerfed to 5g

1 Like

Good luck with your bug report

Well they’ve already tried to mark it as not a bug (The opening paragraph made it clear that it was a WIP,. but the mod obviously didn’t read it anyway, just noticed the lack of “sources”), because I didn’t want to lose an hours worth of writing it up, so submitted early and hadn’t yet attached the sources / excerpts as needed, since I needed to manually process; Four PDFs & Three Technical reports, then find (the wrong) cover page for one of the primary sources that I didn’t have to hand.

Run into the Character limit for the portal 3 times, and need to somehow rewrite things of a technical nature to make them more concise, and yet still make things make sense.

Find out you can’t attach more then 10 separate files, panic a little since I’ve got almost 30 files to add
(Figured out an archive (e.g. “.zip” , or “.rar”) counts as one.

3 Likes

@Morvran btw do you have any idea what aircraft carried the ASRAAM P3I, considering it was a direct competitor to the AIM9X so maybe thrust vectoring?

No idea what the ASRAAM P3I is. But aircraft that carried ASRAAM:

Jaguar Gr3A
Tornado Gr4
Tornado F3
Sea harrier FA2
Harrier Gr7/9
BAE Hawk
Typhoon

It effectively is a subtree past rank 5, even if it technically isn’t. Also, the flag of China in game is ccp one so ROC kinda is a subtree anyways