Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

first one 714 of pages with no mention of the word rails

just give me a page number

AGM-65E is in the files btw.

3 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Gaijibbles, gib us the Laser-Mavs :D

I want fat mavs

4 Likes

facts brother, spit your facts INDEED

3 Likes

That mean might be lead-in fighter trainer (LIFT)/light combat aircraft and light attack aircraft from Alenia Aermacchi/leonardo ? Sounds familiar.

I’m a little worried F-16C Block 50 (USAF), F-16A Block 20 MLU (ROCAF) and AV-8B Plus (ITA) will receive AGM-65G from gaijin this quarter or second major update this year ?

3 Likes

Arguably D is the better missile anyway due to the heat warhead

Some evidence I think might have been found by flame for that actually

1 Like

would the Blast penetrators even be useful for wt?

TV guided anti helicopter weapon?

do they have a proxy fuse tho?

you can already use mavs against Helis

Not sure, to be honest

@Smin1080p the recent Warthunder official video stated that the Magic 2 was the worst out of all top tier missiles in the two tests they conducted, will there be any planned fixed to the Magic 2 to give it its realistic performance?

5 Likes

Maybe vs SPAA or something. Especially if you had 2 close together. (though no harm in giving players a choice of weapon types)

I think the D is probably the better AGM-65 variant for now vs tanks. But what we need is some better T-Pods like TIALD 500 (gen 2) for the Harrier Gr7 to make better use of them.

More likely to give top tier mirages MICAs. Giving the magic 2 realistic performance would more than likely result in the need to increase the BR of the MF1C, MF1CT and most importantly the MF1C-200, which is a premium.

2 Likes

The April fools event will be a radioactive L3

1 Like

Wrong itll be a abrams, leclerc, type 90/10/tkx and Merkava’s with spall liners :p

2 Likes

It only has 80lb [36.28kg] of explosives(Octol), so has a TNTe of ~50kg, so should perform similarly to the AGM-12B. Except with automatic guidance depending on the seeker, be that some form of F&F or SALH.

Realistically, its not actually any better than the HEAT warhead(since they use all up weight of the warhead as the explosive mass erroneously), but won’t be impacted by the arbitrarily imposed 20mm penetration cap on HEAT / HESH, unless they make a similar ruling, though we have a primary source for the Weight of the HE variant’s warhead (it’s really a Semi- Armor Piercing design) so that is unlikely.

So will probably be ever so slightly more reliable.

It’s still nowhere near the mass equivalence of the KH-23[96kg] (211lb), let alone the -25[119kg] (264lb) or the massive -29[186kg] (410lb), and is limited to one per station, so doesn’t actually have any real upside vs the HEAT variants. for that we’re going to have to wait for the AGM-84E & -K / JSOW etc.

2 Likes