Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

Yes and no.

Yes Su-39 is technically the best you can get. But it doesn’t have all of its theoretical loadout.

Probably get a 12/12.3 version with ARH at some point.

2 Likes

Su39 late most likely

Su-24, Su-34

1 Like

I would think those would go after the mig27.

I just want the SU-24 for the meme of like 500 grenades

Started testing the Kopyo radar pod. It really likes being in PD, and only is good against moving ground targets. Definitely a minor work around (not convenient enough imo) for not having thermals.

That would give the slightest edge to the Su-39 in my opinion.

Having played a lot more high tier now that I have nearly a full 11.7 lineup, I can say I haven’t even had a loadout for the Kopyo until today, and I don’t know if a game of Ground RB is going to pace itself well enough to allow the luxury of selecting targets via ground radar. It takes a little to dial in the acquisition. When you have a lock, it does seem to work quite well, lock is solid doesn’t break too easily.

The addition of the latter might not be related to the timing of the former. While missile-carrying ships are more modern than the battleships which currently form naval 's top BR that does not necessarily translate to being superior to them, in the context of War Thunder. They have advantages, mainly an excellent hitrate at range and ( sometimes ) high filler quantities per " shell ". But they also have large disadvantages, especially regarding survivability against sustained gunfire and ability to produce sustained gun( or missile )fire.

At present it does not appear that missile ships would supersede battleships in BR, cruiser-like BR 's being more likely for the time being. There are modern vessels w/ systems that could probably overwhelm a battleship, but there 's decades of ships and a massive variety in effectiveness between those and what missile ships we have now.
image-2

Separately there is evidence that specifically anti-ship weaponry is being developed for high- to top-tier aircraft, but those will likely be implemented for use against non-player environmental targets as part of the rumoured upgrades to the aviation gamemodes.

5 Likes

wouldn’t be surprised if they gave it Vikhrs based on “technically possible” capability

I was chasing a Su39 in a Tornado Gr1 the other day in SB and I noticed 2 weird things about that radar.

1. it shows as M29 on the RWR

2. I was getting Pinged by it even though I was behind it

1 Like

The reason the 25T and 39 can fire Vihkers is because they have the exact same targeting pod as the one on the Ka-50, which has a laser built to guide them in. The only way the Su-25SM3 could do this is if it has the technical capabilities to emmit that exact same beam

Idk, this line can be also used for Tupolev bombers

The Kopyo radar pod is based off a more modern radar intended for the 29, and that RWR issue is something I’ve noticed with a lot of radar. Basically once your close enough, it doesn’t matter if the radar is looking at you or not, it still emmits enough radiation to get picked up apperently

1 Like

Yeah, a lot of aircraft just show up as other aircraft. But was very confused in a 10.7 to 11.3 match why I was being pinged by an M29

But man, that IRCM is a pain in the butt. Had an Su39 really really make me work for a gun kill in an F3 the other day

What do you think when we will see F-18 and Su-33?
AIM-120A/B without R-77?

Probably second or third patch of this year

A few days ago I was in a Ground RB match flying the 39, and had a cocky F-16 on my ass. I reversed him and he decided to pull right in front of my nose and I sawed his wing off. He had already spammed all his 9M’s at me but the IRCM did it’s job.

I later got killed by a top attacker Aim-9M from an F-15 directly above

So wouldn’t it be possible to simply carry one of the pods available for Su-39 to guide Vikhr?

something something sidelobes

Su-25SM3 is probably the next attacker we may end up seeing, DIRCM and Thermal imager with a x16 zoom will be neat, also I’d like to see the A-10C added along with it.

1 Like

su39 and t need their khod thermal pod, idk why they havent added it yet