Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

Take into account that they just added the premium M1 for US

Oh im aware but theres only so much you can do in say a challenger 1 or 2 compared to a Leopard 2A4 or 2A5+

I know but at least for Chally 2 you can be saved by front plate spall liner at times unlike Leopards and ~6 sec reload carries it. (talking about German leos)

Exclusively at top tier though. Sweden has a mixed bag of ground until rank 5-6 although the finnish tree makes it a lot better. The air they have 1 great aircraft. Look at the tree on the whole.

Part of being a major nation is having something good maybe even several good things in every rank which Germany has. That is what separates them.

I understand Sweden is better, I regularly play Sweden, Germany and the UK but I have never been stuck with no good options in Germany, I cannot say the same for Sweden and the UK.

1 Like

only if they aim on the sides of the upper front plate if they aim for the middle the spall liner does nothing
and the right side would hit your charges unless you in the TD

1 Like

i still consider high /top tier the norm to measure sth, since that is the money maker for gajin and what intrests most new players. One of the reasons io consider South africa an unfair advantage for britain as well. UK has as many vehicle options as many as US, USSR and Germ, but the addition of the sub tree gives them diversity and allows to fix holes like with grippen. In the same sentence people wanna deny sub trees for germany because it “doesnt need it”, which the UK didnt need either for ground.
Uk isnt stuck without options, gajin just didnt add them yet, thats on gajin. Sub trees give an “unfair” advantage compared to standalone trees.

Many people want the other nordish nations be more integrated into sweden as well which would further bolster their line ups

1 Like

That is fair enough.

I agree mostly, part of it is quality though, for instance the vickers mk.11 could replace the rooikat, but its pretty bad comparatively. That is a very UK specific point though and equally I can’t really complain about more british stuff if its crap. I still think germany should get swiss options where there’s no other options to fill a role, the thing with germany is that there are very few of those gaps.

True, however again i just point to quality, also standalone trees are almost always major trees which have a number of options and rather ‘full’ trees with something good at every rank. Germany as of current does not really have any gaps, there’s CAS in the ~9.7 bracket, but the Mig-29G is still competitive when other nations get things like the F-15C, Gripen with AMRAAM etc then its a more than fair point.

I haven’t put enough thought in to giving an opinion on that however the Nordics are very closely aligned (see Finland and Sweden’s NATO Ascension).

Switzerland would be a rather good subtree for Germany but they’d only need them for the air tree and due to the german volume of vehicles it would be the same as it is with south africa, britain only has 1 SAAF jet, Germany has 1 swiss jet. There isn’t that much difference given that the Mig-29G is still good.

I mostly agree with you though I just think you aren’t looking at quality, the nations with sub-trees either have small trees, or bad trees (even if in Britains case its because they won’t add anything in a finished state or they just pick the worst stuff).

Apologies for the essay here.

Hello chat, its been a while since i came here, whats cooking?

It was tested for a year and a half, that’s more than just a photo of people next to a plane.
It was done within the framework of the project for a new multirole fighter, based on the Viggen and the Hornet, whose learnings and different collaborations, years later, will be transferred to the Eurofighter.

In this context, the company Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm (MBB) and Dornier Flugzeugwerke, among others, worked on the German Taktische Kampflugzeuge of 1990. British Aerospace did the same with the P.110. Then P.110 and TKF-90 were merged into ACA. The Germans and British were looking for a replacement for the F4 and the Jaguar.

Personally, I am not adept at considering vehicles evaluated. But if I had to consider one of them (hell, Sweden and Japan already have theirs) it would be the Hornet because of its extensive evaluation that served to lay the foundation for the future development of the EF.

Spoiler

11280-cdfd4c7c7d10893dbeb93f2493111d38
TKF-90_MBB_2_ffYkp2N.jpg
moniteur33_p35
ACA2
MBB-TKF
8148_1
Dornier-5a
31426-6c1bfe07bdf2e65ba99e861880355a5d

1 Like

You say that, but ignoring that usa and ussr are multiple times larger then germany. Russia is receiving multiple vehicles of other nations to fill “gaps” which werent realy existing and nearly every old warsaw pact nations is fearing they just gonna get swallowed into ussr in the next patch

i speak more in the way of people wanting to further add denmark and estonia to sweden, right this moment 1 guy is demanding the danish 2a7V to be added to sweden
https://forum.warthunder.com/t/germany-and-sweden-steamroll/65185/67

doesnt necesarily need to be a subtree, just add from its what is needed, a complete switz sub tree would bring to much french stuff which would be problematic as well

Huh?

Doesn’t sound like demanding at all. It’s just his prediction

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/germany-and-sweden-steamroll/65185/60

just took the most recent of his posts

Still. Could =/= Should, so he’s right about possible additions

jup some wanna add that to sweden as well

still shouldnt even be demanded and wont happen, its never said that denmark is part of the tree and sweden realy doesnt need it

I mean as far as idea of adding Estonian vehicles to Sweden is retarded, they guy is still only predicting the possible future of Swedish tt.

Horrendous concept

like i said, only whats needed, betweem france and germany, but sorry it realy has no place as a standalone tree

Whatever the case, I’d rather have nothing instead of them being cucked by a nation that doesn’t need them