Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

That is what I assume. in ARB it would basically be no differernt to having a really fast scan rate (or whatever its called) in SB it could be very strong and give great situational awarness. I imagine they’d also not fully model it. Like the ground tracking features of the radar.

Yea, and if they want to be extra cautious, they can limit those aircraft to IR missiles only till they feel ready.

I just think AESA is going to be great for situational awareness and potentially not giving off an RWR warning. Otherwise it’s not going to enhance non-AESA missiles, AFAIK.

Maybe ARH with data link. Could be harder to notch. But thats an easy fix. Dont give them ARH with DL

Even then, don’t the missiles use their own seekers once they’re in range and take over? Do they have some mechanism to fall back on DL?

I honestly dont know the ins and outs of it. But I assume that ARH with DL can continuously receive information from its own seeker and the aircrafts radar. Giving it as much information as possible. In theory, essentially having it operate kinda like a SARH. But if you are fired upon yourself (and need to defend) , or engaging multiple targets, you can leave the missile to find its own target.

That would make sense, yea.

The problem is not all air forces are equal. At some point it’ll have to be accepted that some nations are just going to be better in some ways.

2 Likes

Precisely. Unless they have every single nation operate the exact same aircraft or 2 (which is basically what the last year has been) balance will be impossible. But they just need to make sure everything has a weakness and not universally strong.

I.E if it has AESA then maybe it shouldnt have quite as strong BVRs, at least for now.

I can’t seem to find that Swedish F/A-18 picture

Looking at Google I think it might have been a photoshopped DCS screenshot.

Let me have a look where is the camera focused ?

Well, this is strange.

Dev blog seasons normally begin one month before the release of a major update, specially when it’s a big one…

And all December updates are released before the sales, which begin on December 22nd on average.

This means we are about 25 days away from the update’s release, but we won’t likely be getting the first dev blog until 18 days are left? Which means we will have two weeks for Dev Blogs and Dev Server before the live release.

Kinda odd, given how large the update is suppossed to be!

Maybe the things they want devblogs for are taking longer than they expected to finish.

1 Like

the update may just be a few vehicles and alot of gameplay and engine mechanics.

1 Like

They do run devblogs even after updates so it might not indicate where the update development progress is, as Smin mentioned.

It’s likely they have really good stuff they want to wait before they reveal it, which could be a good thing because it might be something really good and anticipated.

And on that note, they still do devblogs for gameplay/engine updates so doesn’t mean we should generally see less just because there’s less vehicles.

1 Like

The problem comes with slaving a missile to the AESA radar.
AESA by itself is extremely difficult to evade, Fox-3’s also bring a lot of speed and maneuverability, so if you can make the missile stay on target that’s where the capability gap becomes big. But hopefully enough of a BR gap will be created between what we have now and those.

true however i doubt they would do an individual devblog for each feature. dunno maybe they are running behind or have something special cooking.

I reckon they are trying to get out of their previous promises

1 Like

I would be all for that!

Imagine if, along with Rank VIII ground, they implemented stuff such as the long overdue regenerative steering, more detailed FCSs for modern MBTs, improved physics or mechanics, or a new Dagor engine update.

1 Like