Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Ayo, M22 on steroids

2 Likes

Okay, for missiles in-game that allegedly has IR/UV, where does it show that they have increased flare resistance? Type 91 allegedly had IR/UV implemented and what I recall is that only a new line regarding lock distance was added.

They’re rather late… block 2 stingers include imaging infrared seeker already

No, Type has Photocontrast, so a TV guidence, Strela has the same option. UV is not in the game yet, so the Stinger just shrinks FOV GREATLY.

1 Like

whenever gajin fancies, they are out of meta and cant be anticipated anymore

Optical not UV…, AAM-3 IRCCM would be a whole new system not in game yet

1 Like

Soon™

Great and wonderful Smin, are there any plans to introduce interceptors like the mig-25 or f-106 in War Thunder in the future? If so, when do you think it will be? I really want to see them soon!

3 Likes

@gszabi99_HUN I missed your reply but, I see.

What about the other leaks that also claim they’re from “Russian CCs” that include Type 90 premium and the like? Fake?

Admittedly I do find it odd that our trustworthy leakers have more or less omitted Japan. Though, I suppose it’s hardly surprising if what we’re getting isn’t interesting enough to be put on the leak lists.

2 Likes

Wait. Am i tripping or i saw that message previously…

Probably the Mutsu

1 Like

i saw it too

Absolutely want to see them too…

Maybe we’re tripping

Type 91 has received a combined visible light/IR contrast seeker similar to the Strela. This seeker is much more efficient in detecting targets in high contrast conditions (daylight), however struggles in low contrast (night or low flying targets).

UV on the other hand would function rather similar to IR, except it os a wavelenght that flares or IRCCM are not meant to decoy, making it much more resistant.

While the Type 91 is technically using another different type of seeker, being a visible light imaging seeker, that has the additional benefit of distinguishing the image of the target, this function is not implemented in game yet, so it can’t be used as example.

2 Likes

Like what

Question, is it possible for both seekers to be active at the same time? Or is it like war thunder where the seeker mode has to be decided pre launch, and can’t switch or use both mid flight?

I’m so proud of us for getting to part three before voldbegs have picked up steam.

70 instead of 80 however ill interprete that as a honest mistake instead of misleading. Seems plausible for someone to be a bit off with details like these

They say the range is 28km and 70G, so your not ok with 80G, they say 70Gs. It’s that gonna make a difference? Dont think so