Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

gszabi said it was the tip of the iceberg

2 Likes

I personally think Eurofighter/Rafale is much further away than people realise, like either summer or winter 2025.

My timeline is December this year. Otherwise Germany would have the F4F-ICE and Britain and Italy would have Gripen C and that be it for top tier for all 3 nations for well over a year.

I think we’ll see Typhoon Equivalents like the F-15 and F-18 added maybe as early as September

I think it’s going to be a winter update with both of those, too good not to make it like that, just like SU-27 and F-15 this winter. Now whether it’s this December or the next one, can’t tell but I am hoping it’s this one

you should not care about it , it’s a real plane , but it comming is just an inside joke from the leaking community

but here is the SWIP in question

Really shouldn’t be. AIM-120B and AIM-9M/L(I) would be perfectly balanced against Su-27M/J-11A with R-73 and R-77, F-15 MSIP with 120B and 9M/AAM-3
People only say the Typhoon would be later because they expect a Tranche 4 off the bat with all the bells and whistles.

Tranche 1 would be perfectly fine to not have IRIS-T/ASRAAM at first, perfectly balanced between the 3 nations that operate them, as well as most other nations (less Ru, Cn, Fr) that use the exact same weaponry. And reasonable to pull a MiG-29 R-73 situation.

Spoiler

4th gens and Fox-3s

2 Likes

Yeah, Im genuinely convinced that most are expecting something like the Typhoon FGR4 with ASRAAM and Meteor with Captor-E radars and not the reality of what something like the DA2/F2 would be

Isn’t the SWIP a meme cause it was in a bunch of leak lists for every update, but then never arrived lol?

Yeah, I can just really see Gaijin making this December patch about F18 and some Sukhoi, and they’re obviously not gonna release EF/Rafale for a January update so that leaves summer, or December 2025. I still think this winter is pretty early but I could be wrong.

Oh where ?

Part 2, huh?

We all thought December 2023 was too early for F-15s and Su-27s, yet here we are lol. Same story happened with F-16s and Mig-29s back in December 2022. I think December is a good bet for the next step up.

Everyone’s talking Rafales/EFTs and I am curious where they plan to slide the F-2 early in though. It can’t use ARH missiles so the only selling point would be anti-ship missiles (if they model it), or AESA/flight performance (with same old AIM-7Ms). It has no HMD or MAW either.

1 Like

DM83 ≠ EKE
They aint the same

Im starting to wonder if the F2 is going to be the japanese F-20 premium equivalent

god I hope fucking not

Please don’t call it that, I escaped not to long ago

>_>

4 Likes

I don’t see why it would be premium at all.

Because Gaijin

Looking back at the list, I’m very curious what the 2 spoiler bars are hiding.

I mean if they are spoiler bars.