Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Buccaneer is nice but grinding modifications for high tier bombers is just terrible experience for me

1 Like

Best Devblog for me.
I enjoyd the Bucc S2 a lot and iam going to like this one even more.
First thing iam going to grind out when the Update drops.
Also a pretty solid Cas platform for Ground RB and for convoy hunting in Sim thanks to the Pavespike designator.
I hope it also gets the regular Bomb sight like the S2 got. very handy for Sim bombing.

5 Likes

Hooray for the Bucc S2B, let’s hope those Martels will handle better than the way too sensitive Bullpups

1 Like

It’s not really an MCLOS missile. Have a read of this:

British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion - Machinery of War Discussion / Aircraft - War Thunder — official forum

All the info you need about it in in here.

3 Likes

Probably not the AS.37s before there is an ARM, notARH, introduction across the board. But they probably have finished the model for the AS.37

It’s a bit of a misdemeanour as it’s not an anti-ship missile as such. Could be used against ships, but it was also designed for use against other targets. Here read this:

British Weapon Systems - Technical data and discussion - Machinery of War Discussion / Aircraft - War Thunder — official forum

All the info has been collated by members and @Flame2512 was kind enough to compile it into one big thread.

7 Likes

To be honest, anti radiation missiles would just cause more problems than they would solve, especially at a BR around 10.0

2 Likes

If they’re showing all the exciting stuff for this patch already, then what will the teaser show?

doubt we’d see ARM at this low of a BR

2 Likes

The TV guidance variant was entirely designed to fulfill the RNs request for an anti-shipping missile. It can do other things, but it’s a AshM by doctrine

Hungarian Air and Tigershark

Zzzz

1 Like

In comparison to Israel, France really has a lot of light tanks.
Israel has currently like 2
AMX 13 and an AML 90
We live in a light tank crisis for minor nations rn

The terminal phase is MCLOS though, the TV variant cannot target things without manual intervention

I was meaning more for how it would control in WT, I assume it will just use the usual MCLOS controls we have on say, bullpup, etc. I dont know what the actual term would be, but its a “close enough” for the terminal final attack controls, no?

In the final attack stage? Does it have to be controlled in the dive?

Completely yeah, it just has a autopilot to get it into the general area

1 Like

As long as it actually gets the camera that would be fine and dandy

There’s a good chance they implement it like a TV guided bomb/missile with a loft flight profile for the sake of game play balance.

2 Likes

That would be a viable solution

True, that would be a simple solution and Gaijin loves those