Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

That’s two conflicting points of information? It sounds like if the F-16 dodges the first attack, the F-15 will lose always.

If we bring the XF-2 into it, which is better than the F-16C, then that muddies the water further.

Well if we compare the F-2 to F-15J, F-15J vastly outperforms the F-2 not to mentionF-2 will be worse in performance then even F-16Cs too. F-2 will be a superior low speed dogfighter but will struggle trying to catch a F-15J. F-15J can use its superior performance to distance and be able to turn at its best speeds quicker.

Not conflicting at all. The Eagle wins in a one circle fight, which means both planes turning in the same direction. The F-16 wins in a 2 circle, which means both aircraft turning in opposite directions.
Really even in the two circle its still an uphill battle for the F-16 since the Eagle can simply overpower the F-16 and force a one circle.
And if it can’t, it can simple leave the fight and come back when it feels more comfortable. The only real advantage the F-2 would have is the superior radar.

1 Like

Can someone find that Swedish F/A-18 please.

Details : grainy, with hills and badly ai color

There is only so long they can delay an aircraft like the F2 because of AESA. If they want to wait till all nations are equal, then you are going to have to have an update with F-2, F-18, Typhoon FGR4 and Su-57, etc etc all in the same update. WHich would just be mad. They’ll have to find some other way of balancing airframes soon

In WT though low speed performance is very important, especially in 1 vs 1 as that’s what would end up happening when people try to get behind each other.

Sure the F-15 can run away but that’s what they should be doing instead of trying to dogfight.

Are there any hard numbers like this? Because if the F-16 has a higher turn rate, it just seems like only a matter of time before the F-16 gets behind the F-15 turning in the same direction. The only difference is I think the F-15 can burn more energy to get nose on target but if they whiff that opportunity they’re only option is to run away as the F-16 will just keep turning and get behind it.

Honestly I think people overrate AESA and how it’ll work in the game. Even if you can’t notch it and can track multiple targets, unless the S/ARH missiles are AESA seekers themselves, they’d get notched themselves wouldn’t they?

That is what I assume. in ARB it would basically be no differernt to having a really fast scan rate (or whatever its called) in SB it could be very strong and give great situational awarness. I imagine they’d also not fully model it. Like the ground tracking features of the radar.

Yea, and if they want to be extra cautious, they can limit those aircraft to IR missiles only till they feel ready.

I just think AESA is going to be great for situational awareness and potentially not giving off an RWR warning. Otherwise it’s not going to enhance non-AESA missiles, AFAIK.

Maybe ARH with data link. Could be harder to notch. But thats an easy fix. Dont give them ARH with DL

Even then, don’t the missiles use their own seekers once they’re in range and take over? Do they have some mechanism to fall back on DL?

I honestly dont know the ins and outs of it. But I assume that ARH with DL can continuously receive information from its own seeker and the aircrafts radar. Giving it as much information as possible. In theory, essentially having it operate kinda like a SARH. But if you are fired upon yourself (and need to defend) , or engaging multiple targets, you can leave the missile to find its own target.

That would make sense, yea.

The problem is not all air forces are equal. At some point it’ll have to be accepted that some nations are just going to be better in some ways.

2 Likes

Precisely. Unless they have every single nation operate the exact same aircraft or 2 (which is basically what the last year has been) balance will be impossible. But they just need to make sure everything has a weakness and not universally strong.

I.E if it has AESA then maybe it shouldnt have quite as strong BVRs, at least for now.

I can’t seem to find that Swedish F/A-18 picture

Looking at Google I think it might have been a photoshopped DCS screenshot.

Let me have a look where is the camera focused ?

Well, this is strange.

Dev blog seasons normally begin one month before the release of a major update, specially when it’s a big one…

And all December updates are released before the sales, which begin on December 22nd on average.

This means we are about 25 days away from the update’s release, but we won’t likely be getting the first dev blog until 18 days are left? Which means we will have two weeks for Dev Blogs and Dev Server before the live release.

Kinda odd, given how large the update is suppossed to be!

Maybe the things they want devblogs for are taking longer than they expected to finish.

1 Like

the update may just be a few vehicles and alot of gameplay and engine mechanics.

1 Like