Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

AIM-120A/B are comparable to R-77

AIM-120C-5 to R-77-1, PL-12 and MICA (apart from TVC)

1 Like

also where is the “better than su39” su25 we were supposed to get in the tree

Yeah, that was what he was trying to do to me, took everything I had to manage throttle, flaps and airbrakes to stay on his six. Managed to get a partial hit with a Skyflash which crippled him enough for guns

1 Like

Su-39 late )))

Hasn’t been added yet obviously, it will most likely be the Su-25SM3.

Do you have a source to do some light reading on?

either that or the su25tm since gaijin thinks su39=/=su25tm

which means maybe we will get r77 for the tt version

Part of me thinks that if aim-120s come to game the F-14A may come in that update and the radars in aircraft that are currently held back like the Viggen Mod D, F-14B, F-15, & Su27 are going to get their actual power and precision updated to historical standard.

I believe when all these active missiles come to the game and the many aircraft that are able to use it will longer be who he who has the best missile but the best radar.

The Su-39 is labeled the Su-25TM in the files btw, idk if that means anything though.

Would make sense with aircraft like AV-8B+ (with AMRAAM) and Sea Harrier FA2 likely due soon as well

The aim-120 is still heavily reliant on the launching aircrafts radar until the terminal phase, team keep that in mind.

So when the Aim-120 does come expect differing accuracy performances depending on the aircraft, its radar, datalink and fire control.

i know what one gonna have the best radar
My most wanted aircraft

5 Likes

Ima play my Italian right now!

1 Like

except as we saw when the su39 was first added, that they think the su39 is an export model meanwhile su25tm is the normal one

What BR you think they will increase those aim120 harriers? I think pretty high. They are already really good dog fighters and have the aim9ms. Very survivable too.

They can carry 6x Aim-120s and 2x Aim9Ms. In one loadout

depends how potent AMRAAMs will be
but i cant see the FA2 being higher BR then the SU27 and similar aircraft (without fox 3) the performance gap is massive but we will see what gajin will do

2 Likes

It’s a possibility, having one with thermal and all its enhanced weapons capabilities would be interesting.

actually this is the image i was looking for

Spoiler

5 Likes

Problem is, neither the Mercury pod nor Khod pod have ever been put on any other planes, so gajjin would have to be getting a lil creative to do so. Also I’m not sure but it’s possible that neither pod is actually responsible for guidance, and simply slave the original built in targeting pod to their view instead.

I think it would make the most since, plus if they gave it more modern AGM’s like the TV guided Kh-25’s then it could carry 6 dangerous fire and forget weapons. That would be pretty good for air to ground

Also the new DRICM should be able to jam even some of the most modern missiles like the stinger we have in game

2 Likes