Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Take 7M, give it more range and make mother aircraft be able to do a bigger angle to you than when using SARH. Thats all. The ways to defeat them stay the same. Sure they will be a fancy new thing, but what will be more meta defining will be platforms they will be on.

Wow really…? That’s it?

It’s most likely a skill issue, but when I tried them during the test, I couldn’t get them to work with TWS, which is how everyone advised to use them hahah.

They said: “use TWS, launch multiple missiles, enjoy everyone dying”. But I did that and not a single missile landed on any target xD

Yea, they confirmed that multipathing and nothing will affect them the same way as SARH missiles, so nothing much will change in the bigger picture.

Sounds like putting Dunkerque after Bretagne is the perfect idea. I’m sure Gaijin will pay you huge royalties for your idea.

1 Like

The thing is, for TWS to work you had to softlock, not just launch them and keep planes in scan zone pings. So it was the same as SARH, but you could update more missiles at one in a situation where you were operating your radar well enough, as only one plane was followed with soft lock, if different plane you launched ARH at moved out of your scan zone, or was out of the radar processor you had to find it again manually. We do not have true TWS in game as of now.

2 Likes

That’s disappointing

Oh, that explains it, thank you!

So in case you launched 3 missiles at planes at bearing lets say 12 24 and 60 you had to softlock all of them to update the position, that meant jumping from one to another, if one of them moved too much, you had to find it manually again, for example by tilting radar more, but that would cause you to lose lock on other 2 planes, so you had to tilt radar again and find them manually again. We lack true TWS that would do those things for you, saving lets say those 3 targets and doing update scan in their sector, then moving to 60 zone plane and doing scan then coming back. On the test it was more who can manage radar better at distance rather than missiles itselfs.

Or who has more favourable TWS arcs.

Yeah… I did not know this; as you said, I thought we hadd full true TWS, so I just locked on two planes with TWS and fired the 120 into them, and not a single one hit…

The only 120 kill I got was when I used it with the regular PD lock mode hahah.

Taking into account what you explained, I hope I will manage way better from now on!

1 Like

Yea, but that also had its problems where wide scan gave scans with too much space between them and processor was forgeting the planes.

TWS we have is just normal src but with detailed visualization of where target goes. We will need ability to softlock multiple things if we want ARH to truly work.

2 Likes

Than gor.

If we really had perfect radar, perfect weapons etc no multipathing, ARH would be absolutely game destroying. At least for current meta, current maps etc.

We do not need perfect things, but lack of true TWS makes ARH lose half of its gimmicks, that is engage multiple targets at once.

You mean, of course, beyond 10km or whatever.

But since most combat in current meta occurs at that distance anyway, it’s less important than it could be.

That’s true, and personally i think we should get bigger maps, but it does not mean we have to kill an ability that planes with them should have.
And all ARH in game had 16km pitbull range.

It really doesn’t.

All TIALD in game I believe are 400s. But modeled as gen 1 not gen 2.

I don’t see the point of adding the tornado Gr1B as a separate aircraft unless we get it as an MFG equivalent event aircraft.

I need gajin rename Jaguar GR.1A on tech tree and stat card is Jaguar GR.1B in next major update

Jaguar GR.1A/GR.1B equipped TIALD A with 1st gen thermal.

I hope Harrier GR.7 from RN change to TIALD 400 with 2nd gen thermal and TIALD 200 on Tornado GR.1

Tornado GR.1B as a event vehicle ? Maybe

2 Likes