Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Not literally the strela missile at 9.0? Like being on a SAM makes any difference but somehow people forgot about it

So your suggestions confirm that python 5 is 80g. ok ill check it out.

Yh but i suggest you check the documents cuz i dont think i stated that in my writting, the documents will still be read by the devs if anything

Strela isn’t IIR is it?

No, we have 3 types of IRCCM in game. 9M turn off when flare, multiple AAMs FoV shrink,and the last one on IR guided AtG weapons, that simply ignore flares. They are not interacting with them.

Python 5

Length: 3.1m
Width: 0.16m
Fin span: 0.64m
Weight: 105kg
Maximum Speed: Mach 4
Minimum Range: 400m
Maximum Range: 40km: A test launch at mach .6 at 7600m hitting a target approaching mach .8 and 3050m 28km away .(Up to 15km when ground launched)
Propulsion: ND-10 Motor 80kN Boost Sustain motor.
Seeker capabilities: Imaging seeker dual waveband with 320*240 pixel, 100° Gimbal limit.
Warhead: 11kg blast frag
Guidance Type: LOBL, LOAL, INS, LOFTING,DATALINK.
Maneuvering Capability: 50g single plane and 70g dual plane. The missile likely uses dual plane. Can do a 180° turn in 3s.

ASRAAM Block 1

Length: 2.9m
Width: 0.166m
Fin span: 0.45m
Weight: 88kg
Maximum Speed: Mach 3+
Minimum Range: 200m
Maximum Range: 50km (Up to 16km when ground launched)
Propulsion: Solid rocket motor with low smoke
Seeker capabilities: Imaging seeker with 128*128 pixels with 90° gimbal.
Warhead: 10 kg blast frag
Guidance Type: LOBL, LOAL, INS, LOFTING, DATALINK.
Maneuvering Capability: Around 50g dual plane. The missile likely uses dual plane. Can do a 180° turn in ?s. Managed to shoot down a target behind the fighter at a range in excess of 5km at low altitude.

IRIS-T

Length: 2.9m
Width: 0.127m
Fin span: 0.45m
Weight: 87.4kg
Maximum Speed: Mach 3+
Maximum Range: 25km (Up to 10-12km max range and 6km altitude when ground launched)
Propulsion: Solid fuel rocket motor (High boost, Low thrust for initial turn, High thrust for max speed, Low thrust sustainer).
Seeker capabilities: Dual band imaging seeker based around a 128 x 2 array which uses a scanning mirror to build a larger picture (effectively a 128*128 pixels 80 times per second) .90° Gimbal limit.
Warhead: 11.4kg blast frag
Guidance Type: LOBL, LOAL, INS, DATALINK.
Maneuvering Capability: 60 to 80G with TVC. 1/2 the turning radius of the R-73. Can do a 180° turn in 2s.

Aim-9X Block 1

Length: 3.02m
Width: 0.127m
Fin span: 0.445; 0.353m (canard span)
Weight: 86kg
Maximum Speed: Mach 2.5
Maximum Range: 25-30km
Propulsion: MTI/ Hercules MK.139
Seeker capabilities: Imaging seeker with 128*128 pixels with 90° gimbal.
Warhead: 9.4 kg WDU-17/B annular blast-fragmentation
Guidance Type: LOBL, (INS?)
Maneuvering Capability: 60G with TVC. Can do a 180° turn in 2.5s.

Data thanks to: (WIP) Modern IR (FOX2) Missile - History, Performance & Discussion

1 Like

I can probably find the source rn but its 1 AM and cant be bothered atm

In that case bookmark the comment and replay to him later instead of making a fool of yourself

@simbadumba ✡︎History, Design, and Performance of Israeli Air-to-Air Missiles - Israel - War Thunder - Official Forum this might have it its from the guy above^^^^

Yes, and Python 4 as well as Magic 2 should allegedly combine seeker shut off and IFOV in the same seeker. I think that’s the next step before we get to IIR

But i literally said that im on phone and cant be bothered rn so its not like…

But so i did

Well, it is yet to be implemented. We will have to wait a little for that. And a long time for IIR. It would need to come with the “big-boom flares” (phyrohoric iirc)

Allegedly AAM-3 is getting IR/UV. That would only increase it’s lock ranges against planes/helis against the sky, correct? It wouldn’t provide any IRCCM benefits.

It stated a different G load than what you said :I

1 Like

The big problem with all these nice heatseeking friendship sticks is that the planes carrying them can’t actually pull the same way they are actually able to in game.

Case and point, and it’s already a problem now, is the lack of controllable maneuverability to put oneself into different maneuvers easily.

Pugachev’s cobra, Kvochur’s bell, etc., will probably get you killed for executing them, but the ability to just jerk back as hard as you can on the metaphorical stick and pull beyond what the instructor wants to let you do so that you can try to dodge something incoming, terrain, friendship sticks, spicy rain, etc.

You just wont dodge some things, but the Flanker family will not get that single pull “all-in” attempt to lock, and most maneuverable jets in game will not be pulling the tightest circles they’re otherwise capable of doing. Top-tier gameplay with these advanced IR missiles is basically just going to be slightly tighter, boring HOBS fox-1 shots. That assumes anyone even gets into a furball either.

It would. It would be like a Stinger. Flares are IR based, not UV. It would greatly increase resistance to flares, unless the sight of the target is completly lost in the flare

This is one of the reasons why I don’t like to play top tier lol

Where in the code does that even show? All I see is that Stinger has IFOV + seeker shut off. Same on Mistral.

There are flares that produce UV emissions to fool modern seekers. They’re just quite new.