Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Perhaps remade into a single player mission, or maybe an event like battle of the atlantic

Betting for that next event for the air reward
A premium P-51 or a B-17.

Theme : Master of the air

With a side event aka this

1 Like

Could be ! There aren’t many large changes apart from the balance change of adding more bombers.

Maybe some ace mustangs, then? Or a B-17 that survived to this day, and there are a few that not only made it today, but also remained airworthy.

1 Like

Yea an ace P-51 is what I’m thinking it’s then tied to a real event then that gives an excuse for gaijin to be lazy.

Hi, I’m the one who made that suggestion.
I wanted to also make a suggestion for a late model British Phantom (FG.1 in RAF service, with 9L; FGR.2 with 9L; F.3 (or F-4J(UK)) with 9L; all more or less around ~1984/1985) but sadly it didn’t get approved. In my opinion, Britain needs a stop gap late-service Phantom more than the US does, since it jumps from the Phantom (10.7) to the Tornado (12.0(?) unless they moved it down) and something between those two would fit really well I think. Even if it needs semi-historical AIM-7F/M I still think it would be a good addition to the tree.

1 Like

Tornado F3 is 11.3 in ARB alongside the FG1,FG2 and F4JUK Phantoms. unsure about Simulator BR brackets.

Would be really cool if it is the Memphis Belle. I visited the Sally B in Duxford last month, and it just looks so cool.

2 Likes

I think in sim it’s 12.3. It’s been a while since I fought one in sim, but in RB it might have been moved down to 11.7. But still, the gap between the FG/FGR and the Tornado in terms of tech and lethality is pretty big, and the Phantom might even outperform the Tornado if it received AIM-9Ls

Or just more Rank 7 -candidate aircraft so the existing FG or FGR can be allowed to move up

1 Like

Word, my bad. I haven’t paid attention to the battle ratings like at all recently

image-container

The creature

5 Likes

They should both have 9L’s though, just british phantoms can’t be the best in the game apparently, its simply not allowed

Personally I would rather them be separate aircraft (one with 9L and one without) since the leap from rear-aspect focus to all-aspect gaming is too big in my head and needs to be an incremental progression instead of just an all-in-one. Its the same reason I made a suggestion for an F-4E (1983) with 9L and 7M, since the leap is just too big.

1 Like

If they were folded with the ones in game yes, if not i’d rather have the FGR.2 be given 9L’s and the FG.1 keep just the G’s

2 Likes

That’s the idea, to have them foldered. Hopefully if/when a suggestion is made and if/when they get added they are foldered.

3 Likes

historical falkland FGR.2 gaming 🙏

so lol my point is he wasnt the only one prolonging the thread

caught in 4k

1 Like