Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

I get what you mean but that ability in the Viggen will rarely help you when every fighter can simply outthrust and fly circles around you while you bleed out of speed. The best way to get out of this situation in the Viggen is to keep your speed and basically don’t engage in these fights.

Yeah, though thats just uptiers for you Gen 3 vs Gen 4. I suppose the other concern is that whilst the Viggen struggles at 11.7 (right?) and whilst at the moment getting AMRAAM would mean it would be 12.3 vs 12.3 the big concern is what happens when we get 13s? Im fully expecting 13s like the Typhoon within the next 6 months. So its a tricky question on what to do with the Viggen.

I mean AIM-120 gives you that ability to turn away, to break a lock and stuff. To simply keep distance from the enemy and don’t engage in WVR.

1 Like

Yeah, it does. Though I personally have some concerns about how impactful its going to be if everyone has ARH. Especially if they are all essentially identical ARH.

The last time they mentioned it*, they stated it would not be planned for implementation since usable information for modelling it is scarce or nonexistant. Abrams SEP v3/4 was stated to be in a comparable situation also.

Since we know that the Challenger 2 " Megatron " is being worked on through Oliviia 's leaks, we know that there will be atleast new top Challenger for GB. Beyond that it could go either way, if it becomes necessary to provide the techtree a " top " tank they might decide to invent a speculative Chally LEP( definitive ), as they had to for Italy through the Ariete AMV.
But if the MBT 's which would be significantly superior to the existing, known Challenger 2 's are themselves also not planned to be added since they too lack information for Gaijin to consider modelling them, the LEP/3 would probably not be added either - there would be no reason to bend the rules to force it 's inclusion. Like how Japan won’t be getting better tanks above their Type 10 's, as those are close enough to top tier to be it.

considered to be the same vehicle, example

Though Personally I dont think adding another “better” CR2 is actually going to help at all. We have 5 that are unfinished that should be worked on first.

But that isnt Britains biggest issue. The issue is our top tier consists of 5 MBTs and 1 ATGM launcher that can double as an SPAA. Thats it. Thats our top tier line up. We need a decent Long range SPAA, a Decent close range SPAA and 1-2 light tanks/IFVs at a reasonable BR. That would drastatically overhaul Britains top tier. Adding another CR2 aint going to fix that

Probably not, but the original question was " what are the likely next/last top MBT 's ", which for GB the answer is " most likely not the Chally LEP or 3 " ( though there is evidence they’ll get at least one more CR2 ).

Yeah… Though could be a possibility in the future.

The fully digitalised tanks will benefit from:

• a new 120mm smoothbore gun which uses the most advanced globally available ammunition
  • a new suite of sights providing tank commanders with enhanced day and night targeting abilities
  • a new armour solution
  • an active protection system
  • a turret that can be fitted to the tanks of allies and global partners
  • Significantly improved mobility through an upgraded engine and new hydrogas suspension

https://www.army.mod.uk/news-and-events/news/2023/02/challenger-3-hits-milestone-ahead-of-schedule/

The sights and targetting abilities arent really a thing modelled in WT, none of the CR2s have them anyway. Nor is the turret inter-compatability a big deal as well.

So the main 2 upgrade points are the new gun with better ammo and better armour. The mobility upgrades would help too, but I doubt in WT it would be much better than the CR2 is currently.

But yeah, up next is probably just another CR2 that is just a C&P with a few tweaks. Main upgrade for it will probably be L28A1/A2

Ironically the ch2 recently had its engine uprated to 1500 from 1200

Yeah, but the issue is that a lot of critical mechanics, namely Regenerative steering. just arent modelled in WT, that leave a lot of tanks slower and less nimble than they should be. But the heavier the tank, the greater the impact from the missing mechanics.

This is the same kind of promotional material that they said wasn’t enough to use for modelling it; it seems more like the vehicle isn’t considered for addition at all, assuming comparable ones wouldn’t be also.

Yeah… Though by the state of the CR2s, They barely have enough data to model them correctly. Some legends in the community like @Legwolf are doing some real deep dives on public information to get the CR2s to a reasonable state, but so far that information hasnt been actioned, some of it has been provided well over a year ago.

1 Like

but some player would say British have 5 toptier MBT. STOP IT

The Leopard 2 models in the game are also bugged.
The front armor of the hull of all Leopard 2 models is far too weak in the game, like butter.

The fact that the British no longer have strong tanks is probably due to the fact that they live on a small island where the use of tanks is unlikely and therefore nothing more powerful is needed.

1 Like

Britain suffers the most gaijin don’t care about them

Excuse me what ?

A almost 1,000 Km island isn’t what you call small.

And there are something called boats too.
and the channel tunnel

Only two of them are useable, and they are still very inaccurately represented in game.

I’m afraid that Gaijin will fool the players again and foist a Leopard 2A6M on the German TT.
Just nothing that is strong and can stand up to the other nations.

1 Like

Since ww2 the UK has used their tanks in combat much more than Germany has. This is a ridiculous statement.

1 Like

I felt attacked