Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

It really is unfortunate that they don’t.

Even a minor name change upon spading would go a decent way as a nod to the effort put into playing the vehicles

2 Likes

Every tree has a Sherman.
I think we can figure out how to give every tree a Sabre.

2 Likes

I’m suffering from devblog withdralws

1 Like

Dev dev hmmmmmm lol

One big difference is the AIM-120 will give IOG (Inertial Onboard Guidance) as the 54 and ER do. Reacquire on the 120 is night and day better then the 7M as well as it’s tracking to target. If you lose track with a 7M most of the time it goes stupid, the 120 is a big improvement on this.

The good news is the UK used sabres. (Oh ZA as well)

Examples

Canadair Sabre F.2: The First of a New Generation for the RAF
Canadair Sabre F.4: The RAFs Best Aircraft Was ... Canadian?

2 Likes

That is true, but that is part of its core as ARH, when it comes to how it will behave in game it will be just a longer range 7M. i know it is a big simplification, but that is what it will boil to.

I’ll just be glade to hit my US radar missile shots more often 😁

Well since sub tree tabs are a hot topic recently why not give the UK a tab for American imports ? hehe

I mean those technically aren’t American. (they are but they aren’t)

Yea but I mean any thing from the US we had, I mean we used the Kitty hawk to death in Africa and yet no where in Britain

What is HMD mode?

tbf most of the Kittyhawks were lend lease, and I’m not entirely sure about what Gaijins decisions when it comes to lend lease vehicles being Tech Tree

The Tomahawk on the other hand… well that’s definitely an option

1 Like

Helmet Mounted Display , basically where ever your cursor goes the missle seeker or radar lock will follow

Oh is it like the circle that’s in your helmet? And you press lock-on it’s like the square that’s on the enemy ship?

1 Like

A HMD can be activated using a dedicated button and doesn’t just activate automatically during missile launches, and capability for radar cueing through the helmet system has been added. A HMD will provide you with information such as current G-Forces, indicated airspeed, line of sight heading, line of sight (the crosshair), the current designated ground target, altitude in feet and the direction of infrared homing for air-to-air missiles (if the indicator is crossed out, the IR seeker is out of the HMD display).
A HMD also displays information about the onboard radiation warning system, which includes the name of the radiating source, the direction to the source indicated by a diamond, and the line of sight relative to the aircraft, shown as a missing arc on a circle. In addition to this, you can now stabilize the targeting system by simply looking at a ground target and pressing your key. These are the best electronics for those of you who love the F-16, and we hope you’ll appreciate them!

1. Radar Warning System source signal:
  • name of the vehicle.
  • signal direction — diamond.
  • view positioning — a gap in the circle.
  1. Current G-force.
  2. Indicated air speed, kn.
  3. View direction.
  4. Crosshair.
  5. Acquired target (when strikethrough — the target is out the HMD).
  6. Altitude, ft.
  7. Seeker direction (when strikethrough — the seeker is out of the HMD).

Source: [Development] New Features & Mechanics In Kings of Battle! - News - War Thunder

It’s basically headtracking for your IR-missiles (or gun if you’re in a heli)

11 Likes

Exactly

I wish they did. I’m working on a suggestion for the Hunter F6A at the moment.

Literally all it would add is a drag chute 🤣

Hoping maybe a modification

That’s interesting! Is it similar to Conqueror’s APDS, since they essentially share the same gun?

1 Like

Now were pissed about how bad(woefully poorly portraryed). People would not mind now because they want players of other trees to understsnd that how bad it is now.