Dance of Dragon - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

What do you mean by superior close range? If its 5-10km you will not survive from Aim-120 as well. As for the PL-8B Japanese F-15 already has similiar missile that is called AAM-3, and lets not forget Kfir C-10 will most likely come with Python-4’s which will be the best ir missile in terms of performance.

I highly disagree, Gripen didnt even recieved its main arsenal nor final version. Not to mention it still has superior flight performance to almost anything, only Block-10 can challenge Gripen in 1vs1 and even then its not hundred percent win.

Also lets not forget Gripen carries Aim-120’s which are superior to PL-12’s ingame, not gonna even talk about tons of countermeasures and missing MAW system with its proper radar.

Its ironic considering MICA missiles are still missing good amount of range, if it gets fixed it will be most likely best Fox-3 missile in the game.

Aim-120’s are still king in long range engagements while MICA holds the best close range performance, i dont think PL-12’s doesnt even get into top 4.

4 Likes

They aren’t live weapons.

I know. Why are you telling me this?

Dude those are just mock-up missiles and Smin clearly stated that EAP will not come the game.

2 Likes

These are dummies, for further EAP discussion and also some information please refer to my post (excuse the shameless plug) though its also worth noting the discussion has been completely put to bed and Gaijin are not going to add it.

If they add the Su-47 and Mig 1.44 that might indicate a further change towards ‘technology demonstrators’ but until then.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the MiG 1.44 combat capable?

None of them ever had weapons, avionics, aside from retractable weapons bays which are just flaps that fold outwards.

They’re pretty much just EAP’s but testing 5th generation technology rather than 4th generation.

Ach so. Danke.

(I see. Thanks.)

1 Like

Kein Problem, ich verstehe ein Bisschen Deutsch.

Didnt 1.44 was tested with FCS and radar?

Iırc it was tested with them.

Lernst du auch Deutsch?

Y’all just can’t be told “no” once, can ya?

Yeah no never tested with them, just suggested for the production variant.

It only ever did flight tests.

They couldn’t even have afforded to fit the radar and avionics later on as the company was broke and the Russian government refused to donate any more finances.

Any chance we Stug IV or some other WW2 armored vehicle or have we already reached the upper limit per update?

Naturlich, weil meine Oma und meine Freundin Deutsch sprechen kann, vielleicht in der Zukunft werde ich gutes Deutsch sprechen. Aber bis dahin, kann ich nur kurze einfache Gesprache haben.

(I dont know if I have to translate this because forum rules: Yes because my Grandma and Girlfriend speak german, perhaps i’ll be able to speak good german but until then all i can do is have short and easy chats)

1 Like

Yea i remember that Company went hilldown during the project and Soviets refused to finance them, seems like misremebered the testing phase. Shame, it could’ve been a really good platform…

1 Like

I mean when 1 engine produces more thrust than your empty weight it can’t really be bad can it haha.

Also this is the impression from English and google translated side of things, perhaps a Russian speaker can correct me.

1 Like

Soviets always had Amazing prototypes that never came into life due to budget reasons, this bad boy was just one of them.

Where’s my new toys, Gaijin?!?!!😡

1 Like