Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

The TV guidance variant was entirely designed to fulfill the RNs request for an anti-shipping missile. It can do other things, but it’s a AshM by doctrine

Hungarian Air and Tigershark

Zzzz

1 Like

In comparison to Israel, France really has a lot of light tanks.
Israel has currently like 2
AMX 13 and an AML 90
We live in a light tank crisis for minor nations rn

The terminal phase is MCLOS though, the TV variant cannot target things without manual intervention

I was meaning more for how it would control in WT, I assume it will just use the usual MCLOS controls we have on say, bullpup, etc. I dont know what the actual term would be, but its a “close enough” for the terminal final attack controls, no?

In the final attack stage? Does it have to be controlled in the dive?

Completely yeah, it just has a autopilot to get it into the general area

1 Like

As long as it actually gets the camera that would be fine and dandy

There’s a good chance they implement it like a TV guided bomb/missile with a loft flight profile for the sake of game play balance.

2 Likes

That would be a viable solution

True, that would be a simple solution and Gaijin loves those

Puts the effective range down a fair bit too, if they added it as IRL it would out range most if not all the SPAA in the game

1 Like

@Smin1080p is regenerative steering ever coming to War Thunder?

I remember it being discussed about 6 years ago and then nothing ever happened

Makes me wounder if they are using it to test a new mechanic out for TV weapons that use data Link. Would open up a lot of weapons that could be mounted on planes already in game.

I mean, they can just give us a late variant with PS/PT, datalink AIM-7s to compensate for lack of pulse radar and better AIM-9s and that’d be perfect enough.

1 Like

Given how the leaker was talking about the 29th, I’m saying that’s it lmao

1 Like

Honestly, I can see Gaijin doing that

1 Like

There is usually a stream on thursdays though. Nothing new.

Imo the teaser is much more likely tomorrow.

Happened last time yeah, and pretty sure it’s happened before that as well. We should keep an eye out for the dev server being updated tho

True, maybe he was just talking about a teaser

Either way tho, we should keep an eye out for an update to the dev server

1 Like